Fran's kiddos are so replaceable, yikes this is one baaaad basketball team

HaydenHawk56

To think some were worried we would lose out on them if Fran left town.

Year 10....I think Fran has run his course. He dug us out of the ditch only to put us back into the ditch 10 years later. Foster is like yep mom, this is why I held my nose and went the other way.

Game Two — dumpster fire play already

Lack of hustle

Long scoring droughts

Matador and out-of-Place defense

Fran man-to-man is weak

Pat is a Lil Lick.

I don’t like to say that because I really think what took the wind out his sails was the cancer treatments, but it’s the plain truth.

He got fucked over by life.

However, his dad is a gazillionaire and he’ll never want for anything, so it’ll all work out if basketball goes south.

Am I being over-dramatic? But I think we're out of the NCAA tournament before January rolls around. Our spacing on offense is pathetic, Toussaint is totally out of control. If it wasn't for Ryan kriener in the first half we might have only had 10 points. He's the only one that brought any energy.

Do you guys think good guards don’t want to come to Iowa because they don’t want to give up their minutes to Frans inferior kids.

or Fran sabotaged the recruiting of these good guards so his kids could play more.

I can’t believe I said it but it doesn’t not make sense

Do you guys think good guards don’t want to come to Iowa because they don’t want to give up their minutes to Frans inferior kids.

or Fran sabotaged the recruiting of these good guards so his kids could play more.

I can’t believe I said it but it doesn’t not make sense

It’s not even debatable whether Joe Toussaint should be the starting PG. There is absolutely zero reason Connor should be playing instead

It’s not even debatable whether Joe Toussaint should be the starting PG. There is absolutely zero reason Connor should be playing instead

Today it looked obvious for sure. Hopefully Joe T can bring it like that regularly, or better yet improve a bit, and make it so obvious Fran has no choice.

Am I being over-dramatic? But I think we're out of the NCAA tournament before January rolls around. Our spacing on offense is pathetic, Toussaint is totally out of control. If it wasn't for Ryan kriener in the first half we might have only had 10 points. He's the only one that brought any energy.
Going to have to live with some mistakes from Toussaint but he’s the only guy in our team that can beat someone off the dribble.

College BB is a guards game and in year 10 Iowa doesn’t have the guard play to compete against DePaul who is one of the worst teams in their conference. And we are expecting Iowa to compete in the Big Ten?

College BB is a guards game and in year 10 Iowa doesn’t have the guard play to compete against DePaul who is one of the worst teams in their conference. And we are expecting Iowa to compete in the Big Ten?

I think DePaul had a lot of roster turnover, so where they finish in their conference is a complete guess.

If you can't see Conner is a better passer you have some blinders on. Touisant is very promising much more athletic. But he needs to be in rhythm with the offense and facilitate some dump off after he gets some help defense attention.

I do think it should be expected to see Connor as role player by January though.

I think DePaul had a lot of roster turnover, so where they finish in their conference is a complete guess.

Also they'll be streaky when there shots aren't falling and foul trouble will likely be an issue at times. But I'd rather that be an issue then leaving guys wide open.

Honestly classic buzzsaw game. I doubt DePaul shoots that well again all season.

I like Toussaint a lot. A little out of control but somebody needs to be able to fly around on this team. I don’t care if Conner is a better passer, whatever that means, he had 3 ast 2 to’s, Toussaint has 2 and 1 so don’t tell it it’s some huge gap.

I remember a game recently where we came out and dominated Michigan early. All of our shots were falling and they couldn't make anything. We got up 15 or so really early and won by about 15. I knew the whole time we weren't a way better team than them. We just clicked really well really and got up big. That's pretty much what happened here. The thing I hated the most was how many extremely lazy turnovers we had and how much Garza tried forcing things. And Nunge. I really hate that he looks so bad. I just don't think he's gunna be able to play with Garza and we don't have any other options.