Final San Diego roll call

I'll probably go with my son. Staying in OC, and drive down and then back up. Tickets will be bought on the spot

Not this year for me. Casually looked at flights. Should be a fun bowl with amazing weather.

Look like Thursday and part of Friday could be rainy. Luckily Saturday so far says sunny, we are staying til Sunday and plan to do a few things non bowl related on the Saturday before leaving Sunday.

You'd have to be crazy to drive from Iowa to San Diego through the Rocky Mountains in winter time. I guess you could go south through New Mexico and Arizona, but that would be a very, very long drive.

You'd have to be crazy to drive from Iowa to San Diego through the Rocky Mountains in winter time. I guess you could go south through New Mexico and Arizona, but that would be a very, very long drive.

I assume you’re dropping all the way south to I-10? Because I-40 can still be very dicey in the winter.

NM is much quicker anyway.

No it wouldnt be crazy. Just expect slowdowns. Check in advance for storms.

This would have been a golden opportunity for my Badger fan wife and me to catch TWO bowl games but...
  • We host Christmas for my aging parents and they don't have too many more of them left to enjoy
  • We have one more boy in high school
If this opportunity were to present itself five years down the road where Iowa and Wisconsin would be in the Holiday and Rose or vice versa, trust me we will be all over it. We started this fall what I hope is a long annual tradition of going around the B1G to football games. We are already targeting West Lafayette for next year's Purdue game. It would be about a five to six hour trip for us.

Hard pass. I’m going to the west coast again for a bowl, unless it’s Rose. Not a chance for the Holiday

Last edited:

Latest posts