Fleck postgame

Spin it any which way you want, snake oil.

Your penalty cost your team the game.

Like the Cleveland Browns, Fleck and Minnesota still have a couple things to learn about being a winning front runner.

His penalty cost them 15 yards, that was it. Without the penalty Iowa still gets the ball at like the 7 yard line, with Fleck's penalty Iowa gets it at the 22. Iowa's penalty was after the play, so change of possession happened already, Iowa ball no matter if Fleck gets a penalty or not.

His penalty cost them 15 yards, that was it. Without the penalty Iowa still gets the ball at like the 7 yard line, with Fleck's penalty Iowa gets it at the 22. Iowa's penalty was after the play, so change of possession happened already, Iowa ball no matter if Fleck gets a penalty or not.
I can't believe Belton's late hit was ruled a dead ball penalty. I saw Colorado keep a drive alive against Nebraska last year (and win the game) in almost the exact same scenario. But since they ruled a dead ball hit I need to backpedal a bit.

I still think Kirk outcoached PJ. When our backs and receivers had the ball in their hands they were getting extra yardage early but allowing overaggressive tacklers to pass by and take themselves out of the play. We batted down several slant passes early. The team and staff obviously saw these in the film's and worked on them in practice.

I can't believe Belton's late hit was ruled a dead ball penalty. I saw Colorado keep a drive alive against Nebraska last year (and win the game) in almost the exact same scenario. But since they ruled a dead ball hit I need to backpedal a bit.

I still think Kirk outcoached PJ. When our backs and receivers had the ball in their hands they were getting extra yardage early but allowing overaggressive tacklers to pass by and take themselves out of the play. We batted down several slant passes early. The team and staff obviously saw these in the film's and worked on them in practice.

The only reason that you can even give Belton a penalty there is saying it was a late hit after the play was dead. So yeah dead ball penalty, it was 100% a dead ball penalty.

The only dif in this game and the 3 losses was an early running game. KF coa he'd no better.or worse.

The only dif in this game and the 3 losses was an early running game. KF coa he'd no better.or worse.
Not sure about that. We were clearly agressive early, attack mode, not settling. Goodson and Tracy made great individual plays on their TD's.

Only when we got bottled up at the end of the first half did we resort to a more cautious mode. Then continued it for most of the second half.
When we got deep on our last scoring drive Kirk was clearly playing for three points, like he has much of the year. Those pass patterns on goal to go were designed more to prevent the pick than to apply the dagger, and Goodson obviously wasn't available. In fact, given the mishandled snap on the earlier extra point, I was imploring Kirk to just kick the damn field goal in third down and get it over with.

Anything that happens after the ball hits the ground is considered dead and after the fact. Iowa's ball either way.
Nebraska's fourth down penalty against Colorado last year must have been in a live ball situation. I thought it was an incomplete pass that day. I'd have to go back and check it out.

It was still humorous. Nebby had that game won. It set the tone for their 0-6 start.

Fleck is a total douche. I'm not quite sure what he's trying to do? Anytime one of his players didn't get up quickly he was on the field. I think he would make a better trainer than coach with some of the decisions he made.

I always try to give coaches the benefit of the doubt in a press conference...it's emotional, it's right after a tough game with a rival...and your team was undefeated. I get that is a tough time to evaluate anything.

However, his insistence that Johnson was motionless...that the Belton hit, however stupid, was some knock out blow, was ridiculous. Johnson acted the reaction to the hit to get the penalty...Belton hit him...I'm not arguing that...but Johnson sold the penalty too...and it was a penalty. It wasn't a head blow though.

Fleck's run onto the field was to ensure a penalty was called...and it turns out he created one for himself. Douche move.

The waving to keep Morgan down was interesting...but I think Morgan was hurt....AJ landed on him hard...and Morgan was feeling it. I think he was willing...but he was hurting.

I always try to give coaches the benefit of the doubt in a press conference...it's emotional, it's right after a tough game with a rival...and your team was undefeated. I get that is a tough time to evaluate anything.
I think just the opposite. After the game is the perfect time to get a read of what a coach is really like. You get to see the real person since he has only had a few minutes to discipline himself.

That interview reinforced that PJ Fleck is a canoe.

lol...Fleck was on the field so fast that there was NO WAY he would have been able to tell his player was laying on the ground motionless before he went on to the field.

However, his insistence that Johnson was motionless...that the Belton hit, however stupid, was some knock out blow, was ridiculous. Johnson acted the reaction to the hit to get the penalty...Belton hit him...I'm not arguing that...but Johnson sold the penalty too...and it was a penalty. It wasn't a head blow though.

Fleck's run onto the field was to ensure a penalty was called...and it turns out he created one for himself. Douche move.

The waving to keep Morgan down was interesting...but I think Morgan was hurt....AJ landed on him hard...and Morgan was feeling it. I think he was willing...but he was hurting.

My guess is he could tell his qb was hurt so he needed him to go down as fast as possible instead of letting more seconds run off before going down. You don't tell your starting qb to go down and fake an injury.

Me either. He was letting up and it didn't end up being that hard of a hit. IMO.

Jfc, we all know Fleck is a tool bag. His schtick isn't for everyone. Don't we all get this? F, Jim Tressel saw it from day 1, can't we all see it?

Me either. He was letting up and it didn't end up being that hard of a hit. IMO.
Once the ball hits the ground, everything after is considered "dead ball."

And, the call was 100% correct. Belton had more than enough time to lay off. He'd been picked on and burned all game. My guess is that was some frustration coming through. Frosh mistake. He'll learn.