Gary Dolphin Will Be Back

I hope Dolph treats Barta like King Kong treated those bi-planes.

Im sorry was that insensitive using the term bi-plane. I no way meant to offend anyones sexual preference or any planes.

Please don't use the word treat...I'm diabetic and not allowed to have sugary things.

EDIT: technically, I'm not diabetic. But for this post I identify as it.

Last edited:
No it won't. Dolph will come out and apologize for making a (supposedly) insensitive reference, and Barta will say something to the effect of having to do what was done in light of the current sensitivity of the (supposedly) offended masses.

Any question regarding Fran's involvement or issues with Dolph will be brushed aside.
Could be. I’ll wait until the actual press conference happens to see.

I hope Dolph treats Barta like King Kong treated those bi-planes.

Im sorry was that insensitive using the term bi-plane. I no way meant to offend anyones sexual preference or any planes.
Unfortunately what's going to happen is Barta will parade Dolph out in front of the cameras like a bad puppy and make him grovel to the whole state of Iowa for forgiveness.

Barta will make himself look like a merciful, benevolent leader giving Dolph another chance but not without publicly flogging him.

Nope. Posted as soon as I received the email.
Will anyone try to slip some Fran blow up questions in during the presser?

I got ten bucks to the Children's Hospital if you ask Barta how long Fran's suspension will be. Not if he's getting suspended, just how long it's going to be :)

I got ten bucks to the Children's Hospital if you ask Barta how long Fran's suspension will be. Not if he's getting suspended, just how long it's going to be :)

I'll match that

Exactly. Don't applaud them for "fixing" a situation they started to begin with.

i think the announcement timing is interesting. but my understanding was that dolph would have been reinstated for 2019 anyway. i think he should be reinstated now, not after the hoops season ends. this announcement seems like an "oh sh*t, we screwed up and need to stop the mob carrying torches against us by making it sound like dolph is no longer in trouble." but, the punishment still stands.

If Iowa is smart, it will address the Fran situation before the press conference.

If not, it will be asked.

Sounds like a guy who got another strike so got a bigger penalty than the last strike. I disagree on whether the strike should have been a strike, but whatever.

That last strike was a foot off the outside corner. Should be a 1-1 count, not 0-2.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15657-1363320404-3.gif

That last strike was a foot off the outside corner. Should be a 1-1 count, not 0-2.

I know it's not the point of your post but that caught the front corner by a mile. Camera perspective is way off and the catcher's mitt is not the strike zone. Just sayin'. :cool:

And that's in today's PC climate. If you want to see what his last strike would have looked like 10 years ago, Google "worst baseball pitch of all time".

This would have been way more funny if I knew how to post a video. That pitch has me in tears. Can someone please post it?

BTW, I sent a message to Iowa Sports Info at around nine this morning asking if there would be a comment on Fran today. I have not heard back yet.

That was a strike. And a great pitch.
Haha yup. If you can throw a pitch the batter physically can't even reach and it get called a strike then more power to ya. It makes me curious to know what the next pitch was. I thought only Gregg Maddux got those calls

Latest posts