Fran’s alleged meltdown

As an Iowa fan for years, we are just expected to accept any horrible officiating, blown calls, homer refs, non-calls and move on. Other programs who get a bad call now and then get coverage from all the media networks, get fan bases threatening boycotts, national media attention. Izzo never gets screwed and he goes ballistic on the sidelines without getting T-ed up. I like Fran fighting the good fight, but chasing a ref down, if it's true, is a dumbass thing to do. Don't expect any calls to go our way the rest of the season. Officials I'm sure have an unofficial bond that will respond to Fran's action.

Naomi Watts who was so wonderful in Mulholland Drive

th

:cool:

Holy cow that's a huge black guy in that pic!

As an Iowa fan for years, we are just expected to accept any horrible officiating, blown calls, homer refs, non-calls and move on. Other programs who get a bad call now and then get coverage from all the media networks, get fan bases threatening boycotts, national media attention. Izzo never gets screwed and he goes ballistic on the sidelines without getting T-ed up. I like Fran fighting the good fight, but chasing a ref down, if it's true, is a dumbass thing to do. Don't expect any calls to go our way the rest of the season. Officials I'm sure have an unofficial bond that will respond to Fran's action.

How bad was it for him to do that, though? I liken it to Brian F going off on Barta to contact B1G office after the Purdue game.

If officiating is consistently bad throughout a game, AD needs to back his teams at conference level.

Take that to a court of law, in front of a jury, with at least 2 witnesses (which is what Rob reported) and that's confirmation enough to get a conviction. I guess you want video and audio? I guess that sort of behavior would be out of the question from Fran, as far as what we've seen previously? It's not like Fran has a history of that sort of behavior......oh wait.
Might want to ask for a refund on your law degree from Sea Shell Island Law School. Two witnesses who have a bias for the Buckeyes and against Fran won't get you anything. Fran might have done it, but just because he did something similar 3 or 4 years ago; when he hasn't done it in a couple of years isn't going to convict anyone. I will wait and see what happens rather than rush to judgement.

Might want to ask for a refund on your law degree from Sea Shell Island Law School. Two witnesses who have a bias for the Buckeyes and against Fran won't get you anything. Fran might have done it, but just because he did something similar 3 or 4 years ago; when he hasn't done it in a couple of years isn't going to convict anyone. I will wait and see what happens rather than rush to judgement.
Sea Shell island has taught me enough to know that OSU information personnel probably doesn't have any bias against Fran McCaffery. We're not talking about a coach that has kept OSU from winning BIG titles. You think far more of Fran McCaffery than OSU sports people do. Who do you think Fran McCaffery is in the landscape of College basketball? GTFO.

I would guess that Izzo butters these guys up off the court before or after he goes ballistic on the court.
Fran, on the other hand, has proven that he holds grudges so if he acts similar to these guys off the court as he does on, this is what happens. It doesn’t excuse poor officiating, but officials are human too and if they don’t like the guy I am sure there is an unconscious bias against Fran and Iowa as a result.

I think it definitely happened. Do you guys know Fran? Of course it happened. But I am with the OP - who gives a shit? Do you guys want a coach who's a fucking complacent pussy or do you want to win and when you lose are you fing pissed about it? I know which one I want. I love coaches that are aholes, most of the great ones are. Not saying Fran is great, saying he has the traits of a great one.

There's a HUGE difference between having a coach who doesn't take any shit and let's the refs (as well as his team) know it and having one who chases a ref down the stadium tunnel once the game is over and questions his character and literally accuses him of cheating.

The former you'd go to war with....the latter gets fired.

You've been sniffing too much glue in @ClintonIAfan 's chick basketball threads.

I would guess that Izzo butters these guys up off the court before or after he goes ballistic on the court.
Fran, on the other hand, has proven that he holds grudges so if he acts similar to these guys off the court as he does on, this is what happens. It doesn’t excuse poor officiating, but officials are human too and if they don’t like the guy I am sure there is an unconscious bias against Fran and Iowa as a result.

I have seen him laughing with officials before games FWIW.

Being fired up is one thing. Chasing a ref down in the tunnel and accusing him of being a Cheating MnFer is grounds for suspension at a minimum and certainly could be grounds for termination...you just can’t publicly accuse an official of cheating...

"Chasing down"....that's laughable, inserting words to make Fran and the situation worse than was originally reported. Saying expletive words has never and will never be grounds for suspension, especially terminations, and calling someone a cheater I'm sure is a lot more normal than we would ever know. Especially since it was McJudkins, reportedly. Saw a fact that said that there were 11 fouls called in the final 7 minutes, 8 of those fouls were called by yours truly, Steve McJudkins, and 6 of them against the Hawks. Very interesting.

"Chasing down"....that's laughable, inserting words to make Fran and the situation worse than was originally reported. Saying expletive words has never and will never be grounds for suspension, especially terminations, and calling someone a cheater I'm sure is a lot more normal than we would ever know. Especially since it was McJudkins, reportedly. Saw a fact that said that there were 11 fouls called in the final 7 minutes, 8 of those fouls were called by yours truly, Steve McJudkins, and 6 of them against the Hawks. Very interesting.

It's interesting that the team that was behind, in trying to catch up. was called for more fouls?!

Is this your first year watching basketball?

It's interesting that the team that was behind, in trying to catch up. was called for more fouls?!

Is this your first year watching basketball?

I obviously wasn't talking about the total fouls called....1 referee shouldn't be calling 8/11 fouls in the first place, but looks extra suspicious that 3/4 of his calls were against Iowa.

My only issue was how easily Fran got his tech compared to Holtmann literally having to beg for several minutes to get his.

I didn't mind Fran's tech tbh, he was sticking up for his players, especially when Connor got elbowed to the head (it was an original foul on Connor, but the elbow to the face should have at least been reviewed if nothing else. Connor's tech was too easy for him to get IMO. Talked to a reporter who said that he got it because he shook off the ref....that's laughable.

I didn't mind Fran's tech tbh, he was sticking up for his players, especially when Connor got elbowed to the head (it was an original foul on Connor, but the elbow to the face should have at least been reviewed if nothing else. Connor's tech was too easy for him to get IMO. Talked to a reporter who said that he got it because he shook off the ref....that's laughable.
I disagree. Connor waved his hands at a ref that will almost always get you T’d. Stephen Bardo reiterated that on the BTN coverage.

I don’t care that Fran got T’d I find it interesting how easily he got T’d compared to Holtmann screaming at the officials for almost 5 minutes before getting his.

I like that Fran STOOD UP for his team, and is passionate about it! Did it violate any rules or BIG code of conduct, don't know. I just know he is passionate about the Hawks. LOVE that about him!

I disagree. Connor waved his hands at a ref that will almost always get you T’d. Stephen Bardo reiterated that on the BTN coverage.

I don’t care that Fran got T’d I find it interesting how easily he got T’d compared to Holtmann screaming at the officials for almost 5 minutes before getting his.

I've seen waving hands at the ref not get called more times than I've seen it get called, but I mean it is what it is. I'll be the first to say, referees didn't cost us the game, but I'll also be the first to defend Fran until I think he has legit stepped out of line. Last night was not that time, so here I stand.

My only issue was how easily Fran got his tech compared to Holtmann literally having to beg for several minutes to get his.

Well, when you've spent the last 9 years being a complete jackass to people, you shouldn't be surprised if they have an itchy trigger finger. And yes, I know that Izzo, Ryan, etc did it as well....the difference is that they didn't let it linger off the court like Fran has.....

Well, when you've spent the last 9 years being a complete jackass to people, you shouldn't be surprised if they have an itchy trigger finger. And yes, I know that Izzo, Ryan, etc did it as well....the difference is that they didn't let it linger off the court like Fran has.....

I would be willing to bet that not another referee calls either of those techs (maybe Connor's) if they aren't named Steve McJudkins.