Final San Diego roll call

Having a high porch picnic with the friends and neighbors. Supposed to be upper 40's so have a little tailgate in the driveway, maybe some bags. Smoking a ham, make some pastrami pickle wraps, cheesy potatoes and all kinds of other crap. Lots of drinks. Hopefully doing the hokey pokey after the game is over!

The weather looks awful. It honestly looks like it'll be nicer in Des Moines. Sucks as I was looking forward to some California sun.

Daughter has a BB tourney. Im hoping we dont play during the game. I really want to see KF put 2 standing TEs on the first play.

I speak the obvious, but away games and bowl games are a blast.

I've done five bowl games and have seen the Hawks at every B1G away stadium sans Nebraska. Some multiple times. I was in Indy in 2015. All fun. All worth it.

My take is you have to gear up for bowl/away games, both financially and mentally. And for me, California is a big, crowded drag. I have zero interest in spending any time or money there.

I know, bah humbug.

As I post this it is 57 and sunny in Dubuque, and we have laundry hung on the clothesline.

It is 59 at San Diego International.

Forget being nicer relative to the season. It is just plain nicer period in the Midwest.

If we were ever going to be regulated to the Pinstripe Bowl this would have been the year.

Arrived San Diego.
It is a smidge nicer than Dubuque, Ft Dodge, Council Tucky and yes even Ames.
Higher end poon tang.

Thinking about watching from the sports book. Couple bigger bets this year that the Hawks didn't cover ate up any chance of attending live. Oh well the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.
Maybe I can go get a little of it back.

Latest posts