Fitz In The Pitz

And now this

Wow, that is some really sick shit. Fitz is history.

Wondering if stuff like this happens other places in college football
Pedo St had a similar issue a few years ago but since it was Micah parsons being accused the coaches protected the star player and had 20 some kids transfer or something.

CNN report says NW President backed off and said the suspension of Fitz “may” have been a mistake. He plans to meet with the Board. Good idea.

A former Northwestern football player who came forward with allegations of widespread hazing within the program spoke Sunday with university president Michael Schill, who is considering harsher discipline for coach Pat Fitzgerald.

It will be hard fire a coach unless there is undoubtable evidence that he was aware it was going on. The fact that they are considering a stricter punishment would seem to indicate that maybe the coaching staff was aware of it. It Fritz did know about it and let it go on then I will agree with those of you who feel he will likely be dismissed as the head coach.

I saw a report on abc news that stated that fifty coaches were interviewed. Football programs have fifty coaches??? I had no idea that, that many coaches are involved in college football programs. That seems outrageously high. Maybe other sports program coaches were interviewed to see if they heard or seen anything since they are in the sports facilities on a regular basis. I can't imagine that fifty coaches would be involved with just the football program.

There is NO WAY he or the other coaches didn't know about it though. They know ALL the ins and outs of their programs and they are control freaks.

Think about it. They have hundreds of players a year and he has coached there all these years, second in years only to Ferentz. You can't tell me one freshman or any players never spoke to him about this. NO WAY.

Looks like I had a better weekend then Fitz geez. Wonder what the odds are he's coaching week 1. Media days just got interesting.

Last edited:
Looks like I had a better weekend then Fitz geez. Wonder what the odds are he's coaching week 1. Media days just got interesting.
The latest is that a current player has come forward saying another player told him he had a plan to get Fitz fired. This is all driven by this one player.

The latest is that a current player has come forward saying another player told him he had a plan to get Fitz fired. This is all driven by this one player.
Yikes. Good luck untangling this web then investigators. All of a sudden anonymous player won't be able to stay that way much longer then.

But there are also reports out there that other former players and coaches have confirmed the car wash and the Shrek board.

NW is in for a long road on this front.

Yikes. Good luck untangling this web then investigators. All of a sudden anonymous player won't be able to stay that way much longer then.
There's speculation on the NW board (yes they have one) but people are stopping short of naming him. They won't even do initials as they are several players on the team with those initials.

There's speculation on the NW board (yes they have one) but people are stopping short of naming him. They won't even do initials as they are several players on the team with those initials.
I'm sure it'll come out soon enough. If the team is split 98% to 2% against the accusers they won't be able to stay anonymous very easily I wouldn't think. Not that it is I have no clue. This whole thing will just be interesting to see play out and how fast does it.

There's the angle of what'd the school all know and when of course too. If they sat on this and tried to brush it under the rug or not. Not sure how transparent they have to be since they are private and all that. That two week suspension was a joke though if say Fitz should be held responsible that's for sure...

I know this will hit close to home, but to me, the longer someone stays at a school, the more weird and shitty culture they produce. I just think of Paterno, or what happened at Iowa, now with NW. Keeping someone in power for that long almost like a king or some shit really opens itself up to fucking weird behavior that isn't normal to anyone else on the outside of said kingdom.

in the comments of another article on The Athletic this point of view was posted.

View attachment 10182
Interesting take. I guess I'm in the minority because I can guarantee getting dry humped by masked teammates as punishment for poor play is something I'd never been exposed to or ever even thought occured in sports. Where da fuq did Mike S. play his ball at? Prison?