Fran deserves some heat from this game

hwks1

He just let his team sleep walk through this game. Maybe he needs to stop reading his headlines.

Very disappointed with the lazy effort in this game - starts with HC

This team lacks a difference maker. Plain and simple. Some one who can create their own shot in the half court. Better address that in recruiting real quick. This team still hasn't proven they are worthy of an NCAA bid yet. They haven't beaten a team with a pulse yet and have lost to the 2 teams who did. This team is the worst at closing out games and making free throws.

Oh how far Iowa bball has come the last few years. We win by double digits and we get a post like this.

Really? Where you happy with that effort.... at home!?

It's frickin basketball... You're not always going to play your best game and we were coming off a long rest.

At the end of the day it's a W and we won by double digits.

Sure we have some things we need to improve on but some of you are such drama.

I mean c'mon... Put heat on Fran??? Yeah let's explain we must win by at least 20 at home.

We aren't going to win everyone pretty, just he happy for the win and enjoy a drink and your new year.

I don't usually post after a loss (which is what this kinda feels like), but I gotta say that I am SICK of seeing Fran try to chew the last 3+ minutes off the clock with a slight lead.

He's clearly not good at teaching his players how to be effective in doing that, and it nearly costs us every game that he's done that. When your foot is on the throat you gotta step through. I seriously get ill whenever I see him pull that garbage.

He just let his team sleep walk through this game. Maybe he needs to stop reading his headlines.

Very disappointed with the lazy effort in this game - starts with HC
Yep, Fran is an ego maniac. Can't blame him for shooting 1-6 3 pt and 22-39 FT. They also gave up 17 offensive rebounds, that's effort, not coaching.

Not thrilled with the play of the Hawks, but it's a tribute that they can play that badly and still get a win.

There are 30+ games. Calling anyone out after one (especially one we won) is really ******* stupid.

I'm not happy with the performance any more than the rest of you....but lets face it, we played crappy and won the game. How many Iowa teams in the last 7 years could do that in BIG play??

On to Wisconsin, this one is over.

I say flush it. They've had 1 game in almost 3 weeks, finals, and now holidays. It showed that they haven't had much live action vs opponents lately, it'll get better. Love everyone that is about to jump off because of 1 game. To them I have one name, Lickliter.​

Yeah, Fran sucks, fire him now. The one thing that I don't think Iowa has is the killer instinct, I don't think it has anything to do with Fran, it has everything to do with the players.

Something just isnt right at the end of games. cant really say what it is but Marble isolation plays dont seem to help.

Part of me thinks its playing to many players. Not saying any particular person doesnt deserve to play but it seems we lack rythm and defined roles at the end.

There are 30+ games. Calling anyone out after one (especially one we won) is really ******* stupid.

I see this as more about being up 20 points, and not closing out well - again. Not a problem isolated to only this game, this is something from last year that is lingering, so deserving of concern. Good play by Uthoff and Basabe, though, down the stretch.

I just don't get the obsession with calling out the coach whenever a fan doesn't get exactly what he wants. We didn't play our best against a bad team but still won. Whatever.

I just don't get the obsession with calling out the coach whenever a fan doesn't get exactly what he wants. We didn't play our best against a bad team but still won. Whatever.

Or players for that matter...that comes after the losses and after some wins.

The thing is, Nebraska plays Lickliter ball. Just hold the ball the whole possession and hope the other team doesn't run and make shots. It created an ugly game, an ugly game that we won. I can't get too upset about not pounding the Huskers into submission. I bet they play a slow, deliberate type game against other good teams and create final scores and ugly games that look closer on the scoreboard than they really were.

Latest posts