Fire Barta, Fire Fran, fire them all.

Jake Kelly didnt leave iowa because of a coaching change.
giphy.gif

Id be fine with fran getting fired but it's not gonna happen. Zero chance. Not only because of his ridiculous buyout, but he's about to make his 4th NCAA tournament in 6 years...and his fifth 20-win seasons in 7 years.

Not to mention Iowa will likely be favored to make the dance again next year. Even if cook leaves Iowa still returns 4 starters...plus gets 3 redshirts back

When we brought in Mr. Davis how many did we lose? Did the team get better when Ravelings players were being coached by someone else?

Replace Fran with a good coach and the losses will be overcome by better coaching. Of course the problem is everyone knows Barta will screw up the replacement hiring.

Us fans are literally hostages of a person who is either incompetent or corrupt or both. Doesn't feel that good. It's obvious which fans/boosters have Stockholm syndrome. Those folks are extending our term of imprisonment to indefinite.

I get most of your comments, but help me understand "corrupt."

Id be fine with fran getting fired but it's not gonna happen. Zero chance. Not only because of his ridiculous buyout, but he's about to make his 4th NCAA tournament in 6 years...and his fifth 20-win seasons in 7 years.

Not to mention Iowa will likely be favored to make the dance again next year. Even if cook leaves Iowa still returns 4 starters...plus gets 3 redshirts back

Call me crazy but with the redshirts they are going to be better without Cook.

Do the redshirts really make us any better next season? Maybe Nunge but I don't see Fredrick doing much of anything and we've already seen what Pemsl can/can't do. None of those guys adds any athleticism that's for sure.

Please tell me at 150 lbs how Patrick is going to do much of anything for our team? Can you imagine him guarding NickWard?

Do the redshirts really make us any better next season? Maybe Nunge but I don't see Fredrick doing much of anything and we've already seen what Pemsl can/can't do. None of those guys adds any athleticism that's for sure.

" if " Pemsl will play like he did against ISU this year , and personally I think he can/will if he heals up properly , I do think he will be a major contributor , his freshman year he played very well for us , sophomore year when coaching staff wanted him bulked up , between that and the lingering problem he had surgery for this year made him less than he was the year before , I know most think highly of TC and I think he is a good kid , but it sure seems like he has hurt us more than helped us on the floor , his turnovers and missed dunks are mind boggling and not being able to make a basket if he is over 3 feet away, especially when we know he is capable of so much more than we are seeing . So , I do think we could be better w/o TC . I also think with more playing time , Kriener could turn into a pretty solid player for us , also helping replace personnel from this year that probably will not be here next year ( TC )

Call me crazy but with the redshirts they are going to be better without Cook.

I thought that earlier in the season. But we lose Baer, we return the same roster otherwise that collapsed this season, and we still do not have a proven B1G PG on this team (not drawing any conclusions about Touissant until I see him play a full season). The upper classmen this year have won 19, 14, and so far 21 games this season. That's an average of 17 wins. I'm not convinced Nunge, Pemsl, Touissant, and Frederick are going to help carry Iowa much beyond that. We've been waiting for 9 years to turn the proverbial corner. If it hasn't happened in 9 years, it ain't gonna happen with this regime in place.

Out of 353 teams....so roughly 1 in 5 teams make the dance. Granted, there are a lot of 1 bid conferences, but percentage wise a lot fewer teams make the NCAA tournament than make a bowl game in football

1 in 5? I don't think so. Compare Iowa to other P5 teams. Right now Lunardi has 32 teams making it from just the ACC, SEC, Big12 and B1G. That is 32 out of the 52 teams in those conferences.

I'm not counting on Pemsl to ever be a contributor. There's only so many knee surgeries in a basketball player.

Some of you guys thinking we'll be better without Cook are the same guys who thought we'd be better without Jok. We should be better next year, simply based on the fact we have so many SRs on the roster, with or without Cook. We'd be a lot better with Cook.

1 in 5? I don't think so. Compare Iowa to other P5 teams. Right now Lunardi has 32 teams making it from just the ACC, SEC, Big12 and B1G. That is 32 out of the 52 teams in those conferences.

That doesnt make anything I said untrue.

You're also conveniently leaving out a major power conference...the pac-12

Some of you guys thinking we'll be better without Cook are the same guys who thought we'd be better without Jok. We should be better next year, simply based on the fact we have so many SRs on the roster, with or without Cook. We'd be a lot better with Cook.

I don't know if Iowa will be better overall without Cook, but losing him should make our defense better and reduce our turnovers. I'm basing that on the fact that since Cook joined the team, Iowa's defensive numbers have plummeted and their turnovers have gone through the roof. The 2 constants over the past 3 years have been Cook and Bohannon, so...

I thought that earlier in the season. But we lose Baer, we return the same roster otherwise that collapsed this season, and we still do not have a proven B1G PG on this team (not drawing any conclusions about Touissant until I see him play a full season). The upper classmen this year have won 19, 14, and so far 21 games this season. That's an average of 17 wins. I'm not convinced Nunge, Pemsl, Touissant, and Frederick are going to help carry Iowa much beyond that. We've been waiting for 9 years to turn the proverbial corner. If it hasn't happened in 9 years, it ain't gonna happen with this regime in place.

Come on man. We've turned a lot if corners in 9 years. Making a post season tournament was a corner. Getting on the bubble was a corner. Getting into the tournament was a corner. Falling back out of the tournament was a corner. Tanking an entire season was a corner. And getting back to the tournament was a corner.

Come on man. We've turned a lot if corners in 9 years. Making a post season tournament was a corner. Getting on the bubble was a corner. Getting into the tournament was a corner. Falling back out of the tournament was a corner. Tanking an entire season was a corner. And getting back to the tournament was a corner.

I do believe that's the definition of going in circles! :)

That doesnt make anything I said untrue.

You're also conveniently leaving out a major power conference...the pac-12

Of course I'm leaving out the Pac-12 as it completely skews the numbers to look differently than I want them to! :)

My point is that even if you do include the pathetic Pac 12, over 1/2 of P5 teams are gonna make the NCAA tournament. I'd say this probably is the case most years really, maybe some years slightly under 1/2 the P5 teams make it, and other years slightly over 1/2 the P5 teams make it.

Latest posts