Gesell's Foul

BlacknGold19

Dumbest play I've seen in a long time. What on earth is he doing?? Does he not know the situation? Mike is a smart kid..but that was just an example of how mentally weak this basketball team is. I have nothing else to say. These last 3 weeks have been mind blowing and hopefully we can get to the Semifinals next Saturday and give Fran his 1st NCAA Tourney win as a Hawkeye.

Unfortunately, It's hard to believe any of that will happen. Later

I actually thought he did a good job of defense until the last slight reach and was making a good effort to get a 5 second call, he almost got it.

It is what it is folks, he can't stick with Abrams 1 on 1 we all know that, but every little reach that far away from the basket has been called when the offensive player gets a step. Gesell would have been better served to let him go and turn and try and recover.

Oh well.

It sums up this team perfectly. **** their leg in tight games. I kind of just want the season to end right now. This has been painful to watch. A new way to lose. Interesting stuff.

Of course he wasn't telling him to foul. He was ****** about the call on the post game.

Good. I'm glad it wasn't a mental error. It just looked like he was trying to foul as much hands as he was using. It's an automatic call guys, nothing to complain about. Sure, Michigan St. got away with a lot of "automatic" calls with hands on the ball handler, but Gesell's was so obvious many of us, including JD, were left wondering if we were trying to foul.

It had a 'look' of intentionally trying to foul...hopefully not...just a horrible spot to be overzealous, though.

Why would Fram tell him to foul in that situation? If he did then he is clueless. The foul gave them the ball and the shot clock was reset. That makes zero sense.

Thought he was trying to get the 5 second call. I seriously thought he had it when the whistle blew. That was a very very slight foul. Stunned that light contact was called in that situation.

NEVER woulda been called against msu in east lansing. EVER.

Sigh...................................

This is why basketball is turning into a lousy sport. That was a no call - had zero effect on the dribbler.

Latest posts