FYI CJ Beathard again shows he is ready

uihawk82

No warmup after elbow injury to Mullens, CJ goes out and completes passes without batting an eye lid, reads a quick blitz right in his face and delivers a great completion and YAC for 21 yards. Niners opt to take the FG down 10. Onside kickoff by niners run in for a Dallas TD. Beathard gets the ball back and throws a laser into tight coverage for a 20+ yard gain then on last play of the game winds up and throws a pass 65 yards in the air that is high pointed by his guy for a TD.

CJ just has moxie and that something about him. If mullen is out CJ should get more starts. Good for him

I dont know if he can do it well start to finish but he's played well in mop up duty this year. Last opportunity as a starter was 2 years ago. They should give him the last 2 games out of the playoff picture and enough looks at Mullens. Unless they just want to tear the QB room down and start over....scared a couple good weeks by CJB could make them hold into him longer and he actually sucks. Not my opinion. They've made Mullens the Golden Child the past season and a half with only a couple of decent games to show for it. CJB deserves the last 2 games to audition for an NFL job heading into FA.

Jimmy G, Kirk Cousins or someone like Sam Darnold. One of those 3 will likely be the starter next season. CJB is auditioning for a backup gig somewhere else. As a Steeler fan come back up Big Ben for 2 years with the chance of being a starter in 3.

CJB is like the ugly fat kid at the high school dance. But when he gets his opportunities it's like he's a finalist on Dancing with the Stars. For some reason it seems he's destined to be a career backup.

Ridiculous that Mullens has been starting for this long anyway.
honestly i think its (hoping I'm reading the tealeaves right) because cj is Shanahans guy as the backup, and he's been pumping Mullen's hoping he would play well enough to earn us a draft pick honestly. Also has bad as the right side of our oline has been Mullens had a better shot of surviving the year.

It sucks he hasn't gotten a fair shake. Everytime he's been in it's been in situations like that. He's never gotten an extended chance with the healthy 1st team. Let me see what he coulda done back when Kittle was healthy and Deebo and that Brandon Aiyuk kid. CJ is great at running PA rollouts which Shanahan likes to do a lot of. My only guess is with how the yr went downhill fast they wanted to lose and get a higher pick. I don't care if CJ is the #1 starter but he's better then Mullens for Fs sake. He couldn't be worse and if he is he shouldn't be in the league frankly.

I really think CJ will get his shot eventually. The 49ers can't hang onto three guys...and both Mullens and CJ have shown they can play. I think CJ has the greater upside, but I'm biased.

Watching some of the QB play around the league...there are several that could use an upgrade at the back up QB spot. If you put CJ in Denver for example...he'd be a huge upgrade to Lock. I can see CJ getting traded to a team that drafts a QB this year...he would be slated to take the job in a year...CJ would supposedly keep it warm for him...that may be his opportunity to solidify himself as a starter.

I really think CJ will get his shot eventually. The 49ers can't hang onto three guys...and both Mullens and CJ have shown they can play. I think CJ has the greater upside, but I'm biased.

Watching some of the QB play around the league...there are several that could use an upgrade at the back up QB spot. If you put CJ in Denver for example...he'd be a huge upgrade to Lock. I can see CJ getting traded to a team that drafts a QB this year...he would be slated to take the job in a year...CJ would supposedly keep it warm for him...that may be his opportunity to solidify himself as a starter.
CJ may get to stay because he'll be cheap for a vet. Whatever his 2nd contract would be isn't gonna be crazy high. Mullens has played himself out of a job I think. Too many turnovers and can't win games even against bad teams. Rumors are they may make a move to replace Jimmy G because his contract makes that advantageous to do and he's up and down and can't stay healthy. They are at a cross roads that's for sure.

I'm damn well sure people were ringing the 49ers wanting either Mullins or Beathard. That they kept them both is interesting. Must not have gotten the offer they wanted.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I think they really like CJ in San Fran.

I am not disagreeing with anything in this thread. I love our CJ. How many of us retired public school educators can even dream about how much $$ he will likely have within the next, say, five years? How about the rest of the folks on HN? No. I am not jealous or bitter. I hope he makes millions. Just a perspective.

Whulp Mullens hurt his elbow and is done for the year So CJ is starting this week and till whenever Garoppolo is back. Just wish Kittle was back too no word on him yet but I think he's close. Be nice if he could have him and the rest of the O to work with

Whulp Mullens hurt his elbow and is done for the year So CJ is starting this week and till whenever Garoppolo is back. Just wish Kittle was back too no word on him yet but I think he's close. Be nice if he could have him and the rest of the O to work with

They said during the game that Kittle is running, somewhat practicing, after that foot fracture. But the last thing you want to do is hurry him along. Give him one or two more weeks to work out and then if he wants to play fine but they are not going anywhere playoff wise

They said during the game that Kittle is running, somewhat practicing, after that foot fracture. But the last thing you want to do is hurry him along. Give him one or two more weeks to work out and then if he wants to play fine but they are not going anywhere playoff wise
Yeah there's a good chance they shut him down along with Jimmy G. Figure they are playing for a better draft pick anyway. Just wish CJ could have the whole O out there to play with and have it mean something. He hasn't really had a fair shot to show what he can do. 2 yrs ago the team sucked and had people out when he played. He's always put in with everyone hurt and it's desperation. Hopefully he'll do well this wk

Latest posts