Geno Stone Tells HN Why He Chose Hawkeyes

You guys are either just incurably stupid, or simply don't follow recruiting. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you don't follow recruiting.

Iowa has won 20 games over the last 2 seasons with classes ranked mid to upper 50's over the '13, '14 and '15 classes. The '16 class was #47, some 10 spots better than the previous 3 years and Iowa's current class is #37 on 247 composite rankings, which is a 20 some spot jump over '13-15 classes.

You say you want improved recruiting, and when the staff does that, you bitch moan and complain about it being a crappy class. Maybe I'm wrong, it seems you guys are just incurably stupid.
Some people will complain it's too humid in Hawaii.

Spin it how you want. Anyone that doesn't drink the Kool-Aid can see this staff is in panic mode trying to fill the class. It is MAC poaching, and you use Creamer as an example. WOW he chose us over mighty Rutgers and Minnesota. What has our staff of recruiting giants done to fill our biggest position of need? You know wr? We're hoping to land a fall back. Way more failures that are MAC recruits, or had very few Power 5 offers, than there are success stories. The results on the field will show when these guys are supposed to be contributing. I hope they work out, but we're never going to compete with talented teams with the classes we are settling for. Sure we'll beat the likes of Purdue, Illinois, etc., but when we see PSU, tOSU, etc. forget it.
Maybe you don't get it man but if you aren't wearing the gold glasses your opinions are cast aside here.

Going 20-7 over the past two seasons is fine and dandy but let's not pretend it's something more tha it is. We had one of the easiest power 5 schedules in the country two seasons ago and we won games we should have won. We also lost the only two games of consequence that season and got thoroughly embarrassed on national television in a game that was over after one quarter. The same folks were also upset that the media wasn't treating Iowa fairly until we got our tails kicked in Pasadena. They also conveniently forget to include a home loss to an FCS school (which should never happen at Iowa, period) and another embarrassing bowl performance to go on top of another very mediocre schedule.

Let's not sit around and pretend that 20-7 came in the SEC or even the ACC for that matter. I love Iowa as much as anyone on here and I'm extra critical--sometimes obnoxious. I'm trying very hard to reel it in here but I get sick and tired of the KF mouthpieces on this site acting like those who have a dissenting opinion are, as Rob Howe said, 'dicks' for stating their opinions.

One last thought. Take out the legacy recruits in this class and how are we doing? Honestly. If it weren't for those recruits this would be one of the most disappointing classes coming off of this amazing 20-7 run.

Let's not sit around and pretend that 20-7 came in the SEC or even the ACC for that matter. I love Iowa as much as anyone on here and I'm extra critical--sometimes obnoxious. I'm trying very hard to reel it in here but I get sick and tired of the KF mouthpieces on this site acting like those who have a dissenting opinion are, as Rob Howe said, 'dicks' for stating their opinions.

One last thought. Take out the legacy recruits in this class and how are we doing? Honestly. If it weren't for those recruits this would be one of the most disappointing classes coming off of this amazing 20-7 run.
If we didn't have AJ? Yeah maybe, but if my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle. Just because AJ was an easy get for us doesn't mean he wasn't a big one.

Calling them "KF mouthpieces" is the same as being one. The biggest problem on this website is there is absolutely no middle ground. The "apologists" and the "haters" all act on an "you're either with us or against us attitude". They either spin every single piece of news as either great or terrible, never in between. It is possible to defend things about KF without being a supporter of him, and it's possible to criticize him without wanting him fired this second.

If we didn't have AJ? Yeah maybe, but if my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle. Just because AJ was an easy get for us doesn't mean he wasn't a big one.

Calling them "KF mouthpieces" is the same as being one. The biggest problem on this website is there is absolutely no middle ground. The "apologists" and the "haters" all act on an "you're either with us or against us attitude". They either spin every single piece of news as either great or terrible, never in between. It is possible to defend things about KF without being a supporter of him, and it's possible to criticize him without wanting him fired this second.
Agreed on all counts but my question still stands

Maybe you don't get it man but if you aren't wearing the gold glasses your opinions are cast aside here.

Going 20-7 over the past two seasons is fine and dandy but let's not pretend it's something more tha it is. We had one of the easiest power 5 schedules in the country two seasons ago and we won games we should have won. We also lost the only two games of consequence that season and got thoroughly embarrassed on national television in a game that was over after one quarter. The same folks were also upset that the media wasn't treating Iowa fairly until we got our tails kicked in Pasadena. They also conveniently forget to include a home loss to an FCS school (which should never happen at Iowa, period) and another embarrassing bowl performance to go on top of another very mediocre schedule.

That's a clown post!

well said

Do the schools ranked above us for recruiting have to not include their legacy recruits in their rankings or is that just a stipulation for Iowa? Or is it just a straw man argument made to take a shot at the coaches?

Do the schools ranked above us for recruiting have to not include their legacy recruits in their rankings or is that just a stipulation for Iowa? Or is it just a straw man argument made to take a shot at the coaches?

It's a stupid argument for sure. AJ is a part of the class and doing a hypothetical about "what if he wasn't" to try and justify an irrational hatred for KF is just pointless.

I've been very frustrated with some of the coaching and personnel decision that KF has made, but it doesn't make me a KF mouthpiece just because I don't incessantly post negative comments about Ferentz and family.

It's a stupid argument for sure. AJ is a part of the class and doing a hypothetical about "what if he wasn't" to try and justify an irrational hatred for KF is just pointless.

I've been very frustrated with some of the coaching and personnel decision that KF has made, but it doesn't make me a KF mouthpiece just because I don't incessantly post negative comments about Ferentz and family.

This is the thing that bugs me. I have said tons of crap about the coaching staff and KF. I was calling for him to be fired. I have been calling out Greg Davis and saying he should be fired for 4 years. I get so pissed on when we lose, I can't even come here and post because all I would do is trash the players and coaches.........

BUTTTTTT, if that isn't my attitude at all times, not matter what is happening, I'm an apologist that likes mediocrity. It is beyond stupid really, but is par for the course for some on here.

This is the thing that bugs me. I have said tons of crap about the coaching staff and KF. I was calling for him to be fired. I have been calling out Greg Davis and saying he should be fired for 4 years. I get so pissed on when we lose, I can't even come here and post because all I would do is trash the players and coaches.........

BUTTTTTT, if that isn't my attitude at all times, not matter what is happening, I'm an apologist that likes mediocrity. It is beyond stupid really, but is par for the course for some on here.
I am all for being critical of the coaches when deserved, but many on this board have passed critical thought and have gone straight to blind rage.
One of my favorites is that 12-0 wasn't that great because of the schedule but it should be good enough to bring in a top 15 class. Which is it?

It's because you are a "dick". Iowa, the team you so called love, was 1 drive away from playing in the playoffs just last year. If your straw man argument about how weak their schedule was is true then it will be the same year in and year out for any team sans Alabama. When you beat the likes of Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan or whoever is on your schedule, well then ya, they drop in rankings and aren't as good.

It's just bullshit you ppl don't want to give credit to Iowa for that. Look, we start behind the 8 ball no matter. Teams like Texas, Notre dame will be ranked pre season regardless amongst the other blue bloods. Same goes for recruiting. If you want to bitch about underperforming well there you go. Michigan st should never have not made a bowl game this year.

The rose bowl doesn't mean anything close to what you think it does anymore. Our guys knew how close they were to playing for what matters and that's a title. I don't blame them for not showing up for a consolation prize, but for you non competitive grass is greener crowd I feel sorry that you can't take appreciation for something most won't ever see again in their lives. A perfect season by Iowa. Say it again, Iowa. The same place these 4/5 star recruits you think should have coming here don't even know where it is. Many of whom leave in awe with our success, facilities and alumni.

Yeah, Kirk sucks....

Show me where I said to not include the legacies in the rankings. I simply asked the question, barring the legacy recruits, how good is Iowas recruiting class? And all you can do is attack and call names...says much more about you than me.

I am all for being critical of the coaches when deserved, but many on this board have passed critical thought and have gone straight to blind rage.
One of my favorites is that 12-0 wasn't that great because of the schedule but it should be good enough to bring in a top 15 class. Which is it?
This response makes no sense. A weak schedule and a top 15 class have nothing to do with one another. If the 12-0 record was as good as you think, why hasn't it translated into a top 25 recruiting class? My view was it wasn't nearly as great as most think and that getting thrashed in the bowl game showed Iowa was not an elite team that year and hence it shows in the recruits we have committed. The way you stated your claim however does not follow logic.

I think we have a nice group of young men coming in and I look forward to their development over the coming years.

I think we have a nice group of young men coming in and I look forward to their development over the coming years.

This we can agree on. If KF can take kids from upper 50's ranked recruiting classes and turn that into a 12-2 Rose Bowl year and 20 wins over 2 years, just think what he could do with classes ranked in the 30's consistently??

This we can agree on. If KF can take kids from upper 50's ranked recruiting classes and turn that into a 12-2 Rose Bowl year and 20 wins over 2 years, just think what he could do with classes ranked in the 30's consistently??
I guess we will see what he can do with this class. I'd like to see him follow this up with another similarly ranked class.

I guess we will see what he can do with this class. I'd like to see him follow this up with another similarly ranked class.

I would to....but don't sleep on last years class either. Sure it didn't rank that high, but like with most of Iowa's good classes, I think the services missed on a few guys. Amani Jones, Hockenson, and Wade are gonna be good, all should be higher than 5.5 kids. Lattimore, Stanley, Fant, Rugamba, and Jackson all should have been 4*

The thing I really like about last year class, was the only down to the wire guys were Jackson and Fant. The rest were all guys that were pretty much locked up in the summer, so they were all top choices, that bodes well.

Recruiting can be a crap shoot though, maybe none of these kids pans out, who knows......

If BC didn't get Marty Ice we'd have a starting Super Bowl QB as well

Show me where I said to not include the legacies in the rankings. I simply asked the question, barring the legacy recruits, how good is Iowas recruiting class? And all you can do is attack and call names...says much more about you than me.
You do realize that by saying barring them, you are asking us to not include them and rank the rest of the class?

From Dictionary.com:
Bar - verb
to exclude or except:
He was barred from membership because of his reputation

Direct quote from one of your earlier posts: