Freeh Report

This is the first time i have heard about the janitors witnessing Sandusky and a kid.

They were in on it too! The NCAA needs to ban all janitors from Penn St. No janitorial service for at least two years! Is there a janitor union? If so, that needs to be broken up immediately!

I agree with David's assessment. I am most angered by McQueary. He saw it first hand.

HE SAW IT FIRST HAND!!!

HE DID NOT HEAR RUMORS, HE DID NOT HEAR STORIES FROM RANDOM PEOPLE... NO, HE SAW IT FIRST HAND!!

HE IS THE PERSON I DETEST THE MOST FROM THIS WHOLE SITUATION. He should take the most fire.

NOT JoePA

You should probably detest the guy raping the little kids the most.

I think you are glossing over some important things. First, the first plan was to tell authorities and second mile what they had heard. The plan changed to 1) confront Sandusky and ask him about incident, if he confesses then tell him that they will assist him in informing the the foundation and authorities, if he denies they they will inform authorities and foundation themselves. The problem was that Curley and Schultz, confronted him, told the board but then never told the proper legal authorities. That doesn't sound like a cover up from Paterno, it sounds like a cover up by Curley and Schultz. The Second Mile Board was informed and determined there was nothing to the incident. The Second Mile didn't even turn it in which is almost more astounding than Penn State not reporting it since they are a children's charity.

I think that it is hard for some people to believe this find of thing could actually be happening from someone they have known for so long and I think Paterno was one of those people.

I think one of the biggest failings in all of this is McQueary. He is the one that actually witnessed the incident and if he felt something was going on he should have called the police at the least. Not called his dad and went over to Paterno's.

While I do not--at all--laud Paterno's behavior in any of this, your point on McQueary is the one that keeps popping up in my mind. McQueary is the one who witnessed that particular incident. JoePa and the whole PSU administration could have gone to the cops, but if McQueary clams up, changes his story or refutes it, and Sandusky is dragged through the muck on "hearsay", JoePa and PSU face potential problems with libel or slander.

Still, when we read that the group decided NOT to go to authorities after a conversation between Curley and JoePa, it's hard to "defend" any of them.

While I do not--at all--laud Paterno's behavior in any of this, your point on McQueary is the one that keeps popping up in my mind. McQueary is the one who witnessed that particular incident. JoePa and the whole PSU administration could have gone to the cops, but if McQueary clams up, changes his story or refutes it, and Sandusky is dragged through the muck on "hearsay", JoePa and PSU face potential problems with libel or slander.

Still, when we read that the group decided NOT to go to authorities after a conversation between Curley and JoePa, it's hard to "defend" any of them.

The problem with what you are saying is that the McQueary incident happened in 2001. JoePa and all the other higher ups already knew about the 1998 incident. So by the mere fact that McQueary saw something should have been enough, given the 1998 incident, to get people's a$$ in gear and do something that very minute.

They were in on it too! The NCAA needs to ban all janitors from Penn St. No janitorial service for at least two years! Is there a janitor union? If so, that needs to be broken up immediately!

Did you miss this part of the report????

"Janitor observes assault by Sandusky, but does not report the assault for fear that 'they'll get rid of all of us'. Another janitor concludes that the University will close ranks to protect the football program."

Did you miss this part of the report????

"Janitor observes assault by Sandusky, but does not report the assault for fear that 'they'll get rid of all of us'. Another janitor concludes that the University will close ranks to protect the football program."

Yes, I saw how those cowardly janitors did nothing to help the child. They are just as bad as McQuery. The NCAA really should ban all janitorial services for at least two years.

I always felt the NCAA should restrict itself to competition-based offenses. But this Penn State calamity IS a competition-based offense.If the worst is true, then Paterno and other officials at Penn State covered up Sandusky’s crimes because they wanted to protect the sanctity of the football program and make sure it continued unfettered, winning games and raking in cash.
CNN reported that emails were exchanged in 2001 among Penn State administrators suggesting a cover-up, and that the e-mails intimated that Paterno had knowledge about the decision not to report the allegations made against Sandusky to outside authorities. If that is true, that means a conspiracy existed to keep football program running smoothly and without interference.
That is a competition-based offense, regardless of the hideous nature of the acts at the center of it all.
Also, CNN reported how powerful an overlord Paterno was at Penn State, and how he and others around him bullied anyone who poked their noses into the running of the program, including the meting out of punishment to players who ran afoul of the law or the rules. Vicky Triponey, then vice president of student affairs in charge of disciplining students, called Paterno’s behavior “atrocious” in an e-mail to then-Penn State president Graham Spanier and said, “I am very troubled by the manipulative, disrespectful, uncivil and abusive behavior of our football coach.”
Who knows what happened in each case of player discipline at Penn State over the course of Paterno’s long career? It would be wrong to assume that Paterno was always more lenient with his guys than the VP of student affairs would have been. And if you condemned a major college football coach every time he acted boorishly toward someone in the school’s administration, your condemning schedule would be completely full.
Paterno’s alleged actions and behavior outside of the Sandusky matter are only relevant in that they apparently reveal the magnitude of the fiefdom the legendary head coach created, resulting in what appears to have been an atmosphere of fear and intimidation when it came to a desire for transparency from the outside.
That brings us to Sandusky, and the NCAA.

It’s all intertwined. If the reports are correct, Paterno’s strongman tactics were applied to doling out penalties to players who got involved in off-campus fights, and they also were used to sweep Sandusky's horrible deeds under the rug. The coach’s iron-fisted reign over the football program apparently included overseeing his players while turning a blind eye toward his former defensive coordinator.Why would he have done all that? Football. What is the NCAA in charge of regulating? Among other sports, football.
The NCAA surely never has seen anything quite like this. A sexual predator not only being protected from detection by one of its member institutions, but allowed to continue his abhorrent behavior? It sounds like some storyline concocted for an episode of a network procedural. The fact that it was real is beyond chilling.
Again, the NCAA doesn’t yet know all the facts. But it can prepare in case all the facts add up to the worst possible outcome. Since it has been determined that Penn State knew a lot more than it let on — including possible involvement by its late football coach in keeping silent about Sandusky’s actions — then the NCAA should prepare to hand down its death penalty to a Division I football program for only the second time in its history, after Southern Methodist University received it in 1987.
This one time the public should welcome the NCAA’s heavy hand.
Ventre: Penn State should get the death penalty - College football- NBC Sports

Nothing really new that everybody outside of Happy Valley didn't already know or believe was what happened.

The sad part it isn't going to change most PSU fans mind even though it's clear Paterno had a hand in the cover up at the very least, and more than likely was the guy calling the shots.

Yes, I am quoting myself. :)

I was wrong, I checked out a thread on the PSU scout board and a lot of PSU fans have changed their minds on Paterno after finding out that he was aware of the 98 incident. Before this report came out it seems PSU fans thought that Paterno didn't know about that investigation.

So knew about investigation in 98, shower report in 01 and he still did nothing= at the very least partially guilty of a covering things up.

Which is a step in the right direction from where a lot of PSU fans were when everything hit the fan.

Yes, I saw how those cowardly janitors did nothing to help the child. They are just as bad as McQuery. The NCAA really should ban all janitorial services for at least two years.

Give it a rest. :mad:

JoePa over and over made himself part of the situation. He basically forced instant replay into college football. He has made himself a huge part of the PSU academic and fund raising community. He ripped player discipline away from the actual student disciplinary system and refused to cooperate with those at the U actually in charge of the students.

But now we're supposed to believe the tale of "he told the higher-ups and assumed they did their jobs"?

He was the most powerful man at PSU and covered it up. His judgement at the pearly gates is more important than whatever comes out of this report. His legacy is set and he earned it.

I agree with David's assessment. I am most angered by McQueary. He saw it first hand.

HE SAW IT FIRST HAND!!!

HE DID NOT HEAR RUMORS, HE DID NOT HEAR STORIES FROM RANDOM PEOPLE... NO, HE SAW IT FIRST HAND!!

HE IS THE PERSON I DETEST THE MOST FROM THIS WHOLE SITUATION. He should take the most fire.

NOT JoePA

And told JoePa and JoePa covered it up. McQueary was a scared assistant coach. JoePa didn't have any reason to fear anyone. But football was more important.

I've always admired JoePa and didn't want to believe the horrible things he did. But now I can't help but see what really happened.

This can't possibly be on purpose could it????

The handful of students and alumni that gathered in Penn State's student center this morning to watch the release of the Freeh report live were stunned when the channel suddenly switched.

While most of campus was still sleepy, the small group was viewing CNN on a large screen, or one of several smaller screens nearby, in anticipation of the 9 a.m. release of the report on the sex abuse scandal that has gripped the school.

But, just as an anchor was ready to speak about the report, the television screens suddenly went blank. They then turned to a public access channel featuring a reporter from The Morning Call newspaper in Allentown about the state budget.

Several students went to speak with a student working at the main desk at the student center. But the student said a university employee was in charge of what is broadcast. That person, the student said, was in a meeting and could not be reached.

TVs at PSU student center suddenly switched to public access

YOU VILL BELIEF VHAT VE TELL YOU TO BELIEF!!
Man, the Pro-Paterno Spin Machine has been set to max output. Unreal. :mad:

When people decide they are gonna pontificate in favor of a kiddie rape coverup, it's best to just stand back and let them hang themselves with their own words.

Latest posts