Fran Talks About Job Security

It was not testy. It was a professional Q&A. Fran went over the line by saying “you shouldn’t even be bringing it up.”

Anybody is allowed to ask anything they want if it’s done respectfully. It was. By the same token we want a coach to give his opinion. He did. You heard some 1/4 second of testiness in Fran’s voice but don’t mention the reporters 1/4 second of incredulity in his responding question.

This is the way adults respectfully talk with other.

And nobody on this site hiding behind fake names would be asking questions any differently if it was their job and real names.

Can you guess who might least favorite is?

haha -yeah Chad? I don't know him enough. I mean, I hear him on that Hawk Central deal on the ole radio and I obviously I don't read so. He doesn't move me one way or the other.... he's just like there.

I can tell you with 100% confidence that this guy would never ask that question or anything close to it.

1TMSphKf_400x400.jpg
Nope. But he’ll apologize for not asking it afterwards.

Not asking is bad enough. Just admit you’re scared...

But not asking on purpose, knowing full well that an “I forgot” or an “apology” is the easy way to skirt around it, is bogus. I lost respect for the dude then. Especially when he had a chance to bring it up again. That and his Bohannon brother stuff.

haha -yeah Chad? I don't know him enough. I mean, I hear him on that Hawk Central deal on the ole radio and I obviously I don't read so. He doesn't move me one way or the other.... he's just like there.
Listen to him interview a Ferentz and you'll literally hear his tongue licking a boot. It's not that much different when he interviews Fran.

If you make millions of dollars and you’re contract structure makes you essentially non-fireable, you need to expect those questions (Barta being an idiot is a separate matter). All jobs should be judged on performance, and there’s been sustained low performance.

The reporter who asked the question certainly felt like the response was testy. He was taken back you could tell in his voice “why shouldn’t I be asking about it?”

That is the response of a guy that has no pressure from his boss.

I feel pressure to perform in my job every day. What I did last year or the year before don’t change that. Obviously, for Fran, he feels he did enough for the huge parachute and so now he can mail it in.
Wouldn’t it be nice if you had a shit year to be able to go into your review and tell your boss to look at your body of work? I know how that’d turn out for me.

That is the response of a guy that has no pressure from his boss.

I feel pressure to perform in my job every day. What I did last year or the year before don’t change that. Obviously, for Fran, he feels he did enough for the huge parachute and so now he can mail it in.

Jesus you must have a really high pressure job. I've built up so much good will by being awesome at my job for so long that I could coast for months before anyone would care.

Wouldn’t it be nice if you had a shit year to be able to go into your review and tell your boss to look at your body of work? I know how that’d turn out for me.
Especially when your "body of work" has been not so fantastic.