Fleck talks National Championship

------Passive Iowa fans?

Yup, that's what I said....message board posters aside. If we were really that passionate, we would have stormed the Presidents yard after 2014 like the fans at Michigan did a couple years ago.

-------In all seriousness, what he went through was a really tough ordeal I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

What did Fleck go through?

Is this serious? You've been slobbing his knob and you don't even know his tragedy story?

Talks cheap but he had WMU getting the top ranked recruiting classes in his conference. He will recruit to Minny, you can bank that.

I think we have many in our fan base unwilling to look at this situation objectively. Fleck will work his ass off recruiting and selling that program- that seems undeniable. In our world many of us like Fran in basketball for that very same trait which stands out even with some of his other limitations. It can seem easy to get caught up in the hype with Fleck given his energy and the way he comes across. He also seems like a guy easy to dismiss as the flavor of the month.

I watched his press conference and came away rather impressed while at the same time thinking that we just have to give it some time to see how things work out in reality. I like the fact that he seems unique and does things his way without worrying about what people will think about him. Minnesota needs a guy who can bring people together given that the players and administration seem at odds with each other and Fleck seems to fit that bill. He sets high expectations and I don't think you can fault him for that. I think many of us would like to see that attitude at Iowa.

From what I can gather Minnesota plans to put money into upgrading their training facilities and like it or not we may have a new force to reckon with north of our border.

If Minny even sniffed a NC he would be gone. He's a climber and this is a step only. I guarantee he won't be there in 3 years. Either fired or leave for something better.

Reactions: trj
While our boys were getting our asses handed to us...again, his team was competitive in a NY6 bowl. Iowa has never been competitive in a NY6 bowl.

I agree iowas performance in big bowls is abysmal, but they did win the orange bowl in 2009.

PJ did what he had to do. Sell the program and get some headlines. Gophers are a complete afterthought in the TC area behind all the pro teams except for the Wolves. They can't even get 50,000 people to come and watch their best team since 2003.

Like most B1G HCs he'll out-recruit Ferentz and out-coach him on the field. Hopefully Iowa's developmental program is much better than the one PJ will have at Minnesota.

PJ did what he had to do. Sell the program and get some headlines. Gophers are a complete afterthought in the TC area behind all the pro teams except for the Wolves. They can't even get 50,000 people to come and watch their best team since 2003.

Like most B1G HCs he'll out-recruit Ferentz and out-coach him on the field. Hopefully Iowa's developmental program is much better than the one PJ will have at Minnesota.

The pro element seems the one factor that makes Minnesota seem like a less than ideal landing spot for Fleck. He seems plenty intelligent enough to have weighed that in making his decision and ultimately as he said he had to chase his dream. I like the fact that he likes walking into the fire and seems attracted to overcoming the challenges he will face.

In some ways Minnesota has always seemed like a sleeping giant. The Twin Cities area has some talent and it represents a beautiful area to recruit kids to with the added bonus of the Minnesota campus sitting in an urban setting and rather nice city. Things have to come together for Minnesota to reach the next level as far as commitment from the university, the right coach, etc. and it appears they may have that in place. Where this goes seems anybody's guess but for sure it won't seem boring.

The guy had one good year at a MAC school and when they played a team with a heartbeat they got crushed. Reminds me of every other flash in the pan coach like Turner Gill and the rest. Talk is real cheap.

------Passive Iowa fans?

Yup, that's what I said....message board posters aside. If we were really that passionate, we would have stormed the Presidents yard after 2014 like the fans at Michigan did a couple years ago.

-------In all seriousness, what he went through was a really tough ordeal I wouldn't wish that on anyone

What did Fleck go through?

How do you not know his story, it's been huge news since he's been in the spotlight the last 2 years as an up and comer? It's mentioned in almost every interview he's in.

Hey, did you see where his goal is Nat'l Championships though...it's gonna be Yuuuuggggeee

The guy had one good year at a MAC school and when they played a team with a heartbeat they got crushed. Reminds me of every other flash in the pan coach like Turner Gill and the rest. Talk is real cheap.
Got crushed? Haha, wow I hate to think what you thought NW did to us. And one good year? You do realize he went 7-5 the year before with losses to 2 top 5 ranked teams in the non-con right? It's not like he schedules North Dakota State or Iowa State for that matter.

The 2nd wife looks like the 1st wife with lots of plastic surgery. Like he knew what he wanted and his wife went along.

I like the fact that he is fiery and ballsy. Shoot, what do we have? The exact opposite.

------I agree iowas performance in big bowls is abysmal, but they did win the orange bowl in 2009.

Sure they did...against a D1 commuter college.

------I agree iowas performance in big bowls is abysmal, but they did win the orange bowl in 2009.

Sure they did...against a D1 commuter college.

Well that lil ol D1 commuter college was 10-2 ACC Champions... Won the Orange Bowl, but might as well bash it right?

By passive, did you mean passive aggressive? That's how I would classify most of your posts...

Got crushed? Haha, wow I hate to think what you thought NW did to us. And one good year? You do realize he went 7-5 the year before with losses to 2 top 5 ranked teams in the non-con right? It's not like he schedules North Dakota State or Iowa State for that matter.
Oh boy! 7-5!!! With loses to the two best teams they faced. I guess they did beat #24 Toledo that year. Coached by non other than the soup man who is now in Ames lol. Man I guess I was wrong, he is an AMAZING coach! Btw Iowa played against him in 2013 and blew him out of the stadium.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...en-gophers-hire-pj-fleck-replace-tracy-claeys

What did I tell you people just yesterday. Look what Fleck says in the first TEN seconds of his press conference....something Ferments has NEVER talked about in 18 years....a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! Then he goes on to stress recruiting....something Ferments gives lip service to, but largely ignores. Even if the guy is unable to deliver, he has passion and drive....you do have to give the guy that. We have NOTHING to look forward to....this clip makes me soooo jealous of the programs who don't stay idle just for the sake of doing the "right thing" or "staying the course". D1 football is a business....you can't always fear the unknown. Barta knows only one side of it...profit. But as long as the money flows in, and zombies continue to file into Kinnick, he doesn't give two shits about achieving at the highest level....and if his boss doesn't, then why should Ferments. "Hey, if 7-5 is good enough for my boss, then why should I worry about busting my ass out on the recruiting trail.....and why put undue pressure on myself mentioning a National Championship when nobody else is putting pressure on me to do so."

Blah blah blah.. You hot a major rager for Mr PJ Fleck! I'm guessing will have much to look back on. lmao!!!

Oh boy! 7-5!!! With loses to the two best teams they faced. I guess they did beat #24 Toledo that year. Coached by non other than the soup man who is now in Ames lol. Man I guess I was wrong, he is an AMAZING coach! Btw Iowa played against him in 2013 and blew him out of the stadium.
Yeah his first year...wonder how many teams KF beat his first year at the helm.

-------Yeah his first year...wonder how many teams KF beat his first year at the helm.

You mean Ferments first year when he showed up in Iowa City two (2) full months after being hired?