Fire Barta, Fire Fran, fire them all.

Not that it would happen, but rather than throwing everything into complete chaos, I'd be happy to simply have Barta fired and bring in a new AD. That AD would have a year to evaluate the state of things and then make a decision. The buyout for Fran would go down a decent amount and guys like Cook (if he stays), JBo, and Moss would all be graduated by the end of that year (who have all been around for the debacles of the last 3 years)....but leave a decent nucleus of players for the new coach.

Wishful thinking, I know, but that's how I'd like to see it play out.

This is the right call.

I would say Iowa has a 60% chance to bring in someone who could spit out Fran/Alfraud type results. 30% chance they could bring in someone > Fran/Alfraud type results. 10% chance to get a Lick type coach.

Just because Iowa has a complete shit hire at one point doesn’t mean you never try again. I think there is a 90% chance we could stay at the level we were under Mr. Davis, Alfraud, Fran if we hired another HC, because history shows us that really. Lick is the only 1 off here.

Awe you have finally awakened. Good to see your back. I totally agree with your post.

Awe you have finally awakened. Good to see your back. I totally agree with your post.

Finally awakened? I have said since last year concluded that Fran should go. I haven't changed that, but I'm not gonna spend every waking moment bitching and moaning about Fran.

Fran, Lickliter or Alford? You choose. No Fran could easily mean another Lickliter or Alford. We aren’t getting a top tier can’t miss established guy if we make a change.
Stupid, stupid line of thinking. The flip side to your argument is; a Lute Olson, Ralph Miller, Tom Davis. You get another Lick, or Alford...you fire them. Other schools do it all the time, Barta loves mediocrity and accepts a coach that embarrasses the U of I by his behavior. And you think we can't do better?

Those of you worried about Fran's kids and Joe Touissant:

Connor: 2 years, 4.4 ppg, 20% from distance, less than 1 steal per game, 1.5 rpg
Patrick: Hasn't arrived on campus yet
Touissant: Hasn't arrived on campus yet

Why are any of you worried about three players, 2 of which haven't even played for Iowa (aren't even 4 or 5 star recruits) yet and the other has been less than impressive in his time he's gotten and may very well be more interested in baseball than basketball. You worry about losing a Bohannon, Garza, or even a Nicholas Baer. Not these guys.
I tire of your nonsensical posts.

Connor - RS Freshman...not a 2 year player...he was sick as hell last year and couldn’t even practice - 4.7 ppg - Better than 2/1 Assist to TO ratio...best on the team including JB - 75.8% from the line

Patrick - Highest rated recruit since Fran arrived...and Fran didn’t rank him nor did Hawk fans

Joe T. - Our only chance for improving our backcourt defense significantly next year...and a player who’s stock is on the rise

Sorry to ruin the fiction you posted. Okay. Not really sorry.

A coaching change is always going to lead to losing players. In this case losing Connor wouldn’t hurt at all. Patrick would be a loss longer term, but I don’t expect anything out of him next year. Joe T, you could sell more and immediate playing time, maybe you keep him maybe you don’t.

Devries was left with a bare cupboard and he did just fine at Drake. I mean to it ain’t like next years Iowa team is gonna be a lock for the NCAA’s. Heck I’d say now losing Baer and if Cook leaves this is a NIT team next year even with Patrick and Joe T.
We are usually on the same page but not this time. Losing Connor would hurt us. He has the best assist to TO ratio on the team. And we aren’t in the NCAA without him. We needed a competent backup for JB. And he’s only a freshman. He improved in high school and will do the same at Iowa. I didn’t say IMO because he has to shoot better than 17% from 3 moving forward.

Finally awakened? I have said since last year concluded that Fran should go. I haven't changed that, but I'm not gonna spend every waking moment bitching and moaning about Fran.
No, we need a new thread every other day and four after a loss. Somebody might say something new.

We are usually on the same page but not this time. Losing Connor would hurt us. He has the best assist to TO ratio on the team. And we aren’t in the NCAA without him. We needed a competent backup for JB. And he’s only a freshman. He improved in high school and will do the same at Iowa. I didn’t say IMO because he has to shoot better than 17% from 3 moving forward.

Sorry, but Connor is not a B1G point guard. Nothing against Connor, but listen to the Miller and Deace podcast and what Jon has to say about him. I am right there with him on his assessment. It isn't Connor's fault, but as long as we keep trotting out players like him at guard we will continue to be a boarderline NCAA team.

Sorry, but Connor is not a B1G point guard. Nothing against Connor, but listen to the Miller and Deace podcast and what Jon has to say about him. I am right there with him on his assessment. It isn't Connor's fault, but as long as we keep trotting out players like him at guard we will continue to be a boarderline NCAA team.
I don’t listen to those guys or anyone else’s podcast. No thanks! And I’m not saying Connor has to play 20 minutes a game. But he has a place in the rotation IMO. He’s going to get better IMO. And we aren’t dancing this year without him IMO.

If the decision is made that you don't have the correct coach leading your team I don't think that you worry about who might leave if you replace him. Fran came in and I believe that we lost Ben Burst and ??? Brain Fart, transfer to USC. My point is you don't wait if that's your decision.

When the money decides to force the University's hand I'll continue to cheer for the new Iowa coaching staff and any player staying or that comes aboard

I don’t listen to those guys or anyone else’s podcast. No thanks! And I’m not saying Connor has to play 20 minutes a game. But he has a place in the rotation IMO. He’s going to get better IMO. And we aren’t dancing this year without him IMO.

He was a slight upgrade over Brady Ellingson and Dailey at the PG position. That might be ok if Fran played him 10 MPG, but instead he plays Connor double that.

He was a slight upgrade over Brady Ellingson and Dailey at the PG position. That might be ok if Fran played him 10 MPG, but instead he plays Connor double that.
We aren’t going to agree so we’ll just agree to disagree. We’ll know for sure in a couple years..one way or the other.

I will say this in regards to something PC eluded to. Two years from now Garza will be a senior and the two Joe’s will have played together for at least a year along with the two McCaff brothers. Throw in a buffed up Pemsil and Nunge and it could be interesting.

Well some of us don’t live on the forum every day year round and likely missed your perspective on it. Like you admitted yourself that you don’t voice it every day. ;)

Well, I guess CMac is another in a long line of guys that should be playing at Mount St. Mary's, or the like. Lets get together and create a list of all of the Iowa players in the last 3 or 4 years that should never have had a minute on the floor in a BT game.

Here are a few that I recall being targeted on Hawkeye Nation: Mike Gesell, Adam Woodbury, Ryan Kriener, Jordon Bohannon (who has been blasted on HN consistently), Gabe Olasani, Zach McCabe, Nicholas Baer, Anthony Clemmons, Cordell Pemsl, Jack Nunge, Eric May. And, this year's favorite, Maishe Dailey. Look, I just want to make the point that some of the guys who have been given up as hopeless in the past have been starters, very valuable players, role players with limited abilities, etc. Sure, Josh and Brady, for example, never fulfilled the promise we hoped for. That happens. Lets just settle in and let some of this stuff play out before we start jumping to conclusions. Some have already written off the next McCaffrey.

And, if CMac had not been on the team this year, and Jbo would have been the only point guard on the team, how would that have worked out for you? Think we would have won 21 games? He is a freshman. Get it? Now, I am not saying he is the end all at point guard down the road. But, I think I will just wait and see how he progresses, or not.

How do you fire a coach who just took his team to the Dance? The end of the season has been bad but we're still in and you can't fire a coach who got his team to what the team's goal was at the beginning of the season.
There are 64 teams in the dance.
The club is not that exclusive.

There are 64 teams in the dance.
The club is not that exclusive.

Out of 353 teams....so roughly 1 in 5 teams make the dance. Granted, there are a lot of 1 bid conferences, but percentage wise a lot fewer teams make the NCAA tournament than make a bowl game in football

Latest posts