Freeh Report

LOL what does this have to do with Sandusky? The kid didn't decommit because the NCAA banned him from going to OSU, he decommited because it creeped him out.

Paying players is a competitive advantage, how is having a retired assistant raping kids in the shower a competitive advantage?

There is nothing substantial at all in this post, just a lot of reaching and BS.

Take a few deep breaths, drink some water, and then come back and read Jon's post again...and your response. :mad:

Some people saying that the NCAAA has no grounds to punish PSU. I call pure BS on that.

SMU was given death penalty over paying players which was deemed as a competitive advantage.

Penn State chose to cover up and hide Sandusky's actions for more than a decade...what would be the motive in that other than not wanting damage to the football program? And by hiding that damage, the real damage that was taking place and that they basically aided and abetted for a decade, that gave PSU an advantage.

Look at it this way; Ohio State lost a four-star commit this spring due to having his pic taken with an alleged pedophile who was an OSU fan. He is now going to Notre Dame, not Ohio State. That was nowhere near the connection that Sandusky was to Penn State. The Freeh report talks about Sandusky coaching another year while suspicions were there and justifiable.

If this isn't the most obvious and heinous case of Lack of Institutional control in the history of the NCAA, you tell me what is.

I agree with you and see where your coming from, I believe there should be some sort of punishment for sure.

But what can they do? I would feel there would be injustice served if the football team was suspended from play, or even from bowl appearances. The team now, and the team then,, to our knowledge had nothing to do with these terrible circumstances swirling amongst them.

But, you could also say a team is a team, from the players to the trainers to the coaches, and if one messes up, they all suffer the wrath. I spose it would put more guilt on those who covered up, knowing their beloved, hard working team can't advance because they were cowards.

LOL what does this have to do with Sandusky? The kid didn't decommit because the NCAA banned him from going to OSU, he decommited because it creeped him out.

Paying players is a competitive advantage, how is having a retired assistant raping kids in the shower a competitive advantage?

There is nothing substantial at all in this post, just a lot of reaching and BS.

Covering it up did, pal.

images

Some people saying that the NCAAA has no grounds to punish PSU. I call pure BS on that.

SMU was given death penalty over paying players which was deemed as a competitive advantage.

Penn State chose to cover up and hide Sandusky's actions for more than a decade...what would be the motive in that other than not wanting damage to the football program? And by hiding that damage, the real damage that was taking place and that they basically aided and abetted for a decade, that gave PSU an advantage.

Look at it this way; Ohio State lost a four-star commit this spring due to having his pic taken with an alleged pedophile who was an OSU fan. He is now going to Notre Dame, not Ohio State. That was nowhere near the connection that Sandusky was to Penn State. The Freeh report talks about Sandusky coaching another year while suspicions were there and justifiable.

If this isn't the most obvious and heinous case of Lack of Institutional control in the history of the NCAA, you tell me what is.

Jon, read the specific questions submitted to Penn State by the NCAA. These are loaded, leading questions and indicate that the NCAA shares your sentiment.

NCAA: Penn State 'now needs to respond' regarding possible violations - CBSSports.com

Here is a summary of those questions from the November letter:
1. How has Penn State and/or its employees complied with the NCAA articles of the constitution that are cited in the letter?
2. How has Penn State exercised institutional control over the issues identified in and related to the (original) grand jury report?
3. Have each of the alleged persons to have been involved … behaved consistent with principles and requirements governing ethical conduct and honestly?
4. What policies and procedures does Penn State have in place to monitor, prevent and detect the issues identified in (the grand jury report).

In light of the Freeh report, these questions almost read like they are rhetorical.

And is why I am still puzzled by how well they are doing recruiting this year. As a father, there isn't a chance in hell I would let my kid go to PSU until well after all of the fallout was over and done with. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

At the very least, PSU should forfeit all football revenue for the next couple years to some type of charity for abused victims.

And is why I am still puzzled by how well they are doing recruiting this year. As a father, there isn't a chance in hell I would let my kid go to PSU until well after all of the fallout was over and done with. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Same here Hoffa, not to mention the fact they are bringing in a ton of cash via donations as well. It is just mind blowing.

I'm sure there will be some de-commits coming in the following weeks.

This will not reflect well on Joe Pa's legacy ...

Our most saddening and sobering finding is the total disregard for the safety and welfare of Sandusky's child victims by the most senior leaders at Penn State. The most powerful men at Penn State failed to take any steps for 14 years to protect the children who Sandusky victimized. Messrs. Spanier, Schultz, Paterno and Curley never demonstrated, through actions or words, any concern for the safety and well-being of Sandusky's victims until after Sandusky's arrest.

In critical written correspondence that we uncovered on March 20th of this year, we see evidence of their proposed plan of action in February 2001 that included reporting allegations about Sandusky to the authorities. After Mr. Curley consulted with Mr. Paterno, however, they changed the plan and decided not to make a report to the authorities. Their failure to protect the February 9, 2001 child victim, or make attempts to identify him, created a dangerous situation for other unknown, unsuspecting young boys who were lured to the Penn State campus and football games by Sandusky andvictimized repeatedly by him.
Oh, I think Pedo Joe's "Legacy" is set in stone now.

As an attorney wtih over a decade in practice, I'm racking my brain to try to remember an investigative report more damning that this one. I am failing at that endeavor.
Not to make light of the situation, but maybe they should put this on a plaque, and place it at the foot of Paterno's statue at the stadium. Maybe that would get through to the Pedo State fan that JoePedo was actively complicit in the coverup of child sexual abuse.

I will. :)

Paterno had many times before stepped in front of investigations regarding players and said he would handle it himself in part to help cover things up, what makes you think he wouldn't do that for a life long friend? The email that said it was going to be reported but wasn't "after talking to Joe" should tell you all you need to know. He was the Godfather, regardless of title he was running the show at PSU.

I think you are glossing over some important things. First, the first plan was to tell authorities and second mile what they had heard. The plan changed to 1) confront Sandusky and ask him about incident, if he confesses then tell him that they will assist him in informing the the foundation and authorities, if he denies they they will inform authorities and foundation themselves. The problem was that Curley and Schultz, confronted him, told the board but then never told the proper legal authorities. That doesn't sound like a cover up from Paterno, it sounds like a cover up by Curley and Schultz. The Second Mile Board was informed and determined there was nothing to the incident. The Second Mile didn't even turn it in which is almost more astounding than Penn State not reporting it since they are a children's charity.

I think that it is hard for some people to believe this find of thing could actually be happening from someone they have known for so long and I think Paterno was one of those people.

I think one of the biggest failings in all of this is McQueary. He is the one that actually witnessed the incident and if he felt something was going on he should have called the police at the least. Not called his dad and went over to Paterno's.

I posted this in a different thread, but I think it applies here as well....especially in light of Hawkfan33's ignorant post.....

Please tell me you're joking and you don't honestly believe what you just wrote!

Why do you think it was covered up in the first place? To protect the Science Department? To protect the Women's Studies Department?

It's an athletic issue because the coverup was done to protect the gravy train that is Penn State football. Period.

We are no longer talking about the act of child rape. That process has already played out in the courts and the child sodomite has already been found guilty.

Now we're talking about the coverup. About the protection of an athletic institution. About putting money, power, prestige and legacy above the wellfare of innocent, defenseless children when everyone at the top knew exactly what Sandusky was.

This now has EVERYTHING to do with athletics. It shows a culture of protection of individuals and institutions above all else, even the law. It shows a culture of shunning university policies and procedures in order to protect the gravy train that is Penn State football.

My friend, this is ENTIRELY an athletic issue. And to think otherwise just makes you look stupid.

Same here Hoffa, not to mention the fact they are bringing in a ton of cash via donations as well. It is just mind blowing.

I'm actually glad they are rolling in the donation lucre from their dumb@$$, ethically-bankrupt alumni. Those donations will go a long way in compensating the victims.

On a related note, I stopped tithing to the Catholic church when the pedophilia scandal was exposed, and I only donate to need-specific Catholic charities (like, say, food and clothing drives) which don't commingle funds with the general Diocesan and Vatican treasuries, because screw those bureaucratic criminals.

I posted this in a different thread, but I think it applies here as well....especially in light of Hawkfan33's ignorant post.....

Please tell me you're joking and you don't honestly believe what you just wrote!

Why do you think it was covered up in the first place? To protect the Science Department? To protect the Women's Studies Department?

It's an athletic issue because the coverup was done to protect the gravy train that is Penn State football. Period.

We are no longer talking about the act of child rape. That process has already played out in the courts and the child sodomite has already been found guilty.

Now we're talking about the coverup. About the protection of an athletic institution. About putting money, power, prestige and legacy above the wellfare of innocent, defenseless children when everyone at the top knew exactly what Sandusky was.

This now has EVERYTHING to do with athletics. It shows a culture of protection of individuals and institutions above all else, even the law. It shows a culture of shunning university policies and procedures in order to protect the gravy train that is Penn State football.

My friend, this is ENTIRELY an athletic issue. And to think otherwise just makes you look stupid.

This is a university issue, not an NCAA related issue. There are much more powerful governing bodies than the NCAA who can impose punishments on Penn St.

yep, that sums it up.

I think you are glossing over some important things. First, the first plan was to tell authorities and second mile what they had heard. The plan changed to 1) confront Sandusky and ask him about incident, if he confesses then tell him that they will assist him in informing the the foundation and authorities, if he denies they they will inform authorities and foundation themselves. The problem was that Curley and Schultz, confronted him, told the board but then never told the proper legal authorities. That doesn't sound like a cover up from Paterno, it sounds like a cover up by Curley and Schultz. The Second Mile Board was informed and determined there was nothing to the incident. The Second Mile didn't even turn it in which is almost more astounding than Penn State not reporting it since they are a children's charity.

I think that it is hard for some people to believe this find of thing could actually be happening from someone they have known for so long and I think Paterno was one of those people.

I think one of the biggest failings in all of this is McQueary. He is the one that actually witnessed the incident and if he felt something was going on he should have called the police at the least. Not called his dad and went over to Paterno's.

I agree with David's assessment. I am most angered by McQueary. He saw it first hand.

HE SAW IT FIRST HAND!!!

HE DID NOT HEAR RUMORS, HE DID NOT HEAR STORIES FROM RANDOM PEOPLE... NO, HE SAW IT FIRST HAND!!

HE IS THE PERSON I DETEST THE MOST FROM THIS WHOLE SITUATION. He should take the most fire.

NOT JoePA

I was up at 3 am the other morning (night...whatever you call 3 am) and ESPN was (presciently?) replaying a documentary about the players-on-payroll scandal that landed SMU the death penalty. A really detailed, in depth expose on the situation.

This PSU thing just seems way worse.

Last edited:
I agree with David's assessment. I am most angered by McQueary. He saw it first hand.

HE SAW IT FIRST HAND!!!

HE DID NOT HEAR RUMORS, HE DID NOT HEAR STORIES FROM RANDOM PEOPLE... NO, HE SAW IT FIRST HAND!!

HE IS THE PERSON I DETEST THE MOST FROM THIS WHOLE SITUATION. He should take the most fire.

NOT JoePA

McQueary reported it and was told it was going to be taken care of IIRC. I remember hating on that dude when this all came out but really the "men" above him look way worse now.

Latest posts