Geno Stone Tells HN Why He Chose Hawkeyes

Direct quote from one of your earlier posts:
One last thought. Take out the legacy recruits in this class and how are we doing? Honestly. If it weren't for those recruits this would be one of the most disappointing classes coming off of this amazing 20-7 run.
I will ask again, show me where I ask to exclude them from our rankings? I simply posed the question that if they were not in this class, how would the class look? It's pretty simple really but you can't answer that.

I will ask again, show me where I ask to exclude them from our rankings? I simply posed the question that if they were not in this class, how would the class look? It's pretty simple really but you can't answer that.
So you are asking us to rate the class without them in it? Maybe we could compare it to classes from other schools and put them in some sort of order...

Last edited:
Or are you asking for a physical description?

Or do you want a picture? Because I am not good at Photoshop.

And you are right, I can't answer that. Why, because we don't know what kind of a butterfly effect not having them in the class would have. I mean, the coaches would recruit other players as I doubt they would leave open scholarships. We have no way of knowing who those would go to, or how the list of current recruits might be affected had the legacies not verballed.

This is another great pick up. The coaching staff is doing a good job with this recruiting class. I really like the newcomers in the secondary.

You guys are either just incurably stupid, or simply don't follow recruiting. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you don't follow recruiting.

Iowa has won 20 games over the last 2 seasons with classes ranked mid to upper 50's over the '13, '14 and '15 classes. The '16 class was #47, some 10 spots better than the previous 3 years and Iowa's current class is #37 on 247 composite rankings, which is a 20 some spot jump over '13-15 classes.

You say you want improved recruiting, and when the staff does that, you bitch moan and complain about it being a crappy class. Maybe I'm wrong, it seems you guys are just incurably stupid.

Come on, man. Stop with the straightforward, logical approach to analysis of Iowa's recruiting class and the reactions from some of our very favorite posters. he he he...

Maybe you don't get it man but if you aren't wearing the gold glasses your opinions are cast aside here.

Going 20-7 over the past two seasons is fine and dandy but let's not pretend it's something more tha it is. We had one of the easiest power 5 schedules in the country two seasons ago and we won games we should have won. We also lost the only two games of consequence that season and got thoroughly embarrassed on national television in a game that was over after one quarter. The same folks were also upset that the media wasn't treating Iowa fairly until we got our tails kicked in Pasadena. They also conveniently forget to include a home loss to an FCS school (which should never happen at Iowa, period) and another embarrassing bowl performance to go on top of another very mediocre schedule.

Let's not sit around and pretend that 20-7 came in the SEC or even the ACC for that matter. I love Iowa as much as anyone on here and I'm extra critical--sometimes obnoxious. I'm trying very hard to reel it in here but I get sick and tired of the KF mouthpieces on this site acting like those who have a dissenting opinion are, as Rob Howe said, 'dicks' for stating their opinions.

One last thought. Take out the legacy recruits in this class and how are we doing? Honestly. If it weren't for those recruits this would be one of the most disappointing classes coming off of this amazing 20-7 run.

Here is an idea for you. Save this post. Then, every week, post it again. It will save you a lot of time and effort, since you just seem to repeat the same negative mantra anyway.

If we didn't have AJ? Yeah maybe, but if my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle. Just because AJ was an easy get for us doesn't mean he wasn't a big one.

Calling them "KF mouthpieces" is the same as being one. The biggest problem on this website is there is absolutely no middle ground. The "apologists" and the "haters" all act on an "you're either with us or against us attitude". They either spin every single piece of news as either great or terrible, never in between. It is possible to defend things about KF without being a supporter of him, and it's possible to criticize him without wanting him fired this second.

Did you just say AJ was an easy get???

No way I agree with that. (smh)

Did you just say AJ was an easy get???

No way I agree with that. (smh)
Well, considering he was a legacy, who committed to Iowa pretty early on and never wavered in the slightest, yeah, I'd say that was pretty easy, especially for a recruit of his caliber.

I'm pretty sure our schedule was considered easy because we won all of our games. That means we were better than all 12 teams. It's like saying Alabama's schedule is easy every year because they are better than every team they play.

So basically, you have to be good to have an easy schedule, but if you're good and make your schedule look easy, you don't deserve credit. Our 2012 team wouldn't have made a bowl with last year's easy schedule.

Maybe you don't get it man but if you aren't wearing the gold glasses your opinions are cast aside here.

Going 20-7 over the past two seasons is fine and dandy but let's not pretend it's something more tha it is. We had one of the easiest power 5 schedules in the country two seasons ago and we won games we should have won. We also lost the only two games of consequence that season and got thoroughly embarrassed on national television in a game that was over after one quarter. The same folks were also upset that the media wasn't treating Iowa fairly until we got our tails kicked in Pasadena. They also conveniently forget to include a home loss to an FCS school (which should never happen at Iowa, period) and another embarrassing bowl performance to go on top of another very mediocre schedule.

Let's not sit around and pretend that 20-7 came in the SEC or even the ACC for that matter. I love Iowa as much as anyone on here and I'm extra critical--sometimes obnoxious. I'm trying very hard to reel it in here but I get sick and tired of the KF mouthpieces on this site acting like those who have a dissenting opinion are, as Rob Howe said, 'dicks' for stating their opinions.

<<Take the legacy recruits out of this class...>>

Dumbest. Statement. Ever.

I am all for being critical of the coaches when deserved, but many on this board have passed critical thought and have gone straight to blind rage.
One of my favorites is that 12-0 wasn't that great because of the schedule but it should be good enough to bring in a top 15 class. Which is it?

Good point. If guys like Haymaker, Chumley, et. al. are brilliant enough to point out how "easy" the schedule was in 2015, Lord knows the dumbest of dumb recruits would also have figured it out.

<<Which is it?>>

I can't wait for the responses!

Show me where I said to not include the legacies in the rankings. I simply asked the question, barring the legacy recruits, how good is Iowas recruiting class? And all you can do is attack and call names...says much more about you than me.

What you're doing is called, "Walking it back".

FYI, you're not good at it.

What you're doing is called, "Walking it back".

FYI, you're not good at it.
What you're doing is called "trying to be relevant" but nobody cares what you post and you aren't very good at posting.

Funny how you comment like 5 months after the fact by the way. Pretty lame Bobby!

What you're doing is called "trying to be relevant" but nobody cares what you post and you aren't very good at posting.

Funny how you comment like 5 months after the fact by the way. Pretty lame Bobby!

For rent: Space Between OkstHawks's ears. Pretty sparsely populated, very cheap. Inquire within.

Latest posts