Giants' LB coach Jim Herrmann new DC according to Jaleel Johnson

I just saw that JJ deleted his FB post and his status says he is not 100% sure who the new DC is but he's heard rumors. Wonder if somebody on the staff talked to him.

See... Dumbarse needs to think before he posts messages out there for the world to see. Iowa has 100 other players keeping their mouth shut. No reason Jaleel shouldn't do the same. It's not that big of a deal, it's just the whole point of the matter is that it isn't his responsibility or right to make the announcement. Why he feels entitled to is beyond me. Man he could be a heck of a player. I hope he responds well to Ferentz's coaching style. if not, I'm afraid he may not last long in Iowa City.

I would be very diappointed if Herrmann is the choice, but hoping that in the interim between his failed DC career at UM and now he's come to realize that simplicity and making fast reads is more important than trying to out scheme the opponent.

You know what is funny about Herrmann? If Gronk isn't hurt yesterday, we would all be talking about how Herrmann's unit lost the Superbowl for the Giants. Not because he is a bad coach, just because his players would have been so overmatched with those two TE's.

It's not so much that Hermann having "no contact" with Iowa is BS, it's that it's irrelevant. KF could very well have decided he wanted Hermann and gotten in touch with his agent. In turn the agent speaks with Hermann who confirms the interest is mutual. At that point the school and the agent can work out the details and get everything ready for Hermann to sign. He could become the DC without ever having "talked with Iowa" about the position.

I agree with you that Bradley had talent at PSU, but the difference is Bradley fielded what I'd consider to be an "elite" level defense.

Not elite enough to stop THE MANZI!

4294654323_0b57141889_o.jpg

I had heard that he was more of a bend but don't break kind of guy, but some of the Michigan fans seem to remember him as a more aggressive, complex, blitzing type coordinator. My question is, which is it? I doubt Ferentz is bringing someone in who likes to blitz often.

^It seems that he started as more of a blitzer and transitioned to more of a "bender" over time. Which is fitting because Norm did the same thing over the course of his career.

Latest posts