Fran's name getting thrown out

Steve Forbes.

Also, I've started checking flights out of Eastern Iowa airports. Looks like John Thompson III is the guy. Been multiple flights that have hooked up to DC.

<<Been multiple flights that have hooked up to DC>>

Whole team is transferring to Maryland, probably :)

The one thing that has always worried me about the potential for another school to come in and snag Fran is fan support. The game atmosphere at Carver has been awful. It certainly hasn't been what Fran and his team deserves, and Barta has shown little interest in improving it. If I were Fran that would piss me off. Why would you not do everything in your power to improve the atmosphere inside Carver as an AD? Maybe it costs you a few donor dollars initially because you tell them they have to move to accomodate the student section, but in the long run a better atmosphere benefits every single person involved. Who gives a crap if the donors have to sit a little further back. Let the students surround the court the same way Michigan State does. That's an easy step that would go a long ways.

The one thing that has always worried me about the potential for another school to come in and snag Fran is fan support. The game atmosphere at Carver has been awful. It certainly hasn't been what Fran and his team deserves, and Barta has shown little interest in improving it. If I were Fran that would piss me off. Why would you not do everything in your power to improve the atmosphere inside Carver as an AD? Maybe it costs you a few donor dollars initially because you tell them they have to move to accomodate the student section, but in the long run a better atmosphere benefits every single person involved. Who gives a crap if the donors have to sit a little further back. Let the students surround the court the same way Michigan State does. That's an easy step that would go a long ways.

This is a thought I've had all season, what more does Fran have to do to get the crowds back? That's probably as easy of an answer as "Sweet 16" but I am not sure that would even do it.

This is a thought I've had all season, what more does Fran have to do to get the crowds back? That's probably as easy of an answer as "Sweet 16" but I am not sure that would even do it.

Yep. It's embarrassing. I have no problem admitting that. That's just being honest. Anyone with half a brain can look around and see gameday atmospheres that are 10x better than what Iowa has. There's no excuse for it not being better. If other schools can do it Iowa can to. To me it is a lack of effort or unwillingness to change. Offering a free slice of pizza or hot dog isn't gonna do it. That's almost a slap in the face. Get these damn players and coaches the support they deserve for working their ass off to turn this program around.

Be it Frans agent or the other schools throwing Frans name out there it don't surprise me. Nature of the bizz. If he were to leave it wouldn't be for Mizzu though. No way no how. I don't see him leaving I just don't. Kids being the #1 reason.I don't think he'd get any further down the checklist of reasons then that. It'd be one thing if the program was angling down and he might be thinking about jumping before he's pushed out. But that's certainly not the case. There would have to be some under the radar reasons we just wouldn't be privy to for him to even consider wanting to leave. Cause there sure aren't any obvious ones. So I'm not going to sweat that. No smoke here

This would be a slap in the face. Mizzou would probably be a better gig though. Conference is weaker and it's a hot bed for recruiting .

To me this is a contract negotiation tactic, especially if we're talking about Mizzou.

Mizzou is an absolute dumpster fire right now. The school has a ton of trouble with on campus issues with racist incidents, etc. Their enrollment dropped 3k this year. I wouldn't touch that campus with a 10 foot pole.

Kirk: Hey Fran, do you want a raise?
Fran: Well I wouldn't say no to one.
Kirk: Have your agent get your name tossed around for any job opening around the country.
Fran: That will get me a raise?
Kirk: Hasn't failed for me yet.
Fran: Perfect!

Works that way at every other school in the country as well.

Unless Fran thinks Barta is too much of a moron to work for, I can't imagine him leaving Iowa unless he has a dream job (Notre Dame/Villanova, etc) offer him.

I think he'll follow the Ferentz plan. Stay at Iowa, make good money, allow his kids attend the same school through graduation, and his wife is within driving distance to her parents. At this point, Fran will be early/mid 60's when Patrick graduates from Iowa, so why cause chaos at home for a lateral move?

However, it does make business sense for his agent to encourage these kinds of stories. Force Barta to give Fran, and more importantly his asst's, a nice bump in salary.

Unless Fran thinks Barta is too much of a moron to work for, I can't imagine him leaving Iowa unless he has a dream job (Notre Dame/Villanova, etc) offer him.

I think he'll follow the Ferentz plan. Stay at Iowa, make good money, allow his kids attend the same school through graduation, and his wife is within driving distance to her parents. At this point, Fran will be early/mid 60's when Patrick graduates from Iowa, so why cause chaos at home for a lateral move?

However, it does make business sense for his agent to encourage these kinds of stories. Force Barta to give Fran, and more importantly his asst's, a nice bump in salary.

I imagine if we make the NCAA with this young team Fran is getting a new contract extension with a nice pay bump with or without other programs interested in poaching him. Barta knows when he has something he doesn't want to lose. I don't imagine Barta is going to let Fran go anywhere. We could literally pay him whatever it took. That being said I expect Fran will be making 500k more next year and assistants about another 100k. With Fran's extention running to 2025.

I imagine if we make the NCAA with this young team Fran is getting a new contract extension with a nice pay bump with or without other programs interested in poaching him. Barta knows when he has something he doesn't want to lose. I don't imagine Barta is going to let Fran go anywhere. We could literally pay him whatever it took. That being said I expect Fran will be making 500k more next year and assistants about another 100k. With Fran's extention running to 2025.
Big if

Just got inside info from my source inside the Iowa athletic department.

Barta's contacting schools and has a donor that will help pay some of Fran's salary at his new school to get rid of him. Hoiberg's going to get fired from Chicago and will be Iowa's next coach. Just a few t's to dot and eyes to cross.