Fever vs Liberty

Caitlin is rather a trash talker and has been making comments to the gentlewoman on the Sky team on the other end of the court on the way back down court, but the reaction was a bit over the top

I love how the defense for actions of Thomas, Carter or whomever is "it's just tough, physical, swaggering play in a big girls league".

Which is usually after the initial reaction of "bbbbbut Clark was saying mean things to her on the play before and pushes off all the time"

So, which is it? What's permitted? What isn't? Or when? It seems the goalposts move.
To be fair, the goalposts move quite a bit by Clark zealots. Hell, sometimes I think some of them don't even realize there are goalposts.

Count me as a zealot. Cause I'm a Hawk fan and I dig the long ball. But FFS, when some people say stuff like "the league needs to protect Clark".....they're not all just saying "jesus, this Taurasi-esque 'kill the rookies' thing is a little unhinged and maybe a bit out of hand". Some of them quite literally believe special rules should be put in place for Clark's benefit because Clark is bringing so much to the game.

The league needs to change because it's a lot of uninteresting basketball. Fix that first. The rest of this stuff's a distraction.

I love how the defense for actions of Thomas, Carter or whomever is "it's just tough, physical, swaggering play in a big girls league".

Which is usually after the initial reaction of "bbbbbut Clark was saying mean things to her on the play before and pushes off all the time"

So, which is it? What's permitted? What isn't? Or when? It seems the goalposts move.
To be fair, the goalposts move quite a bit by Clark zealots. Hell, sometimes I think some of them don't even realize there are goalposts.

Count me as a zealot. Cause I'm a Hawk fan and I dig the long ball. But FFS, when some people say stuff like "the league needs to protect Clark".....they're not all just saying "jesus, this Taurasi-esque 'kill the rookies' thing is a little unhinged and maybe a bit out of hand". Some of them quite literally believe special rules should be put in place for Clark's benefit because Clark is bringing so much to the game.

The league needs to change because it's a lot of uninteresting basketball. Fix that first. The rest of this stuff's a distraction.

One thing, trash talking is simply that, rather antagonistic most of the time

But one can always trash talk back, rather than putting a body on the floor

tumblr_mn61z71hUl1qln00mo1_r1_500.gif

Latest posts