favorite announcer quotes.

"Do you believe in miracles....YES!"--Al Michaels

"Smith corks in to right down the line....It may go....Go crazy folks, go crazy!"--Jack Buck

Anytime Mike Shannon yells: "Get up baby, get up, get up, get up. Oh yeah! Homerun! He's done it again!"

1996 @ Illinos
Zabel: Boy, I could sure use a bowl of Mother Podolak's Chili, something was missing before the game today.
Podolak: I'd fight that whole Illinois team for a bowl of that.
Zabel: In fact if we had a vat full of it I'd climb right in there and sit.
Podolak: We'd be the most popular guys in the stadium...........ewww, that quite a picture you sitting in a vat full of chili.

"Harmon will probly try to squib it, and he does. Ball comes loose and the bears have to get outta bounds. Rogers along the sideline, another one. They're still in big trouble at midfield, they tried to do a couple of... The ball is still loose as they get to Rogers, hes back now to the 30, hes down to the 20, OH THE BAND IS OUT ON THE FIELD, HES GONNA GO INTO THE ENDZONE, HES GONNA GO INTO THE ENDZONE!!"

- Joe Starkey

Bob Uecker

"Haywood leads the league in just about every category including nose hair." "When he sneezes it looks like a party favor."

"The Indians scored no runs, one hit, one god damn hit?
"You can't say that on the air"
"Oh who cares, no one is listening anyways."

Sorry, one of my favorite movies..

Oh there's a plethora from Uecker.

"Cerrano's gonna need a rocket up his a** to catch that one."

*said in a drunken stupor* "Take over Monty...I'm.....in the bag."

"JUUUUUUST a bit outside."

"In case you haven't noticed, and judging by the attendance you haven't, the Indians have managed to win a few here and there, and are threatening to climb out of the cellar."

"The post game show is brought to you by.....*shuffling through papers*....Christ I can't find it, to Hell with it!"

"Just a reminder, fans, coming up is our 'Die-Hard Night' here at the stadium. Free admission to anyone who was ACTUALLY alive the last time the Indians won a pennant."

Oh there's a plethora from Uecker.
*said in a drunken stupor* "Take over Monty...I'm.....in the bag."
"

"I don't know Monty, looks like Vaughn is carrying his left a little low, that might hurt him in the later rounds."

Oh Harry Doyle, his were endless.

"Ball 4 . . . Ball 8 . . . Low, and he walks the bases loaded on 12 straight pitches. How can these guys lay off pitches that close?"

"This guy threw at his own son in a father son game."

As for Iowa announcers, my favorite is The Catch, but a close second is "CJ Jones, CU later!"

I can't believe this one hasn't been posted yet!

“They wind the clock. 9 seconds to
play and Drew Tate doesn’t know that. The game is going to end on this play. . . He fires downfield. It’s caught . . . And into the end zone! Touchdown Iowa! Touchdown Iowa! No time on the clock! I don’t believe what I just saw!â€￾

"I honestly think who scores the most points at the end of the day is going to come out on top".

This was an NFL pregame statement a long time ago. I cannot remember the broadcaster who stated it. My buddy & I still bring it up for laughs from time to time.

Last edited:
Don't remember the year but Harry Carey at Wrigley field after a foul ball went into the booth and knocked over his "beverage"

"Looks like we're gonna need a relief pitcher"

LOVE it. One of my favorite Harry Caray memories is when, during a lull in the action, he'd say something completely random like this gem: "Bowa spelled backwards is awob."

"Down the sidelines, Amari Spievey!!" - Wayne Larrivee, 2008 @ Minny
"Norm Parker is a beautiful mind." - Chris Martin, 2008 @ Minny (I think)
"Knowshon Moreno is NO Shonn Greene." - Chris Martin, 2008 multiple times

"Little roller up along first, and its behind the bag, it gets through Buckner..." Vin Scully

Latest posts