Fellow Forum Posters

Sadly this appears to be true.

Side Note - I can’t figure Cook out. I feel like it’s 4 on 5 out there on both ends. Is he hurt? I don’t even think he can get high enough to dunk right now.
Some guys when they know it’s their last few games

1) focus and bear down or

2) mind wanders — about future job (probably TC) or future without playing ball.

Sadly this appears to be true.

Side Note - I can’t figure Cook out. I feel like it’s 4 on 5 out there on both ends. Is he hurt? I don’t even think he can get high enough to dunk right now.
Who knows how much his knee is still bothering him. Or how much practice time he's missed. He's looked out of sync out there for well over a month, back to the Minnesota game.

Who knows how much his knee is still bothering him. Or how much practice time he's missed. He's looked out of sync out there for well over a month, back to the Minnesota game.

Bingo. Look at the plays a few games back when he started to flub low bounce passes. Typically they were passes a bit off target and really low with someone pushing from behind.

Bending over is hard with a bad knee. He couldnt bend over all the way. Shooting is really hard with a bad knee. Hard to be leaning back and bend while moving forward with a bad knee.

The comeback was extremely flukey. Before that, we were up 9 with a minute to go against a team that was playing really hard at home. That's a pretty good situation to be in do I'm happy about that. What I'm worried about is a loss like that crushing them at the worst possible time. It would be easier to regroup and start fresh had they lost by 20.

This should've been the game to win, to have some fucking sort of mo going into tbe B10 tourney....nope let's trickle it down our legs.....ooohhh can't wait until the tourney starts .....no God damn will to win, period. All of the Fran lovers can suck it....he needs to go.....I'm not all about, "oh that was a great effort".....you shout stomp the hell out of teams you should win against, end of story.....you cannot go in with a limp dick and expect to win , sorry........

Did you ask Fran if it was limp?

The comeback was extremely flukey. Before that, we were up 9 with a minute to go against a team that was playing really hard at home. That's a pretty good situation to be in do I'm happy about that. What I'm worried about is a loss like that crushing them at the worst possible time. It would be easier to regroup and start fresh had they lost by 20.
Nebraska was a desperate team, much more than we were, and it showed. Once they got locked into an all time zone I don't think it would have mattered what we did or who was out there defending. That was their Super Bowl and they played like it. This wasn't like the UNI NCAA game from a couple years ago where they could barely get the ball inbounds. We were hitting an respectable number of our free throws.

We didn't have anyone who could contain Roby either. The defensive breakdowns in the first half, the offensive rebound putbacks, they all counted just as much.

Looking ahead to the tournament we will probably have to shoot close to or better than 50% to have a chance to win. Because the defense, over the course of a forty minute game, is reverting back to old habits.

Every time they came down and chucked up a 3, I was like good, no way that bullshit is going in. Yet every time that shot dropped for them. Those were forced, crappy 3's and they made every one of them. They made 4 lucky ass 3's in a row. I thought the play that really killed us is Jordan letting that piss ant steal the inbound pass and then they got the dunk. Besdies that play, we protected the ball, and made 9 out of 10 free throws. I mean it took them making 4 consecutive 3's, getting a steal and a basket to cut that 5-6 point lead we had.

Overall big picture, what a pathetic, pathetic loss. Not that we blew the lead at the end, but how did we NOT have a 20 point lead against a team that in essence had 4 legit players, and 2 of them fouled out? They were playing with complete and total scrubs at the end and basically had two capable players on the floor for the overtime in Palmer and Watson.

This is the team I thought we were coming into the season. A team that was barely a NIT team, and had no chance of making the NCAA's. Thank God they played like a NCAA team for 3/4 of the season and will still make the NCAA tournament, but what a shit show this has been to finish out the season.

I see some are going with another insightful breakdown of our misfortunes. I'm going with Kumbaya myself.

Kumbaya??? Lol, man your dating yourself using that term. What are you in your late fifties or mid sixties? I think I am going to have start watching “The Monkeys” re-runs or “The Partridge Family” re-runs. Lol

Every time they came down and chucked up a 3, I was like good, no way that bullshit is going in. Yet every time that shot dropped for them. Those were forced, crappy 3's and they made every one of them. They made 4 lucky ass 3's in a row. I thought the play that really killed us is Jordan letting that piss ant steal the inbound pass and then they got the dunk. Besdies that play, we protected the ball, and made 9 out of 10 free throws. I mean it took them making 4 consecutive 3's, getting a steal and a basket to cut that 5-6 point lead we had.

Overall big picture, what a pathetic, pathetic loss. Not that we blew the lead at the end, but how did we NOT have a 20 point lead against a team that in essence had 4 legit players, and 2 of them fouled out? They were playing with complete and total scrubs at the end and basically had two capable players on the floor for the overtime in Palmer and Watson.

This is the team I thought we were coming into the season. A team that was barely a NIT team, and had no chance of making the NCAA's. Thank God they played like a NCAA team for 3/4 of the season and will still make the NCAA tournament, but what a shit show this has been to finish out the season.

Iowa is fortunate that they played well for 3/4 of the year, they will back into the NCAA. I wouldn't place a $5 bet on Iowa being able to beat ANY team in the B1G conference, let alone make a run. They are playing worse than an NIT team right now. That said, it's been said a million times on here, all that matters is the post season. If Iowa suddenly wakes up and makes a run ( i wouldn't bet on it, but it happens) - no one gives a shit about how this regular season ended. That's not a positive outlook, nor would I bet on it happening, in fact, ask me now and I would say Iowa doesn't get another W again this year. But, it's the truth if that happens. Go on a tear, play on Sunday in the B1G tournament or go on a tear and get to the sweet 16 and no one cares anymore about all these "issues" and we'll be talking about how high this team is ranked next pre-season. It's the ups and downs of a long year. There's no way to NOT be disappointed with how this team finished, but it's over and now there are 2 new seasons that are still yet to played where everyone is still undefeated.

I think we found out that this team couldn't sustain the defensive effort for the entire season. It takes a lot of energy and mental toughness to do it.

Fran knows what he knows. At this point it is clear that Fran doesn't know how to teach guys to play B1G basketball. We play swinging door defense. We throw the ball away constantly and we look scared and battered against any team that wants to pressure the dribble or body in the post.

It's rarely when a team makes a comeback like Nebraska did that it's 100% because of the team that blew the lead or the team making the comeback. Iowa made a few blunders that contributed to it but it's like 70-30 on just Nebby playing out of their minds the last minute or so.

We went 9-10 in FTs down the stretch and still lost. Four times, Nebby came down in 3-4 seconds, chucked up a 3 from 23-26 feet and they went in. Yeah, we didn't play good D on 3 of those 4 but then they were probably trying not to foul and put them on the line for 3 FTs. Also, a 17% FT shooter knocks down both FTs. That dude's FT form makes Ethan Happ's look good yet they both went down.

If even one of those 3s or one of those FTs don't go down and we rebound it, the game's over. Probably like a 5% chance for Nebby to convert all six of those and they did.

Live and in person - sitting 9 rows up from where Iowa had to inbound the ball, the last 3 minutes of the game, the refs just let Nebraska run over Jordan. Just hammered him. I am not blaming the refs. That's how it goes - the refs basically let Nebraska play football the last minutes and Iowa let them - they made plays and Iowa let them. Iowa lost that game, the refs played their part, Nebraska played their part, and Iowa played their part. It was disgusting to watch unfold.

Live and in person - sitting 9 rows up from where Iowa had to inbound the ball, the last 3 minutes of the game, the refs just let Nebraska run over Jordan. Just hammered him. I am not blaming the refs. That's how it goes - the refs basically let Nebraska play football the last minutes and Iowa let them - they made plays and Iowa let them. Iowa lost that game, the refs played their part, Nebraska played their part, and Iowa played their part. It was disgusting to watch unfold.

Our entire team must practice with the QB red jerseys on. It's like they have never seen contact before. The recurring theme is that we cant play through physicality. Why is it that over and over again we look like children that need saved by the refs whistle?
You can't count on drawing 20 fouls a game in the B1G.

Finesse basketball doesn't work in the B1G. Plain and simple. Until Fran figures that out we will be a middle of the pack team in the good years and worse in the down ones. Yay!

Our entire team must practice with the QB red jerseys on. It's like they have never seen contact before. The recurring theme is that we cant play through physicality. Why is it that over and over again we look like children that need saved by the refs whistle?
You can't count on drawing 20 fouls a game in the B1G.

Finesse basketball doesn't work in the B1G. Plain and simple. Until Fran figures that out we will be a middle of the pack team in the good years and worse in the down ones. Yay!

he's never gonna figure it out. You can only hope that he recruits better (which I think he has the last few years) players who are tougher and more physical despite it.

Did they do it jast as he got the ball or did he have the ball and was hammered?

Didnt see the game. Against Maryland Jordan should have anticipated getting fouled w no call.

Ironically Nebby fans could gripe about uneven calls or lack of them on Iowa.

Did they do it jast as he got the ball or did he have the ball and was hammered?

Didnt see the game. Against Maryland Jordan should have anticipated getting fouled w no call.

Ironically Nebby fans could gripe about uneven calls or lack of them on Iowa.

Yeah, I am not blaming the refs at all. Again, Nebraska took advantage to the way the game was called and Iowa just laid down and took it. Iowa lost that game. That said, he was being hammered both during the inbounding and then immediately after. He also got the fouls called- but - like for instance - right before the inbound pass was stolen, the reason Jordan wasn't ready for the pass is that he was basically picking himself up off the floor from being leveled and no call before that. One spot, there was an inadvertent horn that sounded, right after Iowa got the ball in to Connor, who was being fouled like crazy and then Iowa had to re-set up - in a play where there was a ton of more fouling.

Our guards couldn't match the intensity or physical play that Nebraska had down the stretch and they folded. Iowa is soft - no other word to describe it.

Yeah, I am not blaming the refs at all. Again, Nebraska took advantage to the way the game was called and Iowa just laid down and took it. Iowa lost that game. That said, he was being hammered both during the inbounding and then immediately after. He also got the fouls called- but - like for instance - right before the inbound pass was stolen, the reason Jordan wasn't ready for the pass is that he was basically picking himself up off the floor from being leveled and no call before that. One spot, there was an inadvertent horn that sounded, right after Iowa got the ball in to Connor, who was being fouled like crazy and then Iowa had to re-set up - in a play where there was a ton of more fouling.

Our guards couldn't match the intensity or physical play that Nebraska had down the stretch and they folded. Iowa is soft - no other word to describe it.

I saw that on TV as well, they just hammered Jordan while trying to inbound the ball. That is pretty typical though actually and kind of drives me nuts. The officals let this go on in every game at the end it seems.

Latest posts