Gazette article

speaks volumes!

Mike Hlas - Iowa: 9 losses as double-digit favorite since ’06

From 1999 to 2005, Ferentz’s first seven seasons as Iowa’s coach, the Hawkeyes were 18-0 straight-up when they were favored by 10 or more points. Since 2006, they are 19-9. That isn’t especially good. It looks even worse when you compare it to the same records of the other Big Ten programs as double-digit favorites since 2006

what was different prior to '06?

That is eye opening. What a sham. Hey Kirk, this is exactly what happens when you play to the skill level of your opponent.

That is eye opening. What a sham. Hey Kirk, this is exactly what happens when you play to the skill level of your opponent.

but what has changed since before '06 when Iowa was 18-0 against double digit dogs? that's what i think is the craziest part is that all of a sudden there was a huge change.

vigorousKilt is having fun!

I'm really not trying to pile on. i just found the article interesting.

if I was trying to "have fun" and troll you guys I'd think I could do a little better than this.

is it a coincidence that steve alford was let go after '06? I think he's haunting more than just carver!

I'm really not trying to pile on. i just found the article interesting.

if I was trying to "have fun" and troll you guys I'd think I could do a little better than this.

is it a coincidence that steve alford was let go after '06? I think he's haunting more than just carver!

vigorousWeave is a clown and a dork, but sort of likable anyway

In that same stretch, Iowa has been a double-digit underdog just once (on the road vs. a Michigan team that finished 11-2) in 2006.

He got infected with Licklighter's ineptitude. Like AIDS, there is no cure.

mk875w.jpg

There you go. Just compared to the rest of the Big Ten, only Minnesota is worse than we are in winning games that we are favored to win comfortably. I would also point out that Minnesota's stat is just a very small sample - just 4 games compared to our 28.

I would also wonder how many of those 19 wins since 2006 are against teams like Montana, Tennessee Tech, etc. etc. as opposed to wins over Big Ten opponents? Games that we should really win by more like 30+ points anyway.

FACT - we are not getting it done against the teams that we should beat. Too many bad losses to bad teams the past half-dozen years.

Latest posts