FootballScoop

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that without rumblings in local media, FootballScoop's scoop was like the ones I have to hold my nose for when I walk my dogs.

When you walk into Kinnick, at the bottom of the steps to your section is a sign that reads "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate."

Kirk is not a dumb man. He knows the frustration is at its highest level in his 16-year tenure. Part of me still thinks that Kirk will sit down with Gary and they will reach some type of agreement that let's Kirk walk away with a nice chunk of money - without being fired.

I know some posters say Kirk thumbs his nose at the fans, etc. But truly, Kirk is a sensitive guy. We have heard him get emotional on the sidelines on more than one occasion. For Kirk, the person, this has to eat at him. After 16 years of living a pretty good life in Iowa City to now have the natives calling for his head. He's human. He has to feel it.

That's why I still bellieve Kirk and Gary will reach some type of agreement that still gives Kirk enough money to live 10 lifetimes while also still maintaining a legacy at Iowa.

Personally, I hate seeing it come to this. Because I know the type of person Kirk is. He is genuine, and he has done great things for Iowa. That being said, it's just time for a change. Not next year. Not in two years. Now. The toothpaste is out of the tube and you can't put it back in.

Bringing Kirk back ... bringing the same staff back ... will only add fuel to the raging fire.

This is spot on in my opinion. The best I have read. Well done.

What Deace said made a lot of sense. Leave your political leanings out of it.

Shada's Back???

jnx2d.gif

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that without rumblings in local media, FootballScoop's scoop was like the ones I have to hold my nose for when I walk my dogs.

When you walk into Kinnick, at the bottom of the steps to your section is a sign that reads "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate."
Abandon all hope, ye who enter.

If we were bringing back 1997 or 2010 type talent, then I'd be all for giving KF one last shot to get this thing turned around.

I hear ya. No, Iowa doesnt have that type of talent, but the rest of the west division in the Big Ten doesnt either. I do think Iowa has enough talent returning next year to win the west, they did this year as well. What is so damn frustrating is will that talent be coached well enough to win the division.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter.

In this case, we've been exiled from B1G relevance and are being guided by the shade of Zabel, and the FootballScoop rumor made us walk through purgatory while Ferentz supporters are stinging our feet and we just saw a giant three-headed dog saying "pape Lauterbur pape Lauterbur aleppe." We've just stepped through purgatory and into the gates of football hell.

It will be a long time before we meet our Beatrice and become enlightened.

You can probably chalk it up to rhabdo.
I talked to a parent of an Iowa player that was getting ready for the draft last year. Parent said and I quote "once he gets on the right supplements, he should have a great pro workout". I asked him what he meant and he said "Iowa is too afraid of law suits". He didn't directly mention Rhabdo but when you look at the obvious physical differences in Iowa football 2014 vs Iowa football pre-Rhabdo, I think it's telling. My 2 cents and NO, I will not name the player/father.

I swear someone said this was gonna happen months ago..

:)

You kind of danced around the edges, and didn't really seem convinced yourself. Are you more convinced now??

No. I'm not sure he knows.

I agree it's sketchy. I almost didn't post it, but I think considering who it came from.. That I would. Possibly against my better judgement lol.

the person they said is doing the selling is mind blowing. I don't personally believe it bc if KF is gone, then that person would in all likelihood be gone as well.

With rare exception two star recruits rarely make a positive impact on the field. There is a reason they are not highly regarded.

One such 2-star was Russell Wilson. I posted the link to his Rivals HS report; he was a 2-star coming out of HS. And the QB from Kansas St had no ranking at all - no stars. He was an all-state QB in Iowa from Council Bluffs St. Albert. They do happen. It's just hard to build your program entirely on such recruits.

It is someone on the staff that was telling kids and other people this. It's unfair to both myself and the source to reveal much more..

In one of the presser's at the beginning of the year KF said Mary wants him to retire. Maybe that's it. I don't see KF being forced out, not yet. A mutually agreed upon reduced buyout is possible.

I talked to a parent of an Iowa player that was getting ready for the draft last year. Parent said and I quote "once he gets on the right supplements, he should have a great pro workout". I asked him what he meant and he said "Iowa is too afraid of law suits". He didn't directly mention Rhabdo but when you look at the obvious physical differences in Iowa football 2014 vs Iowa football pre-Rhabdo, I think it's telling. My 2 cents and NO, I will not name the player/father.

If there is someone that knows what they are talking about it's players parents...

It is someone on the staff that was telling kids and other people this. It's unfair to both myself and the source to reveal much more..

Is that responsible for someone to be telling the players this information? That would be a good way to start a mass exodus via transfers and also cause recruiting failures. It would make your job as a coach that much more difficult. Why would you tell anyone this, even if it were true?

Latest posts