Fran's postgame

It's partially coaching but a lot is on the players. Gesell has been horrible all season and most of his career at the end of games. He bricks and open 15 footer to tie and then nearly turns it over with 4 secs left only to throw a terrible inbounds pass and turn it over anyway. Gesell and Clemmons could not have played worst than they did.

It's Fran's job to recognize how poor Gesell has been at the end of games and stop giving him the ball in those situations

Surprised we didn't hear this was another Great team we got beat by in the Big Ten.When is our team going to show up or did they already and we didn't realize it.

You gotta wonder if he is just tired of covering pizz poor play by his seniors. That couldn't have been the inbound play Fran was wanting, but that is where Mike threw the ball.

He lets his players play, and honestly he puts way too much trust in guys who haven't earned that trust honestly. Clemmons killed this team today, Mike kills us at crunch time, McCabe was awful at the end of games, and so on and so on.
Dead on.

Fran is an ***hole. It's easy to take when you are winning, but when we lose every close game and he and his team pucker their buttholes up super tight with the game on the line, it's a lot harder to swallow his act.

I would say Fran's resume is fast going down hill. As far as I'm concerned a coach who can't get kids to play needs to go , probably with his assistants. Look at next year!! If Jok doesn't score 50 points a game the wins will be few and far in between. I think he's done a horrible job as a coach at IOWA and I'm ready to see him go. You'll say the same thing after next year!!!!
'

Sheet, I'm already saying it.

#firefran

Pretty stupid tbh.

Now is not the time to become panicky/defensive/accusatory. Your players are standing right there next to you. What do you think they are thinking right there? Answer the question, credit Illinois, and move on the real tournament.

It sounds even worse than it reads on paper. Probably Fran's lowest point as an Iowa coach. Unacceptable behavior, and Barta should tell Fran that he needs to apologize.

I wonder if this team even makes the tournament now. This has been an epic, epic collapse, and is the second of his tenure at Iowa. 21-10 is definitely bubble territory.

If they don't make the tourney or are one and done, we should start looking elsewhere...

Lol...what?

Please tell me you're not serious and just joking....please.

I would say Fran's resume is fast going down hill. As far as I'm concerned a coach who can't get kids to play needs to go , probably with his assistants. Look at next year!! If Jok doesn't score 50 points a game the wins will be few and far in between. I think he's done a horrible job as a coach at IOWA and I'm ready to see him go. You'll say the same thing after next year!!!!
'

Fran is not perfect, far from it. There are things that he needs to improve on, even an arduous Fran supporter would admit that.

But if you think he's done a horrible job at Iowa, well, you're very wrong.

Latest posts