Fran's Raise

Why?
Look at all the crap he takes for an 11-man rotation. Do we need a 13-Man rotation?

Is the 13th man going to be better or will the bench be watered down?

I used to think a HC should do this but really, it’s not going to help the team.

Get as many good players as you can...play the ones that rise to the top. Who says the additional scholarship is going to be the 13th man. Like with any other scholly, you try to find the best player you can. If a guy comes available via transfer, decommit, diamond in the rough, whatever...having a scholarship available isn't a bad thing.

How about we start with the lack of b10 titles and quality national wins in the two power sports over the last decade and change? That’s a pretty good place to start. The bottom line is, from the AD to the President to the bd of regents to the big money boosters, no one really cares anymore about high level results. It’s almost like they just don’t want problems or to be embarrassed.

Yeah, Tim Miles and Little Richard have better clauses and bonuses in their contract for NCAA and they don't have those things either. Miles also makes more. I care about high level results. Very much. I am just stating that the market is what drives this. Iowa has a lot of quality national wins in both sports, what is lacking is titles or deep post season success. My point is, these coaches are going to get that any where and no schools are firing NCAA making coaches and 8 win football coaches. They just aren't.

Not really. You don’t follow. The clowns have been better at basketball than us for years. You not believing it is a big part of the problem. Football is knocking on the door. And if you don’t believe that then you are in for a very rude awakening because that one should have ripple effects

Iowa football has won 7 out of the last 10 - even with ISU having their best run in decades. So you're best is just not quite good enough for Iowa's mediocre. How bout that? Not exactly beating down a door. How bout you beat Iowa with any sort of regularity before you think you've arrived. In hoops - no argument from me, ISU has sustained a pretty decent program regardless of coach for a while now and that's something I can objectively say is correct.

Yeah, Tim Miles and Little Richard have better clauses and bonuses in their contract for NCAA and they don't have those things either. Miles also makes more. I care about high level results. Very much. I am just stating that the market is what drives this. Iowa has a lot of quality national wins in both sports, what is lacking is titles or deep post season success. My point is, these coaches are going to get that any where and no schools are firing NCAA making coaches and 8 win football coaches. They just aren't.
Name me the quality non conference wins iowa football has had in the last 10 yrs. take your time. Then, do the same for buckets. If you compared schedules in general over a 10 yr span, it uncovers a clear fear of the boogeymen by the top two paid coaches of this school

Iowa football has won 7 out of the last 10 - even with ISU having their best run in decades. So you're best is just not quite good enough for Iowa's mediocre. How bout that? Not exactly beating down a door. How bout you beat Iowa with any sort of regularity before you think you've arrived. In hoops - no argument from me, ISU has sustained a pretty decent program regardless of coach for a while now and that's something I can objectively say is correct.
Who is “you”? I’m a 60 yr iowa fan dumbass

That's not true either. I've just been googling "NCAA Bonus" and "insert coaches name" and they all pretty much have some sort of deal that is similar. Some make much more then the 30k bonus, like in Archie Millers case where he would make 125k just for making it. Tim Miles makes $150k just for making it. Heck lil Richard P makes bigger bonuses then Fran just for compliance yearly with the NCAA’s Academic Progress Rate (APR).

Fran's contract or his bonuses aren't even in the top 40 in the field.

Bonuses are standard and Fran's 30K bonus is probably on the smaller side. But a raise of 400,000/yr? That's 2,000,000 over the life of the contract (assuming 5 more years)

Is Fran a top 40 coach? Asking for a friend..

Name me the quality non conference wins iowa football has had in the last 10 yrs. take your time. Then, do the same for buckets. If you compared schedules in general over a 10 yr span, it uncovers a clear fear of the boogeymen by the top two paid coaches of this school

Why did you suddenly move the target to out of conference, you know the B1G still has "national caliber wins" right? Iowa football has a LOT of them and I seem to remember Iowa beating North Carolina in Chapel Hill like 4 years ago. I'll put Iowa's non con in FB or BB up against ISU's any year you want - give me a break.

Who is “you”? I’m a 60 yr iowa fan dumbass

Then why do love ISU?

giphy.gif

Bonuses are standard and Fran's 30K bonus is probably on the smaller side. But a raise of 400,000/yr? That's 2,000,000 over the life of the contract (assuming 5 more years)

Is Fran a top 40 coach? Asking for a friend..

USA today ranks his contract as 47th - he's about where he should be IMO - I personally like that his monetary bonuses are based on achievements. Iowa wants to KEEP guys who go to the NCAA, I know that's foreign to some, but they just do.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/

OK, I'll play.

Non con basketball wins in Fran era

Iowa State
Florida State
Wichita State
Notre Dame
Marquette
North Carolina
Xavier
Virginia
Maryland (pre conference status)

They will get more opportunities next year with Cincinnati and probably Texas Tech on the schedule.

Why did you suddenly move the target to out of conference, you know the B1G still has "national caliber wins" right? Iowa football has a LOT of them and I seem to remember Iowa beating North Carolina in Chapel Hill like 4 years ago. I'll put Iowa's non con in FB or BB up against ISU's any year you want - give me a break.
I’m not comparing iowa to the clowns. I’m not a clown fan. You don’t have to worship McCaffrey and ferentz to be an Iowa fan...contrary to this message board. And the quality wins are lacking from both sports for iowa. I’m not the only one that sees this. Why so many look the other way and ignore it is the question

OK, I'll play.

Non con basketball wins in Fran era

Iowa State
Florida State
Wichita State
Notre Dame
Marquette
North Carolina
Xavier
Virginia
Maryland (pre conference status)

They will get more opportunities next year with Cincinnati and probably Texas Tech on the schedule.
Iowa st doesn’t count this yr as their two best players were out. This is classic. And i was “generally speaking”. Fran’s schedules are 90% crap and you know it. Kirk’s definitely are. He doesn’t play anyone. Ever

Iowa st doesn’t count this yr as their two best players were out. This is classic. And i was “generally speaking”. Fran’s schedules are 90% crap and you know it. Kirk’s definitely are. He doesn’t play anyone. Ever
OK, then our Purdue loss doesn't count this year. Garza was out.

If you're going to play that game you might as well beat your head against the wall.

You're embarrassed by our football and basketball non cons and you're entitled to your opinion. But if you start playing the injury card to diminish the legitimacy of our wins, or the lucky card, youre standing on the ledge and the ground is about to give way beneath you.

You're right, to hell with the Hawkeyes.....now go "root" for another team.

You're right, to hell with the Hawkeyes.....now go "root" for another team.
No. I want my hawks back. I want a President, AD and coaches with balls that aspire to win titles here and then move on to even better things. Not camp like a widowed mother in law

Latest posts