Fran's kiddos are so replaceable, yikes this is one baaaad basketball team

The good news is Iowa still has 4 more football games. If they lose any of them, they should be close thanks to our defense....unlike the many blowouts Fran's Skinny, Anglo Saxon, Millennials are going to face.

Honestly classic buzzsaw game. I doubt DePaul shoots that well again all season.

I like Toussaint a lot. A little out of control but somebody needs to be able to fly around on this team. I don’t care if Conner is a better passer, whatever that means, he had 3 ast 2 to’s, Toussaint has 2 and 1 so don’t tell it it’s some huge gap.
I’m not worried about team passing. I’m worried about team speed on both ends of the floor. Connor is really not going to be able to defend many PGs.

The University of Iowa, better know as Nepotism University. I thought I would never see anything like this at Iowa. The Ferentz's, Doyle's and McCaffery's. Am I missing anyone else men's or women's sports?

The University of Iowa, better know as Nepotism University. I thought I would never see anything like this at Iowa. The Ferentz's, Doyle's and McCaffery's. Am I missing anyone else men's or women's sports?
Thought I read there were a few cousins on the volleyball team related to Barta’s ball washer?

Honestly classic buzzsaw game. I doubt DePaul shoots that well again all season.

I like Toussaint a lot. A little out of control but somebody needs to be able to fly around on this team. I don’t care if Conner is a better passer, whatever that means, he had 3 ast 2 to’s, Toussaint has 2 and 1 so don’t tell it it’s some huge gap.
Toussaint would have more assists but nobody could keep up with him to fill the lanes on the break.

I'll live with Joe T's mistakes of youth, at least he has the goods. Conner would start for very few D1 schools, maybe an Ivy league school or that team that always loses to the Globetrotters. It's either suffer growing pains with Joe now or play Conner and have to watch him try to pretend to be a legitimate Big Ten guard. If Mac was "White Magic" Pat is the "Translucent Ghost". If the kid turns sideways he'd be invisible. Mac needs to get real redshirt Pat and JBo, start Kreiner (only guy to show up tonight) or learn the Princeton offense where we pass the ball 30 times and shoot a three. He has players that don't match his style of play, how does a coach do that? He has something I think in the two Joe's and CJ, all three look like they want to play defense. Garza will rebound, just had a bad game.

Doesn't Riley Till's mother Shelly do some work for the BTN? I know she used to be a color analyst for Iowa women's basketball.

Nepo-U!
Hate to say it, but it's catchy, sad and true, all at the same time.

I don't want to get into race and all that crap, but the difference in athletism tonight was simply impossible to ignore. Good shooting can nullify athletic mismatches, but man, "good" was not the way to describe Iowa's shooting. Fran has to thin the ranks, give playing time to his young players to develop, and play the best players. Most important is to play guys that want to and can play defense. I'll wait for this team to develop if he does that. If he continues to play inferior players for what ever reason he's gonna lose not only every big game but a ton of fans too.

We should all thank our lucky stars Barta gave Fran that $9 million buyout. Without it, he might move on to a better gig. :cool:
Pretty common for Iowa HCs and assistants to "fly off the shelf" sought after by poaching programs who want some of that Iowa winning magic...LOL

If Toussaint keeps getting about the same # of minutes all season, what do you think the odds are he transfers?
Hard for me to see him on the bench as our starters were stripped, beaten on defense, and manhandled. He chose Iowa, let's show him some love and play him. He's the only guard that has any speed on defense, it's all about upside.

Connor had a lot more minutes than Toussaint. Toussaint played at the end of the game more when the other team was thinking about going home.

Connor had a lot more minutes than Toussaint. Toussaint played at the end of the game more when the other team was thinking about going home.

Touaint is head and shoulder better than Connor, the only thing Connor has going for him is that he is the coaches son!!

To address Patrick it's too early to tell. He probably should red shirt and work on putting on muscle.

Conner is what he is. A decent passer but limited everywhere else. He should be coming off the bech.

Toussaint needs to play as much as possible.

I'll also throw in Bohannon should just red-shirt. This season isn't going anywhere.

To think some were worried we would lose out on them if Fran left town.

Year 10....I think Fran has run his course. He dug us out of the ditch only to put us back into the ditch 10 years later. Foster is like yep mom, this is why I held my nose and went the other way.
Wieskamp should definitely transfer. There are no other big 10 players on this team. This team is going no where.

Latest posts