Fran & Dolph

When I was 8 I called my older brother a cheater when he beat me at whiffle ball, Risk, Monopoly, whatever. I mean it's so childish what Fran did and embarrassing to Hawk fans.
When my dad caught my sister and I stacking the deck in a game of Candy Land he sent us to our rooms for the rest of the day and we couldn't play the game for a week.

Based on Fran's comments in the presser yesterday, do you think he thinks he did anything wrong? I got the impression Fran thinks the only bad thing that happened was that somebody heard it.
People say stupid stuff all the time...just not in front of other people. I’ve seen posters on here with anger issues. Many of them can’t keep it to themselves and fire it off in an HN post. Funny thing...a lot of those inappropriate posts are directed at the very guy being criticized in this thread.

You should talk to the person that let us know there have been ongoing tensions due to Dolph giving tickets to Wisky fans that allegedly heckled Margaret.

And say what? That he should have worded "extreme hatred for one another". I think you have a pretty warped version of what ongoing tensions means. I would say you and I have ongoing tensions. But I would rather share a pizza and watch a game with you than try to ruin your life by labeling you a racist.

Is there any chance a national sports network could find a way to get Fran, Dolph, the "cheating mother*****, and Bruno Fernando all watching the our game on Saturday together in the locker room and air it live (preferably from the visiting locker room at Kinnick? That would make for some great entertainment. I'd probably tune into that over the game.

People say stupid stuff all the time...just not in front of other people. I’ve seen posters on here with anger issues. Many of them can’t keep it to themselves and fire it off in an HN post. Funny thing...a lot of those inappropriate posts are directed at the very guy being criticized in this thread.
The hypocrisy on HN and other social media regarding FM runs deep indeed.

If Barta hadn’t been de-balled a long time ago, he should give Fran one game, and tell the B1G to f$&@ off.

Hey Delaney, hire officials that aren’t an f-ing disgrace.

Seems to me I read a story not too long ago about Mark Turgeon openly and loudly swearing at the referees during one of his recent games. Obviously it must be OK to do it during a game publicly, but not in the tunnel after a game. Or maybe it just depends on who is doing the swearing. Can't imagine anyone suspending Izzo for his in-game antics.

Seems to me I read a story not too long ago about Mark Turgeon openly and loudly swearing at the referees during one of his recent games. Obviously it must be OK to do it during a game publicly, but not in the tunnel after a game. Or maybe it just depends on who is doing the swearing. Can't imagine anyone suspending Izzo for his in-game antics.
Turgeon is the potty mouth leader of the B1G in addition to being the king of cash. He is as foul as they come.

Pitino charged the officials off the floor in Lincoln after they got screwed with a profanity laced tirade. Nothing.

Prohm grabs one of our players after his player was an inciting f ing d bag the whole game this year. Nothing.

Pat Chambers cusses like a sailor. Painter when they were behind last night was letting some fly.

I sit across from the visiting bench at CHA, you don’t wanna get your young kids to ear close - trust me.

Oh my,but Fran is embarrasing the U of I. Gosh, golly what shall we do?

Perhaps a Wellmark Sports Safe Place designated on the concourse for anyone that may be offended by anything at anytime. A veritable cone of silence in The People’s Republic of Iowa City.

When my dad caught my sister and I stacking the deck in a game of Candy Land he sent us to our rooms for the rest of the day and we couldn't play the game for a week.
We’re you going to play your dad? Because that’s awesome.

If I caught my kid doing that I’d tell him to his face that cheating is bullshit, but in the back of my mind I’d be grinning.

The hypocrisy on HN and other social media regarding FM runs deep indeed.

If Barta hadn’t been de-balled a long time ago, he should give Fran one game, and tell the B1G to f$&@ off.

Hey Delaney, hire officials that aren’t an f-ing disgrace.
Barta was never balled to begin with. He’s a public puppet for the donors.

If Fran or Kirky ever get fired for a non-criminal reason it won’t be because Barta decided to do it. It’d be because the donors say they’re out.

Barta is in charge of non football and basketball athletics. If you think he has any pull at all or he was actually speaking as McCafferey’s “boss” in that presser you’re nuts.

In all seriousness, we know Fran and Dolph have had issues. There had been "ongoing tensions" before the first suspension.

I just think people went overboard with Fran's involvement in suspension No. 2. Dolph said yesterday that he called Fran last week for advice. And then Fran says he invited to watch the game with him on Saturday.

They're not best buds but it also doesn't seem like Fran is trying to get Dolph fired, which quite a few folks ran with last week.

C'mon Rob, no one ran with "Fran is trying to get Dolph fired".....

It was "Marge is trying to get Dolph fired"! :)

Adults? Happy Gary returns. Him and Eddie&Bobby waay cool Hawks.In Calif. you can catch and eat Tuna. But Dolphin cannot be canned and sold. Next game a biggie no?
The steel organization walks into the grave attitude are communicate employ better than the respect shock the intentional recover scrubs into the hilarious voice!!

Ziggybabadoodoocaca!!!!

We’re you going to play your dad? Because that’s awesome.

If I caught my kid doing that I’d tell him to his face that cheating is bullshit, but in the back of my mind I’d be grinning.
Good call. Since my sister and I co-conspired to take Dad down he must have been getting ready to play. Here's where it gets better. My mom, whole not involved in the dirty deed, was privy to the ruse. My dad didn't know it then, hence the "punishment" but I'm sure he found out later. He is pretty sharp at decoding detective shows, etc even to this day. Candy Land scams would have been a breeze for him in 1972.

My parents are in their mid seventies and still with us, approaching 55 years of marriage. They became first time great grandparents on November 21st.

They can start drinking beer and super drunk and start telling each other bullshits.
giphy.gif