FootballScoop

i have been following these guys for a couple years on twitter. they are as legit as they come. it doesn't mean KF is leaving but if they heard something then it is a possibility. I am sure Kirk is considering a lot right now. Hopefully if he decides to leave it happens soon so Iowa has a chance at hiring a good coach and good recruiter.

Tonight was the first time I listened. Good stuff. They both came across as professional and legit. You could tell by how they phrased their sentences that they were being careful to divulge info without divulging the source.

Tonight was the first time I listened. Good stuff. They both came across as professional and legit. You could tell by how they phrased their sentences that they were being careful to divulge info without divulging the source.

Exactly the vibe i have received from them over the years. They sometimes hint at things like this and then break the story a week later. They obviously treat their sources with respect and have a great network. Again, it doesn't mean KF is gone but it means there is chance he realizes its time to rethink some major things or walk away.

To me, this is the best its going to be for Kirk to walk away. Walk away now, keep your legacy in tact. Stay, and maybe you can turn it around one more time but have to change your fundamental beliefs. I believe that to be hard for any 60 year old to do regardless of business. Barta hiring the next coach definitely makes me nervous though.....

Exactly the vibe i have received from them over the years. They sometimes hint at things like this and then break the story a week later. They obviously treat their sources with respect and have a great network. Again, it doesn't mean KF is gone but it means there is chance he realizes its time to rethink some major things or walk away.

To me, this is the best its going to be for Kirk to walk away. Walk away now, keep your legacy in tact. Stay, and maybe you can turn it around one more time but have to change your fundamental beliefs. I believe that to be hard for any 60 year old to do regardless of business. Barta hiring the next coach definitely makes me nervous though.....

Yes, this is just a talking point / rumor at this point. But it is a valid talking point. Does kf really want to put up with the scrutiny any longer? He's already proven that he is a good HC, during his time. But he's also proven, up to now, that he isn't willing to allow the necessary changes needed for the program to rebound.

Yes, this is just a talking point / rumor at this point. But it is a valid talking point. Does kf really want to put up with the scrutiny any longer? He's already proven that he is a good HC, during his time. But he's also proven, up to now, that he isn't willing to allow the necessary changes needed for the program to rebound.

Kirk should see that shot to the head he took, as the Universe sending him a message. But knowing him... that ain't gonna happen.

A very soft rumor at this point. Not alot of steam. It would gain back alot of respect I lost for KF in the last few years if he made a mutual agreement to step down.

A very soft rumor at this point. Not alot of steam. It would gain back alot of respect I lost for KF in the last few years if he made a mutual agreement to step down.

If he were to walk away ,his legacy would be intact and he would always be welcome with open arms and there would be nothing but good memories when he and Mary came back.

In my dream world, I am wishing that Kirk has enough integrity for himself and for the program to sit down with Gary and reach a mutual agreement to walk away. The flames are too strong at this point to come back for another season. I struggle because I like Kirk as a person and he is as genuine as they come. That being said, it's simply a time for a change... Now. Don't wait until next season. The time is here... And the time is now.

Now you ha e us all exited and dreaming... So what happens if it does come to fruition and lets just say Bielima and all stoops family say no... Where do we honestly go? Diaco is not D1 material. Is there a young cat that is fierce on the recruiting front and sharp as a tac? Everything I saw from Butch Jones is what i want. He was sharp, well spoken, clearly had the team prepared, and is a sensational recruiter.

I could see the reasoning behind his consideration of stepping down or not. The man has basically been "Iowa" since the days of Hayden. Regardless of the type of job, industry, occupation, etc., being around for so long you become attached and becomes a part of your personal/daily life. I had second thoughts when I was about to retire knowing that I could do 10 more years easily, but after much deliberation I knew in my heart that it was best for the corps and to allow the next up and comers to take over.

Why continue in something that you are not 100% invested in? I'm not saying that he's not but I'd say that I was only 85% in and knew that it wouldn't be the right thing to do if I stuck around. Unfortunately most do not follow this path.

If he were to walk away ,his legacy would be intact and he would always be welcome with open arms and there would be nothing but good memories when he and Mary came back.

True. He deserves to have that.

By the same token, if he doesn't step down...it also gives credence to the very criticisms that would undermine his legacy. So he's making his own bed...so to speak.

Now you ha e us all exited and dreaming... So what happens if it does come to fruition and lets just say Bielima and all stoops family say no... Where do we honestly go? Diaco is not D1 material. Is there a young cat that is fierce on the recruiting front and sharp as a tac? Everything I saw from Butch Jones is what i want. He was sharp, well spoken, clearly had the team prepared, and is a sensational recruiter.

Pretty much what I was thinking. I think BB is a straight up no. Stoops maybe if we acted fast. Other than that I have no idea.

It was reported on a weekly radio show out of Baton Rouge. It was reported from a "source close to KF." So, if you think Tirrell is close to KF, have at it.

Wouldn't you think Tirrell would be closer to anyone or anything involving the Iowa program than someone or something in Baton Rouge?

Last edited:
-------Does kf really want to put up with the scrutiny any longer?

My gosh....what scrutiny has he really had to put up with so far? I sure hope that you are not referring to marsh mellow softball questions from the Iowa media or Gestapo type caller screening at KF's weekly shows. He has NO IDEA what scrutiny is if he thinks he is/has been treated unfairly!

You all got my heart racing...doubt anything comes of it, but if so, what is a fair step down severance 8, 10? Stoops may be ripe for picking, although I'd prefer BB, but he has just built his program at Ark to the point of spinning heads next year...I'd still go after him first if it came to be.

Time for Barta to open up the checkbook if we're going to lure somebody like Stoops or BB.

Maybe a 2nd mortgage on the boathouse.

KF is not stepping down. Not unless BF did not think he had it in himself to lead the Hawkeyes(down the road). But I see BF as a competitor. So, I no way see him backing down from any challenge. Thus, not a chance that KF leaves.

Latest posts