Gary Dolphin Will Be Back

So, this reinstatement means what? That it's not business, it's personal?

I bet they were tied up in knots. I bet that Kirk had something to say about this, it's clear he likes and supports Dolphin. But what are they do, this mess they had wrought? They just effectively fired Dolphin from the basketball play by play job on a trumped up charge. They have Kirk weighing in (geez, they never thought that maybe Kirk might not like what just happened to his friend before they did what they did?). Now they've satisfied one faction but in the process pissed off another, quite influential person who has a demonstrated history of standing up for his friends, and who would clearly want Dolphin behind the mike for the football season. However, if he returns for football, then what did they just do to Dolphin by labeling him a racist, an unconscious one at that? How can they square that circle? How can they bring him back for football if he's a racist? They can't. But, how do they keep their football coach happy since they just effectively ended his friend's career? What to do?

What's their thought process now? Right after the basketball season is over, we'll announce that he's re-instated, way ahead of the football season. We'll get him to issue the same mea culpa he did before, but this time in some public repentant display. We'll look magnanimous and benevolent. And we'll keep our football coach happy - since he's really the straw that stirs the drink. And by the fall, everyone will have forgotten about this (and "maybe" by next basketball season, Gary will decide it's time to "retire"). Problem solved. Next.

And if I'm wrong, it's just a hypothetical.

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-27_11-40-46.jpeg
    upload_2019-2-27_11-40-46.jpeg
    6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Haha yup. If you can throw a pitch the batter physically can't even reach and it get called a strike then more power to ya. It makes me curious to know what the next pitch was. I thought only Gregg Maddux got those calls
It actually crossed the plate. The outfield camera is at an angle that makes it look outside, and it was tailing so when the catcher caught it his mitt was way outside. But that was a legitimate strike.

Feel bad for Dolph, he has t

Yup, they've had a week to prepare all the answers to all the questions that have been posed. Expect well prepared statements that really do nothing to actually answer the questions. I personally hope the media drills Barta on Fran's actions and how they aren't offensive and troubling to many.
They should ask Dolph what he thinks about Fran MF Cheater bombing an official after the game.

What are they going to do? Suspend him?

They should ask Dolph what he thinks about Fran MF Cheater bombing an official after the game.

What are they going to do? Suspend him?

If they asked him that, Dolph would take the high road. Unlike MFFM, he has class, dignity, and self-respect.

That was a strike. And a great pitch.

How about this one? :)

angel-hernandez.gif

All this talk at the news conference about the unconscious bias. Looks up the definition of bias:

bi·as
Dictionary result for bias
/ˈbīəs/
noun
  1. 1.
    prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

All this talk at the news conference about the unconscious bias. Looks up the definition of bias:

bi·as
Dictionary result for bias
/ˈbīəs/
noun
  1. 1.
    prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.
That's the thing. Everyone inherently has bias. It's good we talk and recognize it.

So I was very sure that Dolph would continue with Football, but I'm just dumbfounded that they are letting him do basketball again. Literally none of this makes complete sense. It's to cluster f**ked to even make sense of.

So I was very sure that Dolph would continue with Football, but I'm just dumbfounded that they are letting him do basketball again. Literally none of this makes complete sense. It's to cluster f**ked to even make sense of.

It makes sense to me. Everyone is afraid of repercussions of what will happen if they dont hammer down on someone who "wrongs" somebody. Look at Hollywood . When something comes out on someone, you damn well better shun them. Because if you don't, you're gunna get shunned. I think Barta saw the email and panicked thinking a shit storm was coming. It never came. It never was coming. That's because it's just too damn hard to connect the dots of King Kong being racist. Whoever wrote that email is the first person to connect them in all the years of that comparison being made. One person single handedly added a name to the "insensitive" list.

What do we know? Dolph said what he said. Learfield, his employer, suspended him for the rest of the season. Learfield and Barta had a discussion, the result of which was the announcement that Dolph would announce football and basketball in 2019-2020. Barta made no comments, wisely, until he and Learfield discussed the matter. It’s called a cooling off period. Dolph was very professional throughout. He apologized and clearly explained his statement’s intent, but made no excuses.

The biggest drama around the whole event was the Hawkeye Nation message board, which exploded into a hatefest for Barta, Learfield, Herrald; also implicated as participants were Fran, his wife, basketball tickets, Capt. Kirk, pretty much all of which was absent confirmed facts. Enough already.

What do we know? Dolph said what he said. Learfield, his employer, suspended him for the rest of the season. Learfield and Barta had a discussion, the result of which was the announcement that Dolph would announce football and basketball in 2019-2020. Barta made no comments, wisely, until he and Learfield discussed the matter. It’s called a cooling off period. Dolph was very professional throughout. He apologized and clearly explained his statement’s intent, but made no excuses.

The biggest drama around the whole event was the Hawkeye Nation message board, which exploded into a hatefest for Barta, Learfield, Herrald; also implicated as participants were Fran, his wife, basketball tickets, Capt. Kirk, pretty much all of which was absent confirmed facts. Enough already.
Is there a way for me to like a post twice?

Well I am quite relieved that Dolph is back as that was my main concern. That voice is Hawkeye radio to me, along with his sidekicks.

I wonder if all the heat coming from alot of places helped steer this one back on track.

Great news

Nope, only White people are biased.

So my girls are watching the "voice" on TV the other night. There is a girl singer who starts rapping, John Legend turns around and sees her and first words out of his mouth are "shes white!" . Unconscious bias from John? Should we all be offended he was assuming she couldn't be white and rapping? I don't see outrcry over it. I personally laughed when he said it, but just seems weird the few people trying to overthink what Dolph said.

Haha yup. If you can throw a pitch the batter physically can't even reach and it get called a strike then more power to ya. It makes me curious to know what the next pitch was. I thought only Gregg Maddux got those calls
It's possible for a pitch to be a strike and the batter not be able to reach it. It depends on what side of the plate he's trying to cover. If the batter is looking outside, he can reach that pitch easily. If he's looking middle in, no chance.

Of course the pitcher, if he thinks the batter is looking outside, can bust him inside. Or come up and in. It's a fascinating chess game at 95 mph.

So my girls are watching the "voice" on TV the other night. There is a girl singer who starts rapping, John Legend turns around and sees her and first words out of his mouth are "shes white!" . Unconscious bias from John? Should we all be offended he was assuming she couldn't be white and rapping? I don't see outrcry over it. I personally laughed when he said it, but just seems weird the few people trying to overthink what Dolph said.

Any race is allowed to take any shot that they want at white people. We are expected to just deal with it because some white people's ancestors were bad. Of course my family of Swedish immigrants came to America in 1922. I suppose it isn't racist or biased to also lump all white people together and call us the devil.

Latest posts