Fever vs Liberty

I just can't believe how many open shots the Fever miss. They're maybe 30-33%, if it was closer to 40-45% on those, CC would average 2-2.5 more assists per game.

I just can't believe how many open shots the Fever miss. They're maybe 30-33%, if it was closer to 40-45% on those, CC would average 2-2.5 more assists per game.

Yeah, they don't even hit the rim frequently

They miss several layups a game

The Fever' s brutal early season schedule is the exact opposite of how the WNBA should have promoted Clark.

The Fever have already played 10 games while other teams have played only 6 games. And now the Fever have to play again tomorrow, flying to New York with no off day. At least now they can take a charter flight.

The Fever needed more practice time early and more gaps between actual games. They also played the 3 top teams a total of 6 times in it's first 11 games. The Fever needed to play a better mix of good and bad teams to provide a better opportunity to improve.

The WNBA just seems to be full of marketing idiots that are killing their golden goose.

Last edited:
If they're not careful, the WNBA is going to see their golden goose out for the most of the season with injuries. An uprovoked, dead-ball cheap shot from the blind side on CC for no reason? Cost: 1 FT. Why not take a cheap shot on the other team's best player every game, if all it's going to cost you is 1 FT and you have a good chance of knocking her out of the game? Why not? I don't understand why the WNBA players don't put a stop to it -- it's their careers at risk! Unless they threaten to strike if refs don't start cutting back on the rough play -- and suspending players who do what the Sky player did to CC -- it will continue. I just don't understand why the player's union isn't taking the lead on this stuff??
If there was any doubt about what an asshole Angel Reese is, there was only 1 player who jumped off the Sky bench in enthusiastic applause and celebration when her teammate leveled CC from behind: yep, Reese -- she of the Vogue cover and crocodile tears about how she's "misunderstood".
Prediction: there will soon be one marquee rivalry in the WNBA: the Fever vs Sky.

During the Chicago game the Fever shot 39.1%. Clark made her first two 3's but missed the next seven 3s. She ended up with 10 pts. Mitchell took the most shots (of course) and was 6 of 16 with 5 free throws. Boston was 4 of 14. The shooting was atrocious today. The Fever really has no bench after the first 7.

During the Chicago game the Fever shot 39.1%. Clark made her first two 3's but missed the next seven 3s. She ended up with 10 pts. Mitchell took the most shots (of course) and was 6 of 16 with 5 free throws. Boston was 4 of 14. The shooting was atrocious today. The Fever really has no bench after the first 7.
Once they have some time to practice together, I'm hoping Mitchell & Clark can become a dynamic duo. Right now, Clark is looking to pass too often, and Mitchell has shown an ability to penetrate at will but isn't passing enough! They both have elite-level skill -- now they just need a coach who can teach them how to meld their skills together.

I see Clark looking at the rim when she would have shot the ball in college. She clearly does not have the green light to shoot, and it is badly affecting her game.

Omg... And I think you're being generous with that 2-2.5 guess. I'd venture out to say most games 4 or 5 more. That's not counting the ones they just drop and don't even get a shot up on. She's gotta be so freaking frustrated. I know she won't do it (at least not yet) but I wish she'd be more selfish and look for her shot more. She needs to get a two foot jump stop in the lane added to her game. Once she starts hitting 5-8 foot floaters down consistently then she'll be cooking with bacon.

I see Clark looking at the rim when she would have shot the ball in college. She clearly does not have the green light to shoot, and it is badly affecting her game.

One would think they would be providing screens on a constant basis

And be looking for her 24/7 when she is around the three line

Omg... And I think you're being generous with that 2-2.5 guess. I'd venture out to say most games 4 or 5 more. That's not counting the ones they just drop and don't even get a shot up on. She's gotta be so freaking frustrated. I know she won't do it (at least not yet) but I wish she'd be more selfish and look for her shot more. She needs to get a two foot jump stop in the lane added to her game. Once she starts hitting 5-8 foot floaters down consistently then she'll be cooking with bacon.

She was absolutely Exhausted against the Sky team, she played all 40 minutes the day before in a tough
game

If one was a betting man, perhaps take the opponent of a team playing two games in a row. last time
it happened, the Fever traveled to Las Vegas from a win at LA the night before

She was absolutely Exhausted against the Sky team, she played all 40 minutes the day before in a tough
game

If one was a betting man, perhaps take the opponent of a team playing two games in a row. last time
it happened, the Fever traveled to Las Vegas from a win at LA the night before
I'm not sure what's worse the schedule they've had or how the coach has handled it... I'm not some huge load management guy by any means but I'd have not played Clark in NY at all and you could tell the first 5 mins she wasn't anywhere close to herself. Yet coach kept on playing her. There's no lessons to be learned for her by that. They had zero chance of winning that game anyway. Her and another starter or two probably shoulda taken that day totally off and gotten a full week of rest.

Then there is this

We're supposed to profer all "respect" for those who built this league.
Except they're out there on record talking about how they want to "kill rookies" when they play them. And it "happens in different ways". Yah, for Taurasi she is (was?) good enough to physically beat them...playing basketball. Others, not so much. And voila. We have the "different ways", like this play. FFS, nothing makes me madder than when I see people say Reese is an "average player". She's not. She's got height and uses it to rebound. That's her job. And she does it well above average. So when, this veteran player who's had decent, but not sustained moments in the WNBA is finding out that those coming along after are just better than her...we get this kind of basketball.

No way Taurasi does this. She comes back on the next play, uses her strength and maybe pushes the boundary of an offensive foul and then smokes Reese. But as the grande dame....right? The one who gets the Taurasi/Bird Cast for the Final 4 and is pointed to as the grande dame of women's basketball? It's just not a good look.

There's a reason baseball reigned supreme for so long. And why there's so many "heroes" in baseball. Nobody makes glowing movies about good players who say stupid sh$t. They make movies about people who artfully shouldered the burden of breaking the color barrier, or considered themself the luckiest man on the face of the earth. And if they don't have that artfulness or eloquence, they sick Crash Davis on them in the minors to teach them how to say "I'm just happy to be here and help out the ball club in any way I can." Of course, we know it's theater. We don't believe a word of it. Honesty may be the best policy, but not always the most prosperous.

Dirty dirty dirty. No 2 ways about it. Had she have landed at just a little different angle and hit the back of her head first Reese coulda been really hurt bad on that.
I believe they were teammates at Maryland
before Reese transfered to LSU

Nasty play could have sent Reese to the hospital

We're supposed to profer all "respect" for those who built this league.
Except they're out there on record talking about how they want to "kill rookies" when they play them. And it "happens in different ways". Yah, for Taurasi she is (was?) good enough to physically beat them...playing basketball. Others, not so much. And voila. We have the "different ways", like this play. FFS, nothing makes me madder than when I see people say Reese is an "average player". She's not. She's got height and uses it to rebound. That's her job. And she does it well above average. So when, this veteran player who's had decent, but not sustained moments in the WNBA is finding out that those coming along after are just better than her...we get this kind of basketball.

No way Taurasi does this. She comes back on the next play, uses her strength and maybe pushes the boundary of an offensive foul and then smokes Reese. But as the grande dame....right? The one who gets the Taurasi/Bird Cast for the Final 4 and is pointed to as the grande dame of women's basketball? It's just not a good look.

There's a reason baseball reigned supreme for so long. And why there's so many "heroes" in baseball. Nobody makes glowing movies about good players who say stupid sh$t. They make movies about people who artfully shouldered the burden of breaking the color barrier, or considered themself the luckiest man on the face of the earth. And if they don't have that artfulness or eloquence, they sick Crash Davis on them in the minors to teach them how to say "I'm just happy to be here and help out the ball club in any way I can." Of course, we know it's theater. We don't believe a word of it. Honesty may be the best policy, but not always the most prosperous.

Reese is a Demon getting offensive rebounds

Thomas should have been penalized severely for that thug nastiness

The powers that be Have to clean it up before someone suffers a severe permanent injury

With Reese it is perhaps sauce for the gander equals sauce for the gander

Caitlin is rather a trash talker and has been making comments to the gentlewoman on the Sky team on the other end of the court on the way back down court, but the reaction was a bit over the top

I believe they were teammates at Maryland
before Reese transfered to LSU

Nasty play could have sent Reese to the hospital
I don't think I've seen someone from that angle use their arm to clothesline someone backwards like that before while rebounding. Shoulda resulted in a suspension of some sort too.

Latest posts