Gesell Possibly Committing today per TOS

I don't think this was based on any solid information, but we'll see. I could used some good news this Monday morning as I watch the stock market plunge.

haven't checked out any other sites today, have been in meetings...but I got a message yesterday from someone I know that has ties to a school Mike had been considering...he had been telling me Stanford was gonna be big competition for Iowa...and while they had just returned from a visit there and liked it, he was starting to think Iowa may be in the lead due to proximity to home. Stanford is a long way away.

What I'm hearing is that Gessell is ready to commit - Stanford is too far away and Nebraska just added another PG. He wants Abrahamson and Woodbury to secure the deal.

Sounds more and more likely to happen. We need a break and having top talent would be one hell of a start.

Yes we certainly have...

Will believe it when he states it. We've been down road before.

would be good for the worm to turn for Iowa basketball. Putting undue pressure on the likes of Gessell, Woodbury and Abarhamson would be unwise, but getting Gessell and Woodbury you could start to see light at the end of the tunnel. Woodbury is a commodity we need, a legitimate 7-footer with skills. Doesn't mean he'll be dominant in college, but he has a shot to be. Gessell appears to have the requisite skills/size combination to be a 4-year contributor, and good upside if he adapts to the college game.
Abrahamson has an interesting skill set as well. You can't teach height, and if he's a legitimate 6-6, 6-7 and can shoot/move, he can contribute.