Give it up for Little John

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
Tell me you didn't get a nice chuckle with his steal, full court transition bucket with his off-hand against the reigning Big Ten defensive player of the year. And then follows it up with a pretty behind the back pass to a trailing Eric May moments later.

That was sweet.

:p

Agree...nice to see. I don't think he'll hurt us any when he comes in for a few minutes to give Payne a chance to catch his breath.

Good showing by the Hawks tonight against a team that just has too many horses, but I think the experiences this year will certainly benefit these young guys in the next few years.

It was great to see Little John have some things go his way. He has been thrust into a difficult situation due to the selfish act of Anthony Tucker, read Jon's article, and deserves all the kudos we can give him. Remember, he is a walkon redshirt freshman playing against the undefeated #4 team in the nation and he didn't back down.

Great job John. Glad to have you as a TRUE HAWKEYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be quite honest. I was scared to death to see him in there against Purdue pressure D. Very scared.

No need to be scared Spank. You should have listened to me on 12-20-09 when I posted this;

"Let me tell you, Jon Lickliter has been waiting for this chance to prove all the haters wrong. He's a stud PG who can dribble and pass the ball with the best of them. He's not as good a shooter as Tucker(who is?) but he can drain the three and take it to hoop better than AT."

Or earlier today when I posted this;

"I hate to pat myself on the back but I told you guys that John Lickliter was a player. In 2 minutes of play he had 2 points, 1 rebound and 1 assist. Just think if he played 40 minutes, John would average 40 points, 20 rebounds and 20 assists! That's balling like we have not seen since Oscar Robertson!"

Lil John Lickliter is something special. This is going to be a fun ride. This is it! Go Hawks!

No need to be scared Spank. You should have listened to me on 12-20-09 when I posted this;

"Let me tell you, Jon Lickliter has been waiting for this chance to prove all the haters wrong. He's a stud PG who can dribble and pass the ball with the best of them. He's not as good a shooter as Tucker(who is?) but he can drain the three and take it to hoop better than AT."

Or earlier today when I posted this;

"I hate to pat myself on the back but I told you guys that John Lickliter was a player. In 2 minutes of play he had 2 points, 1 rebound and 1 assist. Just think if he played 40 minutes, John would average 40 points, 20 rebounds and 20 assists! That's balling like we have not seen since Oscar Robertson!"

Lil John Lickliter is something special. This is going to be a fun ride. This is it! Go Hawks!

Ah, but you are wrong. Little John had 2 rebounds in that game.

It will be interesting to see what Lil' Lick can continue to contribute. He will hustle and try to make plays. It was fun seeing what he was able to do tonight.

I thought the Standing O by the crowd was first class. He deserved it and if he can keep it up with his play deserves more playing time.

Not according to the official scoring sent to me by the SID... better change up your projections.

10:42 SCSU MISSED 3 PTR by Smalls, Brandon

REBOUND (DEF) by Lickliter, John

10:06
SCSU MISSED 3 PTR by Porter, Darnell

REBOUND (DEF) by Lickliter, John

Last edited:
It was just one game but he showed potential.

Hopefully, Little John will show consistency where we can come to expect these kind of performances from him game after game after game.

I watched John the last two summers at PTL and at City High, John has amazing range and a great shot, along with a fierce fight and gigantic heart!

I am glad he earned some fans tonight! Everything good you saw tonight is typical of his play.

John's moments were among the best we've had all year at Carver-hawkeye. What we found interesting is that he seems to take chances that other players don't. That fast break wouldn't have happened with most of the others but he took it on in. He also brings the ball up faster than Cully although Purdue wasn't really crowding him as much as they were Cully most of the game. Fun, though.

If Tucker gave half the effort of John Jr he would be one helluva good player.

Hooper makes the post of the basketball year and early in the season, too.

Could not agree more. Actually, I enjoyed watching Little Lick play, tonight, as much as I've ever enjoyed watching A tucker loaf around the court.

Let's Go Hawks. :)

Cant do anything but applaud the heart and hustle, it was nice to see and to see the aggressive move to the hoop. As for the comment about Tucker and heart ( ticker ), well it shouldnt be in the same sentence, but we could offer a nickname for that, how about "Tin-Man"?

I had to do it... video montage time...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTnkSikAnDw"]YouTube- Little John - Ballin'[/ame]

Latest posts