Fellow Forum Posters

Northside Hawk

We could beat our heads against the wall all night. We were not going to win when we go 9-10 from the line in the last minute of regulation and still blow a nine point lead. A 14% free throw shooter hits two biggies. That has never happened before and it will never happen again.

What else were we supposed to do? I pointed out that this was Northwestern in reverse. A poster pointed out it was far worse. He was right.

It makes no sense to explain a loss like this because there is no explanation.

We could beat our heads against the wall all night. We were not going to win when we go 9-10 from the line in the last minute of regulation and still blow a nine point lead. A 14% free throw shooter hits two biggies. That has never happened before and it will never happen again.

What else were we supposed to do? I pointed out that this was Northwestern in reverse. A poster pointed out it was far worse. He was right.

You act like it was some destiny shit and there’s nothing Iowa could have done. How about not having CMC on the floor in crutch time? What about a timeout at the end of OT to draw up a play? Switch defenders on Watson?

The whole “that’s basketball” ideology is garbage.

You act like it was some destiny shit and there’s nothing Iowa could have done. How about not having CMC on the floor in crutch time? What about a timeout at the end of OT to draw up a play? Switch defenders on Watson?

The whole “that’s basketball” ideology is garbage.
Well, Bohannon had a lucky shot bank in as well. Don't throw destiny or divine intervention at me.

Nebraska, like most second division teams, played with more urgency. They were more desperate. They know their coach is about to get fired. I pointed out in the game thread when they cut our sixteen poimt lead down to ten that there was a chance they could their second wind and start playing out of their mind.

They got in an all time zone late in regulation. It wouldn't have mattered who we had on the floor. They blocked out all the noise and reached that level of concentration that not even athletes can explain. It was focus, not destiny. Ben Wilson and Len Bias losing their lives so Michael Jordan could become Michael, that was destiny my friend. Big difference.

not let a below avg 3-ball shooter (watson) make 7 uncontested 3's. that's one thing.

This should've been the game to win, to have some fucking sort of mo going into tbe B10 tourney....nope let's trickle it down our legs.....ooohhh can't wait until the tourney starts .....no God damn will to win, period. All of the Fran lovers can suck it....he needs to go.....I'm not all about, "oh that was a great effort".....you shout stomp the hell out of teams you should win against, end of story.....you cannot go in with a limp dick and expect to win , sorry........

Well, Bohannon had a lucky shot bank in as well. Don't throw destiny or divine intervention at me.

Nebraska, like most second division teams, played with more urgency. They were more desperate. They know their coach is about to get fired. I pointed out in the game thread when they cut our sixteen poimt lead down to ten that there was a chance they could their second wind and start playing out of their mind.

They got in an all time zone late in regulation. It wouldn't have mattered who we had on the floor. They blocked out all the noise and reached that level of concentration that not even athletes can explain. It was focus, not destiny. Ben Wilson and Len Bias losing their lives so Michael Jordan could become Michael, that was destiny my friend. Big difference.
Total apologist bullshit. A weak coach and a weak team got exposed these last three weeks.

Period.

Iowa got ZERO stops down the stretch in regulation. Playing defense might help.

What did they says during the game, we allowed 16 points in 42 seconds?
I was more concerned with the amount of times we got the ball stripped from our hands. And the amount of strips rhat we fortunate to have bounce to one of our guys.

We need to have stronger hands out there. I don't care you have to squeeze rubber balls or putty packs or tension handles all day, do it. That's where book is out on us.

I've read your stuff. You've posted like a weak fan the past couple weeks.

Period.

Grow up or follow another team.
I called this swoon weeks ago and was spot on with 0-2 the last two games, including against lowly Nebraska.

I’m the Mayor of Realville. You’re about to be evicted. Go sell crazy someplace else.

Are you under the impression that being reasonable is going to work.

But c'mon North -- "Never" happens all the time to Iowa. "Never" just takes different forms from game to game.

I see some are going with another insightful breakdown of our misfortunes. I'm going with Kumbaya myself.

I was more concerned with the amount of times we got the ball stripped from our hands. And the amount of strips rhat we fortunate to have bounce to one of our guys.

We need to have stronger hands out there. I don't care you have to squeeze rubber balls or putty packs or tension handles all day, do it. That's where book is out on us.

Yeah there were some turnovers, too. Have to see it again but I thought the one where Bohannon (I think) seemed unaware of a nearby defender who just took it away.. And blew past nearby flat-footed defenders for an easy dunk.. That one really comes to mind.

I called this swoon weeks ago and was spot on with 0-2 the last two games, including against lowly Nebraska.

I’m the Mayor of Realville. You’re about to be evicted. Go sell crazy someplace else.
You call bullshit I'll call bullshit right back. It's all good. We lost a basketball game. We should won that basketball game. We playing our worst ball of the year at the worst time. I think that's real enough.

Yeah there were some turnovers, too. Have to see it again but I thought the one where Bohannon (I think) seemed unaware of a nearby defender who just took it away.. And blew past nearby flat-footed defenders for an easy dunk.. That one really comes to mind.
That was a killer. And partially on Moss, who inbounded the ball.

Are you under the impression that being reasonable is going to work.

But c'mon North -- "Never" happens all the time to Iowa. "Never" just takes different forms from game to game.
Sadly this appears to be true.

Side Note - I can’t figure Cook out. I feel like it’s 4 on 5 out there on both ends. Is he hurt? I don’t even think he can get high enough to dunk right now.

Latest posts