Fire Barta, Fire Fran, fire them all.

Wow. According to many on this thread we will be better off without a guy who was selected as one of the 10 best players in the best conference in the country. Yup. And you wonder why you get taken to task by more logical posters. Were you part of the crowd who felt the same way about Peter J? How about JBO being one of the top 15 players in the BT? Should we get rid of him, too? Better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth (or your computer) and remove all doubt.

Of course I'm leaving out the Pac-12 as it completely skews the numbers to look differently than I want them to! :)

My point is that even if you do include the pathetic Pac 12, over 1/2 of P5 teams are gonna make the NCAA tournament. I'd say this probably is the case most years really, maybe some years slightly under 1/2 the P5 teams make it, and other years slightly over 1/2 the P5 teams make it.

Yeah I know...i did the same by including teams from 1 bid leagues.

Without any research I'd assume the percentage of power-5 teams that make the NCAA tournament are about the same amount that make a bowl game in football.

Wow. According to many on this thread we will be better off without a guy who was selected as one of the 10 best players in the best conference in the country. Yup. And you wonder why you get taken to task by more logical posters. Were you part of the crowd who felt the same way about Peter J? How about JBO being one of the top 15 players in the BT? Should we get rid of him, too? Better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth (or your computer) and remove all doubt.

Tyler Cook can be a beast on offense. No doubting it. However, Cook also averages 3 turnovers per game and plays zero defense. If you look at Iowa's defensive efficiency under Fran you'll see that the last 3 years have been Fran's 3 worst defensive seasons in his past 7 years.

Fran's defensive efficiency rankings at Iowa:

2019: 201
2018: 308
2017: 200

BEFORE COOK AND BOHANNON:

2016: 76
2015: 40
2014: 60
2013: 33

I conveniently left out Fran's first 2 years. However, you can clearly see that before Cook and Bohannon arrived, Iowa's defense was actually pretty good.

Will Iowa suffer on offense without Cook? Probably. Will Iowa be better on defense without Cook? Almost definitely. Will Iowa be better on defense without Cook and Bohannon? That is almost a guarantee since they can't be any worse.

Tyler Cook can be a beast on offense. No doubting it. However, Cook also averages 3 turnovers per game and plays zero defense. If you look at Iowa's defensive efficiency under Fran you'll see that the last 3 years have been Fran's 3 worst defensive seasons in his past 7 years.

Fran's defensive efficiency rankings at Iowa:

2019: 201
2018: 308
2017: 200

BEFORE COOK AND BOHANNON:

2016: 76
2015: 40
2014: 60
2013: 33

I conveniently left out Fran's first 2 years. However, you can clearly see that before Cook and Bohannon arrived, Iowa's defense was actually pretty good.

Will Iowa suffer on offense without Cook? Probably. Will Iowa be better on defense without Cook? Almost definitely. Will Iowa be better on defense without Cook and Bohannon? That is almost a guarantee since they can't be any worse.

I get your point and recognize that TC and JBO are not outstanding defenders. I am not so sure they are bad enough to account for the clear downturn in Iowa’s defense. The cause and effect is a dangerous game to play. Narrowing our poor defense down to two players does not work for me.

I get your point and recognize that TC and JBO are not outstanding defenders. I am not so sure they are bad enough to account for the clear downturn in Iowa’s defense. The cause and effect is a dangerous game to play. Narrowing our poor defense down to two players does not work for me.

Yeah I know. I'm not saying its just those two guys. But those two guys plus Moss, Baer and Maishe are the only players still left that played the last 3 years when their defense has been atrocious...and Bohannon and Cook have played the most minutes all those years. So they definitely have factored in heavily with the downturn in defensive efficiency

Yeah I know. I'm not saying its just those two guys. But those two guys plus Moss, Baer and Maishe are the only players still left that played the last 3 years when their defense has been atrocious...and Bohannon and Cook have played the most minutes all those years. So they definitely have factored in heavily with the downturn in defensive efficiency
I would suggest that Moss is part of that as well, probably goes without saying though

I would suggest that Moss is part of that as well, probably goes without saying though

Yep...and thats probably why Fran doesn't play Moss down the stretch. However, just from my eye test I don't think Moss is any worse at defense than Cook and Bohannon. Guards just blow by JBo like hes not even there. Its pretty silly actually.

Yep...and thats probably why Fran doesn't play Moss down the stretch. However, just from my eye test I don't think Moss is any worse at defense than Cook and Bohannon. Guards just blow by JBo like hes not even there. Its pretty silly actually.
I think Moss sits down the stretch because of his loose ball handling.

Yeah I know...i did the same by including teams from 1 bid leagues.

Without any research I'd assume the percentage of power-5 teams that make the NCAA tournament are about the same amount that make a bowl game in football.

Its considerably easier to make a bowl game in the big 10 than to make the tournament. Rarely are there more than 7 teams that make the tournament. Rarely are there less than 7 teams that make a bowl game.

This has been a cacophony of thought since Marble — Iowa is going to be better the next season after losing its best all-conference player.

Iowa has the only fans that think that so ... out with the settling for mediocrity argument. We’re getting better every year.

It's the over all lack of athleticism that leads to the poor team defense we have seen over the last 3 seasons.

Latest posts