For all the Tyler Sash shouldn't go pro crowd

hoffahawk

Playing great on ST for the Giants, one win away from playing in the Super Bowl and oh yeah........hangin' in the front row with Cuba at a Knicks game

405492_363394073687009_151347661558319_1498489_1671766866_n.jpg

Is there a point you're trying to prove here?

Just all the moron's on this board last year at this time saying he was stupid for going pro, he wouldn't get drafted or ever play in the NFL were wrong and that he is not only on an NFL team, but playing very well for said team and enjoying what goes along with playing for an NFL in NY.

Is there a point you're trying to prove here?

I think Sash is probably doing mighty fine for a rookie who many here thought should have stayed put. He'll likely be starting at safety for the Giants in the next couple years (they're set right now with Rolle and Phillips, but Sash is the preferred backup over Deon Grant). He's getting courtside seats for the Knicks and meeting celebrities like Gooding, Jr.

I'm guessing that's his point.

Just all the moron's on this board last year at this time saying he was stupid for going pro, he wouldn't get drafted or ever play in the NFL were wrong and that he is not only on an NFL team, but playing very well for said team and enjoying what goes along with playing for an NFL in NY.

im sure anyone who said he wouldnt get drafted realized they were wrong last april...

I think Sash is probably doing mighty fine for a rookie who many here thought should have stayed put. He'll likely be starting at safety for the Giants in the next couple years (they're set right now with Rolle and Phillips, but Sash is the preferred backup over Deon Grant). He's getting courtside seats for the Knicks and meeting celebrities like Gooding, Jr.

I'm guessing that's his point.

Completely agree. Doesn't prove anything about whether he should or shouldn't have gone pro.

FTR I can't even remember which side of that argument I was on last year.

Completely agree. Doesn't prove anything about whether he should or shouldn't have gone pro.

FTR I can't even remember which side of that argument I was on last year.

I know I thought he should have gone. He wasn't going to get all that much better by staying a year, there's always the injury factor, and he's also old for his class (I think he's a 23 or 24 year old rookie?). That's a "go pro now" formula 100% of the time if you're good enough to cut it.

I know I thought he should have gone. He wasn't going to get all that much better by staying a year, there's always the injury factor, and he's also old for his class (I think he's a 23 or 24 year old rookie?). That's a "go pro now" formula 100% of the time if you're good enough to cut it.

no argument there.

Just making the point that the OP isn't overwhelming evidence he made the correct decision, even though I agree he did.

Really I'm just splitting hairs and should be ignored.

If he had stayed, he might have had a huge year, and been drafted in the 1st round,making him several million dollars richer right now....jury is out.

If he had stayed, he might have had a huge year, and been drafted in the 1st round,making him several million dollars richer right now....jury is out.

If he had stayed he would have been subject to the new rookie slotted pay scale which dramatically lowered 1st round draftpicks rookie contracts. In addition he will get to his second contract one year sooner which is where all the real money is.

The jury is not out.

Sash did not have the physical attributes to go anywhere near the first round. Regardless of what he would have done his senior year in college, his draft ceiling was probably 4th round at best.

Latest posts