Fleming's a Hawkeye!

Re: Fleming Commits to Iowa...

Can someone post his Junior stats for me? His videos don't provide much excitement, sorry.

Reportedly knocked down 8 three pointers in a pickup game with some Hawks this weekend.......not bad. Sounds like he's anxious to aid in the recruiting of other notable candidates he has acquainted himself with over the last several years in AAU, camps, events, etc.

Fran continues pioneering the return of the Iowa program........catching his share of arrows as he builds but eventually getting the land

Were they transition buckets from Uthoff swatting Atwood and passing it up to Flemming on the break? These pickup games are legendary.

who cares about his highlight vids

fran offered him before the summer evaluation period: that means he was a first line recruit, and he committed immediately.

at the end of his first year, fran talked about "roles" (the vid where marge gives him the wink at the end): lockdown guy, shooter, rebounder, slasher, point. he's got his first choice for lockdown and shooter.

no one has ever questioned fran's eye for talent, and he got the two guys he wanted. add two bigs and a point and this class is set.

if fran gets sehic, some numb nuts will complain that he isn't "athletic," never mind that he's a load under the basket and fires some kevin-love style outlets.

Good article and thanks for sharing. He sounds like another good ambassador like Trey. Fran pushed all the right buttons. I'm sure Fran has another surprise before fall starts.

who cares about his highlight vids

fran offered him before the summer evaluation period: that means he was a first line recruit, and he committed immediately.

at the end of his first year, fran talked about "roles" (the vid where marge gives him the wink at the end): lockdown guy, shooter, rebounder, slasher, point. he's got his first choice for lockdown and shooter.

no one has ever questioned fran's eye for talent, and he got the two guys he wanted. add two bigs and a point and this class is set.

if fran gets sehic, some numb nuts will complain that he isn't "athletic," never mind that he's a load under the basket and fires some kevin-love style outlets.

I do remember that Wink, Palmetto, and this is a very big step for Fran and the program....

:cool:

Good article and thanks for sharing. He sounds like another good ambassador like Trey. Fran pushed all the right buttons. I'm sure Fran has another surprise before fall starts.

He does sound like another recruiting demon like Trey. The recruits seem to love Fran and the Hawks. This is a very good thing, Lao, as you know.....

Thanks for the excellent article, Dean, Andrew sounds very articulate and intelligent. I imagine Marge gave Fran another wink after Andrew's decision.....

Love his attitude. He wants to help us get to the top tier in the Big and beyond, and I really like the way the team is shaping up. I can feel the tremors of fear from the Big coaches, one can smell the fear....

I really liked this from Andrew.....

"I'm really not completely sure how it's happened but of the players rated from 1-200 (in the '15 class), I probably know 80-85 percent of those kids. If you look in my phone, you can see all of these (numbers from) big names I have stored in there. I'm friends with them. They have Iowa on their list but wouldn't make that jump to go out and see it because they don't know much about it, kind of the like the way it was for me for a long time. I think most players want to go somewhere where there's great support from the coaches and fans and that's what you get at Iowa. We just have to get the word out," Fleming said.

Aren't these guys aware of what's happened at Iowa? We lost 7 of our last 8 this season. Fran can't coach or recruit and the sky is falling. What are all of these early verbal commits thinking? (sarcasm alert)

Aren't these guys aware of what's happened at Iowa? We lost 7 of our last 8 this season. Fran can't coach or recruit and the sky is falling. What are all of these early verbal commits thinking? (sarcasm alert)
Early commitments don't mean anything. I'm not going to sit here cheering that we have got these commitments, because the tough part isn't getting them, it's keeping them. Say in the unlikely situation that these recruits become top 100- top 50 guys, and the likely situation that Iowa finishes something like 19-15 next year, and Fran still holds onto them? That will show me something.

I really hope these recruits realize most of the posts lambasting Fran's recruiting results and quality of his commits are from a very narrow group of Hawkeye fans... The ones that spend WAY too much time on these forums. Then they go to the other Hawkeye boards and post the exact same stuff.

I'm very happy with the job Fran is doing and the way he has made Hawkeye basketball fun again. I really haven't read too many posts that are negative towards Fleming, and I'm happy to see that. Mr. Basketball in the state of Tennessee is a VERY good player, and a great commit, regardless of number ranking or star ratings.

Welcome to the Hawkeyes, Andrew!

Early commitments don't mean anything. I'm not going to sit here cheering that we have got these commitments, because the tough part isn't getting them, it's keeping them. Say in the unlikely situation that these recruits become top 100- top 50 guys, and the likely situation that Iowa finishes something like 19-15 next year, and Fran still holds onto them? That will show me something.

Would you be ******** if he'd committed to Florida or UNLV, because Fran failed to close the deal yet again? After all, early commitments don't mean anything and it's not over until they sign the dotted line.

Would you be ******** if he'd committed to Florida or UNLV, because Fran failed to close the deal yet again? After all, early commitments don't mean anything and it's not over until they sign the dotted line.

No, I'd be saying we never wanted him in the first place, and I'd probably make up a rumor about JO owning him in a 3 on 3 game at the field house.

didn't make it up, t

may be some down the line hyperbole, but the bottom line was atwood wasn't anything special in his pickup game with the scholarship guys

(nor did I ever claim we didn't want him in the first place; I always said he'd be useful, not a star but a kid who could solidify the frontcourt rotation. he would have been a nice get, but if he didn't want to work for a starting spot....)

just enjoy the commit from a top 200 player who will be going to oak hill, will ya?

Nobody caresssss

Latest posts