Fred Hoiberg to UCLA

usa_today_10543180.0.jpg

Not a surprising word amongst any of it... Most of it's old news but yeah the guy is a huge douche bag. Always has been. Why parents send their kids to play for him when they have other options is beyond me. Not to mention why a school like UCLA would hire him in the first place... He's got nowhere to go but down from there and he won't be there much longer that seems to be assured

The story Jon Miller has from when Alford called him into his office is pretty great. I'd try telling it but I don't want to miss tell it at all. Needless to say Jon isn't his biggest fan either.

The story Jon Miller has from when Alford called him into his office is pretty great. I'd try telling it but I don't want to miss tell it at all. Needless to say Jon isn't his biggest fan either.

I'd settle for a rough draft...let's hear it. (we'll understand if some of the deets aren't 100% on)

Those goobers would welcome him back with open arms. Most Hoosier fans live in 1985 anyway
Yep, lots of similarities with Nebraska/Indiana fans and Scott Frost/Steve Alford as their coaches. No way it could go wrong, even though they played in a different era and joined a program when it was at its peak. They'll have no problem getting them back there.

Meanwhile the guy they fired in Ben Howland, to bring in Alford, has built up Mississippi State the last couple of years and has the program ranked #17 and 10-1 on the year.
That was total delusion on their part to get rid of Ben, unless there was something there other than 3 straight Final Fours. He got fired after winning the Pac 10 title.

That was total delusion on their part to get rid of Ben, unless there was something there other than 3 straight Final Fours. He got fired after winning the Pac 10 title.

It was an odd firing indeed. From their point of view the team had struggled and was trending down the last 4 years of his tenure. Despite winning the conference his last year, their Kenpom was #46 which was the best final ranking in that 4 year span. They got greedy and tried for Shaka Smart but he wasn't interested so they went with Alford lol.

Indiana looks like they have a pretty solid guy there right now. Archie can recruit too.

No one from the Knight family will ever take that job until Bobby passes on. Not a chance.