Fran is banking extra ship until 2019.

This is the University of I-o-w-a. The 5 ****star, 6'11" and 290 pound true centers go to Duke and Kentucky etc... They won't want to come to Iowa until we prove we belong with the big boys. That is what Fran is trying to build here. Baby steps. Last yr was a step back. Marble, White, Uthoff, Jok and Cook are steps in the right direction. Just need some more time. Stay optimistic, please!

When Fran out-recruited Cheatin' Roy for Woodbury and got Gazelle I think we all thought a corner had been turned. Not sure anyone saw the truck parked just ahead.

I'm good with banking the ship as I think we have the help we need coming in with Joe & Connor.

Granted, we still won't have a dynamic PG to break down off the dribble but Jordan still creates opportunities for other guys with his 3 point range. As we know, we are pretty good offensively but need to be better on D.

This is where having Connor come in should help. He'd be better than JBo on D. He can run the point so that Jordan's playing time can be shortened so that Jordan is hopefully fresher. Weiskamp adds the scoring option that we so badly need at the 3 spot to play alongside Moss.

Now we just need to ensure Cook comes back.

When Fran out-recruited Cheatin' Roy for Woodbury and got Gazelle I think we all thought a corner had been turned. Not sure anyone saw the truck parked just ahead.
Turned out Roy got the better of the deal in getting Marcus Paige and NOT getting Woodbury... He even wins by losing that's how he rolls in this.... God I hate Roy

Fran apparently isn't clear how grad transfers work. He said he wasn't in the market because he wanted the scholarship for 2019... You can do both Fran.

I wish we landed a grad transfer guard for the year, but I'm glad we didn't reach an offer a 4 year scholarship or a transfer for multiple years. It should have been grad transfer or bank - which is basically the same thing. For Fran it was apparently bank since he doesn't understand things, like defense, rotations, guard play, and I guess eligibility.

I wonder how many small-ball sets we're going to run next season, considering the emphasis now on guard play? Garza and four guard sets now and then?

This may all come to fruition. Or it may not. They could finish dead last or as high as fourth or fifth. You didn't bring it up, but I'm also not buying that Fran is going to spend the butxt couple of years coasting on his contract. This is his livelihood. Whack an assistant? Probably should have happened, but it's not going to.

We're seven months from the start of the next season and all of us are undefeated. Let's hope the returning players learned some hard lessons and have some pride. A poster recently said we've become the softest team in the league. Well it's time to start turning that around.
We need a pg to play very quick defense and bring ball up pleese.Hope coach has rabbit up his sleave.And Connor hope he shoots like jbo.Connor no doubt will be very tough.Lots on his plate along with JoeW. Do not grasp fran decision.Confused but HOPEFUL I guess.Rolling Rock hello!

I wonder how many small-ball sets we're going to run next season, considering the emphasis now on guard play? Garza and four guard sets now and then?
If last year is any indication.... none. So long as Fran is trying to make minutes for Kriener and Pemsl then it will continue to push Nunge and Baer to the 3.

You are assuming that Woodbury would be the same at NC as he was at Iowa.
True. I can't see him have ever being much more offensively than he was though... Defensively the guy was great. He really was. But on offense he was a screen setter. That was the bulk of his value at that end of the floor. He did get to be a respectable free throw shooter his last couple years he really improved at that a lot. Gotta give him that.

Really don't matter much. If we don't make the dance next year his ass should be gone. Can't miss the dance as often as he has and stay around at a P5 conference. Wouldn't be acceptable anywhere else...shouldn't be acceptable here.

Fran couldn't or wouldn't recruit a grad or juco guard to back up our backcourt screams loud and clear to me either delusional or confusional.