Ferentz 3.0 What can we expect??

What I've said before is: I want Ferentz fired as Iowa coach. That's not hating him. I want excellence for Iowa football, and I realize Ferentz is NOT going to achieve excellence as the coach of Iowa football, so Ferentz must, IMO, be gone. Unfortunately, you don't see that this is about Iowa football and not about Curt Ferentz.

your quote...
As I've posted so many times before: I love Iowa football, I don't (like you) love Curt Ferentz. BTW, what was your response to KOK's supposed bad offensive play calling? Why do you think that same type of offensive play calling has bled into the Davis years? Hum? Why do you think Iowa spent the preseason learning how to play quickly? I have a lot of friends who all hate Ferentz, but we're not going to go all ape*** like you if we find someone who disagrees with us. Especially if they can't carry the argument.

my response...
and hate is such a strong word. what has KF done to warrant your "hate". have you met the man? did he beat your children? did he kick your dog? why to you HATE him?

your response...
He loses games.

how'd i do?

It's always been the other way around. KOK a toady to KF and GD a toady to KF. And the reason: for one, duh, ultra-conservative offense, from KOK and from GD. Now, who wants ultra-conservative offense? Did KOK, considering his history? Does GD, considering his history?

i was using sarcasm to make my point. There are no toadies. The offensive philosophy is based on the kind of talent Iowa is likely to recruit.

According to your theory then, KF hires OC's with histories that he disagrees with. Pretty lame theory.

Last edited:
What I've said before is: I want Ferentz fired as Iowa coach. That's not hating him. I want excellence for Iowa football, and I realize Ferentz is NOT going to achieve excellence as the coach of Iowa football, so Ferentz must, IMO, be gone. Unfortunately, you don't see that this is about Iowa football and not about Curt Ferentz.
You say you don't hate Ferentz, but your (and others) insistence on referring to him as 'Curt' or 'Kirt' makes me think differently. That level of disrespect infers hate.

So hence forth you shall be referred to as "HomoChampless"

Oops, that would be unfair to the gay community. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
I think what we can expect are teams that play in a lot of close games and finish between 6-6 and 9-3 based on the outcomes of those games.

In 2013 we finished 2-2 in games decided by 8 points or less: Final record: 8-5
In 2014 thus far we are 3-4 in games decided by 8 points or less: Current record: 7-5

The Ferentz coaching philosophy combined with average to above average recruiting (never great) almost predetermines the outcome, IMHO

I think what we can expect are teams that play in a lot of close games and finish between 6-6 and 9-3 based on the outcomes of those games.

In 2013 we finished 2-2 in games decided by 8 points or less: Final record: 8-5
In 2014 thus far we are 3-4 in games decided by 8 points or less: Current record: 7-5

The Ferentz coaching philosophy combined with average to above average recruiting (never great) almost predetermines the outcome, IMHO

And when you factor in the incredibly low level of competition that these results are achieved against it should result in firing.

Last edited:

Latest posts