Fever vs Liberty

Sorry... Not meaning to rag so hard but really had higher expectations. Not miracles, not trip-dubs but just basic bball.
Right now, this is an ESPN 30-30 doc in the making ... ala Ryan Leaf level bust.
Not Caitlin's (total) fault on such a bad team but on pace to be epic fall off the pedestal.

I don’t understand why the coach keeps using Caitlin as a decoy. I get that she’s not shooting great but she’s best with the ball in her hands and she will figure it out. Plus that’s who the fans want to see.

Head Scratcher

Big Lebowski GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

How long until viewership plummets?

Might be a while

Just went to Google Search

Tried their new Google Search Labs

Typed: Caitlin Clark WNBA

Over 70 articles popped from prestigious sites

Clicked on More Results at the bottom of the page and 20 more articles popped up

Over 11 pages of video clips

All this from tonight's game

Last edited:
I had never watched a WNBA game until Tuesday. I can see why the WNBA is not entertaining. There's not much you can do to save it from failing. It look nothing like the college game. The only thing I saw comparable this year was the WV vs IA game in the 2nd round. Unless the WNBA cracks down on the physical play its demise is soon at hand. It looks like the inmates are running the prison. Older players are holding back change. They want a style that is boring to watch but saves them from running and prolongs their careers.

Ok... I'm struggling... I want so bad to keep watching - wife and I have loved CC for 4 years - but watch this unwatchable. Then I see MVP Jakic and Nuggets get beat by 35 in playoff game?! Everyone has off nites.
CC is gonna be fine!

Is this what all WNBA games look like? I see very little passing, just players getting the ball and trying to score, head down. I've never seen Caitlin just stand around like she was doing last night.

I had never watched a WNBA game until Tuesday. I can see why the WNBA is not entertaining. There's not much you can do to save it from failing. It look nothing like the college game. The only thing I saw comparable this year was the WV vs IA game in the 2nd round. Unless the WNBA cracks down on the physical play its demise is soon at hand. It looks like the inmates are running the prison. Older players are holding back change. They want a style that is boring to watch but saves them from running and prolongs their careers.
yeah I've been pretty unimpressed with the level of basketball - there are certainly great players.

But.. wow is there a lot of hacking. I've never seen so much fouling.

Remember that Bill Laimbeer was one of the original WNBA coaches.

I didn't see the game last night as I won't subscribe. From what I read I didn't miss much at all. CC is no longer must-see-tv. I suspect many are drifting that way.

I watched the game last night. First WNBA game ever for me. I was shocked at what a terrible job the Fever coach was doing, so I googled her resume. Prior to being the head coach for Indiana, she had never been a head coach before at any level. Not high school, not college, not pro. How does that happen?

At one point in the first half, they had 8 straight offensive possessions where Clark did not touch the ball.

Last edited:
I watched the game last night. First WNBA game ever for me. I was shocked at what a terrible job the Fever coach was doing, so I googled her resume. Prior to being the head coach for Indiana, she had never been a head coach before at any level. Not high school, not college, not pro. How does that happen?
If their top players are making $80K I can imagine what the coaches' salaries are, not to mention facilities and other resources.

If Caitlyn Clark ever writes a memoir, when she talks about her greatest regret it will be that she didn't take Ice Cube up on his offer. Not kidding. Now that the shine has worn off to a dull patina in record time there's no way she's going to command that kind of money. Not from Ice Cube, and not from endorsements, either. She took a huge gamble on an experiment and lost.

People may tell me it's too early for that kind of analysis, but this isn't just Caitlyn Clark, folks. She's playing in a garbage league that is coached, managed, and marketed by a bunch of comparative flunkies. It is a gigantic fail of a sports league only kept off life support by NBA subsidization. She could be the female Michael Jordan and it wouldn't save her or this sinking ship because the product and supporting cast sucks.

At least in Ice Cube's league it would've been entertaining and could've driven a whole lot of hype. If there's something Ice Cube knows better than anyone in the WNBA it's creating and selling hype and entertainment.

The sooner she can ditch the shithole WNBA and become a high profile college coach the better for her.

If Caitlyn Clark ever writes a memoir, when she talks about her greatest regret it will be that she didn't take Ice Cube up on his offer. Not kidding. Now that the shine has worn off to a dull patina in record time there's no way she's going to command that kind of money. Not from Ice Cube, and not from endorsements, either. She took a huge gamble on an experiment and lost.

People may tell me it's too early for that kind of analysis, but this isn't just Caitlyn Clark, folks. She's playing in a garbage league that is coached, managed, and marketed by a bunch of comparative flunkies. It is a gigantic fail of a sports league only kept off life support by NBA subsidization. She could be the female Michael Jordan and it wouldn't save her or this sinking ship because the product and supporting cast sucks.

At least in Ice Cube's league it would've been entertaining and could've driven a whole lot of hype. If there's something Ice Cube knows better than anyone in the WNBA it's creating and selling hype and entertainment.

The sooner she can ditch the shithole WNBA and become a high profile college coach the better for her.
so much truth in this post.

I watched all these games and yes this league is run by complete morons. First of all, you have the greatest money maker in the history of your league, and you put her against the two of the best 3 teams in the league last year and top 3 defensively. Great marketing genius there.

And then watching the refs in these games - Clark (and a lot of other players on both teams) get mugged big time and then they call these touch fouls on Clark. Listen dumbasses that's your meal ticket, don't be calling ticky tack fouls on your cash bag. The absolute lack of foresight and intelligence of this league is truly dumpster level like I've never seen.

The Fever apparently don't have set plays and play a helter-skelter game

There were quite a few times that Caitlin was open to receive a pass in one of her spots
and was ignored

I gave up counting how many time the Fever tossed the ball at the basket and didn't even
hit the rim

Latest posts