FootballScoop

Kirk is not a dumb man. He knows the frustration is at its highest level in his 16-year tenure. Part of me still thinks that Kirk will sit down with Gary and they will reach some type of agreement that let's Kirk walk away with a nice chunk of money - without being fired.

I know some posters say Kirk thumbs his nose at the fans, etc. But truly, Kirk is a sensitive guy. We have heard him get emotional on the sidelines on more than one occasion. For Kirk, the person, this has to eat at him. After 16 years of living a pretty good life in Iowa City to now have the natives calling for his head. He's human. He has to feel it.

That's why I still bellieve Kirk and Gary will reach some type of agreement that still gives Kirk enough money to live 10 lifetimes while also still maintaining a legacy at Iowa.

Personally, I hate seeing it come to this. Because I know the type of person Kirk is. He is genuine, and he has done great things for Iowa. That being said, it's just time for a change. Not next year. Not in two years. Now. The toothpaste is out of the tube and you can't put it back in.

Bringing Kirk back ... bringing the same staff back ... will only add fuel to the raging fire.

You really put this well. At the end of the day, its sad.

Kirk can see what's going on better than we do and probably before we do. However his job is not to complain about it. His job is to address it. I think he tried to address it with these new staff. However it didn't work out. He's not going to throw anyone under the bus to make himself feel better.

********. A trainwreck was where the program was when Hayden Fry retired. It isnt there yet. A few more years? maybe. Not right now.

Wrong. not even close.

Cupboard bare talent-wise... ok. But the program was on an entirely different level than when he took over in 1979...in so many ways. Just needed players.

if you're under 40, I don't expect you to grasp that...for a variety of reasons.

But you're just plain wrong.

********. A trainwreck was where the program was when Hayden Fry retired. It isnt there yet. A few more years? maybe. Not right now.

The program was ranked as recently as 24 months before Hayden retired. It's been more than twice that long since Kirk's program has been ranked. And that train wreck you refer to provided Kirk with many of the players needed for the T.Tech victory and for the 2002 season.

The host said he had a “guy in Iowa he talks toâ€￾ contact him, asking if he had also heard that Kirk and Iowa were going to come to a mutual agreement and part ways. The host reached out to several sources in the program who declined to comment. Then he reached out to someone close to Kirk who said he thinks its time for Kirk to move on, and that he believes Kirk knows that, but that he’s not sure Kirk is ready. Also, the source said that “you don’t want to be where you aren’t wanted.â€￾ The host seemed really intrigued by the whole situation. No mention of coordinators the whole time.

The Ferentz camp is good at starting rumors. At least we know that he isn't trying to get a contract extension and a raise.

I predict now. We either see an announcement very soon of a mutual agreement walk away for kf or it happens at the end of next year. Kf is not here after next year.

Heck if I know lol. I hear little bits and pieces, not the whole thing. I know a little more that I really want to tell you guys, but by doing so I'd really violate the trust I have from the source and I don't wanna get them in any trouble... because they would be in a lot of it.

And still no comment from IOWAHOCKS23 regarding his "source" that KF is stepping down? But he doesn't want to get into trouble with his source...LMAO!!

And still no comment from IOWAHOCKS23 regarding his "source" that KF is stepping down? But he doesn't want to get into trouble with his source...LMAO!!

Yeah, I'm sleeping with her so... definitely not getting in trouble with her or getting her in trouble. Sorry.

Mass transfers are coming.

Any day now.

Just around the corner.

Trust me I know things.

Massively mass transfers.

Derp

Can you say with 100% certainty there won’t be? At the very least they’ll shift people around.
I can say with 99.9% probability that there won't be any changes. That's what that whole stupid press conference was about a few weeks back. Refusing to believe it at this point is like those clowns that deny we actually landed on the moon. And who exactly are they going to shift where? Brian F to LBs? Greg Davis to safeties?

"Refusing to believe it at this point is like those clowns that deny we actually landed on the moon."

A moon landing believer....haha......what a loyal little patriot you are!!

Latest posts