Fire Levar Woods

OR WE CAN MAKE BEYER GET A PART TIME JOB AND REIMBURSE EVERYONE WHO PAID FOR A TICKET THAT NIGHT THE COST OF THEIR TICKET AND THEN HAND WRITE AN APOLOGY LETTER TO EACH AND EVERY MEMBER OF THE TEAM, EVERY FAN AT THE GAME AND EVERY FAN WATCHING ON TV. IF YOU JUST KICK GUYS OFF THE TEAM, THE LESSON ISN'T REALLY LEARNED BY THE REST OF THE TEAM AND IT DOESN'T ADDRESS THE RESTITUTION ISSUE WITH THE FAN BASE.

This is laughable. Post of the year if it sarcasm and God have mercy on your sole if it was serious.

PRETTY HARD TO SAY THAT WHEN THERE WAS A SEARCH COMMITTEE THAT DID NOT CONTAIN KIRK AND KIRK HAS RECUSED HIMSELF FROM ALL DECISIONS INVOLVING BRIAN.
Search committee my ass! Gutless Gary sold you that lie and you believed it?????! LMFAO! That's the funniest thing I've heard this month! This thread is full of comedy. I love it.

In high school we were coached to fall on any loose punt.

You can bench someone all you want from a mistake there is no guarantee that teaches them anything. Or you can address it. Show the player the tape. Break down the mistake. Talk about the keys that Beyer should have been reading to be aware of what was happening. We could just kick Beyer off of the team and then replace him with some other young inexperienced guy and kick him off the team when he makes a mistake too.
Agreed. I wouldn't bench the players for those mistakes. It's poor coaching. Just like it was last season when our special teams were poor. Just like it's going to be next season, when we have poor special teams play again.

if an 8th grader does the same shit, that 8th grader is on the bench for the rest of the season. That is drilled into you from early on in middle school. NEVER TOUCH A PUNT AFTER IT HAS CROSSED THE LOS.
If you've seen somebody benched for an ENTIRE season because of an on-field mistake, that coach needs to be fired, because that teaches the kid absolutely nothing other than the coach is a world-class douchebag and they'd be better off not playing.

Shit like this makes me glad most of you aren't actually coaches.
Agreed. I wouldn't bench the players for those mistakes. It's poor coaching. Just like it was last season when our special teams were poor. Just like it's going to be next season, when we have poor special teams play again.
Before Saturday there was a significant improvement in both the return AND punt teams, as well as kickoff return being solid for the past few years. Woods is not responsible for two mistakes by individuals.

If you've seen somebody benched for an ENTIRE season because of an on-field mistake, that coach needs to be fired, because that teaches the kid absolutely nothing other than the coach is a world-class douchebag and they'd be better off not playing.

Shit like this makes me glad most of you aren't actually coaches.

Before Saturday there was a significant improvement in both the return AND punt teams, as well as kickoff return being solid for the past few years. Woods is not responsible for two mistakes by individuals.

LaVar Woods might be making the mistake of approaching his job like a former professional. Which could easily explain the break down in fundamentals. Professionals/ former professionals achieved what they did because they payed attention to the details and worked hard to master the fundamentals. It's the mental part of the game that set them apart from other athletes and made them successful professionals. It's hard for some to coach kids that don't have that same attention to details. They just assume all division 1 athletes have that same attention to detail. It's one of the first lessons I learned in coaching and I had to learn it the hard way too. It blew my mind how much of the basic, fundamental parts of the game, that I had to teach high school athletes. Athletes that had scholarship offers.

B. Ferentz wasn't gifted anything. He coached for the Patriots--does Kirk have any connections with the Patriots? No. He coached O-Line at Iowa. Does Kirk have any connections with the Iowa O-Line? No. He fought off many other quality candidates to win the OC position. Was the hiring process completely impartial? Of course! This is Iowa afterall. Give Brian a break, he's earned it.
What's funny is that almost everyone responding to you missed the dripping sarcasm from your post and called you dumb for it hahahaha. Even though I don't necessarily agree with it I can't help but laugh

Latest posts