George Fant to decide Monday?

Kids these days can reach lots of people with social media and they find out quickly that the most outrageous things get the biggest response. We created the technology, it is as much our fault as theirs. Do you realize that less than 30% of parents set limits on their kids us of digital technology?

Having said that... if I was 17 and picking a college... I would walk into the room, say "I choose INSERT COLLEGE NAME" grab a horse on a stick and start screaming "Ride the pony... ride the pony" as I gallop away.

This sounds like speculation based on the fact that WKU is an in-state school. But I will be disappointed if we lose out to a mid-major.

Typically, I would be disappointed too if we lose a recruit to a mid-major but if he chooses WKU it will to be closer to home. It's not like we would lose him to UNI or Drake or another mid-major where he would be a similar distance away.

That article makes me hope we have a Jared Uthoff situation where the local media expects the kid to stay near home and then he goes elsewhere.

If we lose him to a mid-major that is just another day for Iowa basketball...really that is just how pathetic the program has gotten.

I know you're a Clown, but for God's sake please use your brain before you speak. Fant has offers from: Alabama, Georgia, Iowa, Penn State, Western Kentucky, Akron, Arkansas, Boston College, Cleveland State, Colorado State, Murray State, Ohio, Seton Hall and UTEP. Has drawn interest from: Cincinnati, Purdue, South Carolina and USC.

Thanks for the mature post. I thought it was down to Iowa and WKU and maybe one or 2 others. My apologies. I don't scour your prospects' offer lists and was basing my info on this thread. And skimming at that.

Typically, I would be disappointed too if we lose a recruit to a mid-major but if he chooses WKU it will to be closer to home. It's not like we would lose him to UNI or Drake or another mid-major where he would be a similar distance away.

I understand what you're saying, but I would still be disappointed. If the fact that Fant could play in the Big Ten isn't enough to get a commitment, he either really likes WKU, or we are just in that horrible of shape. Maybe it's a little of both. Guess we'll see what the decision is.. Maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised.

This sounds like speculation based on the fact that WKU is an in-state school. But I will be disappointed if we lose out to a mid-major.
Why?

Iowa was really late on Fant, and WKU has been recruiting him for just under a half of a decade. I can see why he'd choose WKU.

Fant will announce at 1 PM today.

Kravish's commit to CAL will help Iowa's case.
However, don't count out Penn State or W Kentucky. The Hilltoppers would allow him to stay closer to home.

I would be surprised if it's Iowa, but you never know.
PC moved to 3 PM EST... 1 hr later now.

Latest posts