Fred Hoiberg to UCLA

It was an odd firing indeed. From their point of view the team had struggled and was trending down the last 4 years of his tenure. Despite winning the conference his last year, their Kenpom was #46 which was the best final ranking in that 4 year span. They got greedy and tried for Shaka Smart but he wasn't interested so they went with Alford lol.
You just mentioned the two most overrated coaches in college basketball!

Somehow Alford has made it through 4 schools and 21 years without being fired. The dude is magician and a scumbag
Mind blowing.. Getting out ahead of the posse is a skill. To me it just shows that he's self aware of what a douche he is making him even worse...

I'd settle for a rough draft...let's hear it. (we'll understand if some of the deets aren't 100% on)
I think it was during the time Steve was rumored to be taking the Mizzu job. Jon had a source or sources that were telling him he was one foot out the door. So he was publicly reporting that. So Alford called him into his office not to debunk it so much but to ream his ass and try to get him to give up his source... I think that's the gist of it anyway but he's told the story on some podcasts before but it's been quite awhile since I've heard it. Maybe Rob can link it up somehow.

I seem to recall Alfraud and Noodles confronting Jon about the negative stuff he was writing/posting/podcasting.

I don't remember this at all but, heck, I sometimes have a hard time remembering what I did 10 minutes ago. That would be really low for a coach to confront a blog writer like that but it wouldn't surprise me. Alford is an over rated douche.

I think it was during the time Steve was rumored to be taking the Mizzu job. Jon had a source or sources that were telling him he was one foot out the door. So he was publicly reporting that. So Alford called him into his office not to debunk it so much but to ream his ass and try to get him to give up his source... I think that's the gist of it anyway but he's told the story on some podcasts before but it's been quite awhile since I've heard it. Maybe Rob can link it up somehow.

Yep, that's the gist of what I remember about those podcasts. Jon basically asked Steve if what his source told him was true about him flirting with the Mizzou job(he already knew it was true per his trusted source). Then he said Steve demanded Jon tell him who his source was. This of course basically confirmed that he was flirting with them. Jon explained the details much better than that. It was a great listen, I wish I could find the audio again but I'm striking out.

I don't remember this at all but, heck, I sometimes have a hard time remembering what I did 10 minutes ago. That would be really low for a coach to confront a blog writer like that but it wouldn't surprise me. Alford is an over rated douche.
Pretty sure Alfraud called Jon to his office for a meeting and Noodles was there. It started out a little confrontational, IIRC. Maybe @RobHowe can recall it better.

I'm not even sure it was the flagging Season Ticket sales that got Alfraud as much as the lack of donors willing to contribute to that douche. He really didn't care who he pissed off or walked on. I know that for a fact.