Farniok and Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say you're frustrated that we can't land 4 star caliber players but it sounds more like you're frustrated that we can't land players that are ranked as 4 stars. We land 2 and 3 star players all the time that are 4 star caliber players.

People like to look at guys like Bob Sanders and Robert Gallery and say how good the staff is at developing players. Those guys were destined to be studs all along. They just weren't ranked high coming out of high school.

I literally stated in that post "I love this class" even without the 4-star rated guys. My point was being that even when we go 12-2 we struggle to land the high-caliber RATED players. I obviously realize Ferentz develops low-rated players and that's how he's always run the program and that's perfectly okay. My point being was just that you would think our 12-2 season would be able to get us in the doors for some higher rated recruits. But we filled the 2016 class early so that had a lot to do with it. I think consistency winning would definitely go a long way here. We can't do what we did in 2010 and go 8-5 then 7-6 after going 11-2 in 09.

Okay??? Come on what? Why would he cancel his visit there this weekend when he has never visited there before, but still have an in-home with their OL coach? Tell me how that makes sense.

Makes a lot of sense, it's not rocket science. He's there to try to convince him to take the trip to Lincoln. We better hope he's not successful doing so. By the way........this is per Nate Clouse as of this morning.

I've not heard a source say he has cancelled his visit. I've heard it expressed as he's now on the fence about doing so after he said he would earlier. Rob Howe expressed in an article yesterday that he was having second thoughts about the visit.

Makes a lot of sense, it's not rocket science. He's there to try to convince him to take the trip to Lincoln. We better hope he's not successful doing so. By the way........this is per Nate Clouse as of this morning.

I've not heard a source say he has cancelled his visit. I've heard it expressed as he's now on the fence about doing so after he said he would earlier. Rob Howe expressed in an article yesterday that he was having second thoughts about the visit.

Have not seen one tweet about Nebraska's OL coach visiting him

https://twitter.com/MikeMatya/status/692787498066423809

I literally stated in that post "I love this class" even without the 4-star rated guys. My point was being that even when we go 12-2 we struggle to land the high-caliber RATED players. I obviously realize Ferentz develops low-rated players and that's how he's always run the program and that's perfectly okay. My point being was just that you would think our 12-2 season would be able to get us in the doors for some higher rated recruits. But we filled the 2016 class early so that had a lot to do with it. I think consistency winning would definitely go a long way here. We can't do what we did in 2010 and go 8-5 then 7-6 after going 11-2 in 09.

To me when you say 4 star "caliber" player, it means a player with the ability to play like a 4 star. That's why I said what I said. I also think Kirk gets way too much credit for developing players and not near enough credit for finding 4 star caliber players that are under ranked. I tell you what tho, hindsight does suggest that we would have been better off not filling the class as soon as we did. How could anyone have seen a 12-0 season coming tho? If we would have had a normal season, filling the class like we did would have been the best thing. Hindsight is a b!tch.

To me when you say 4 star "caliber" player, it means a player with the ability to play like a 4 star. That's why I said what I said. I also think Kirk gets way too much credit for developing players and not near enough credit for finding 4 star caliber players that are under ranked. I tell you what tho, hindsight does suggest that we would have been better off not filling the class as soon as we did. How could anyone have seen a 12-0 season coming tho? If we would have had a normal season, filling the class like we did would have been the best thing. Hindsight is a b!tch.

I agree, the staff's ability for scouting and finding diamonds in the rough is much more prevalent than the actual development of the player.

But yes, I don't think a single person in the country saw a 12-2 season coming. It would've been interesting to see how different the class would've been if we didn't fill up the class so fast. I really don't know if it would be that much different though.

At least Ferentz is taking the high road and not pulling a Harbaugh and pushing guys out to find better players. Not that we are oversigning or anything.

That guy is just a tool.

Okay??? Come on what? Why would he cancel his visit there this weekend when he has never visited there before, but still have an in-home with their OL coach? Tell me how that makes sense.

make sense? i have not 1 idea what is going down between the school and the player. i'm just reading what people have posted in this thread - and restating it for you. it makes sense that if the kid cancelled his visit that Nebraska wouldn't roll over and wave the white flag - they are still making the effort - and the in home visit is for that, one would assume. if you won't visit me, i'll visit you - because i want you for my team.

make sense spearchucker?

Last edited by a moderator:
make sense? i have not 1 idea what is going down between the school and the player. i'm just reading what people have posted in this thread - and restating it for you. it makes sense that if the kid cancelled his visit that Nebraska wouldn't roll over and wave the white flag - they are still making the effort - and the in home visit is for that, one would assume. if you won't visit me, i'll visit you - because i want you for my team.

make sense spearchucker?

NO!!!

So I guess if something is not "tweeted" it must not exist?

at about the 10:45 mark.............http://huskeronline.podbean.com/e/hol-radio-show-jan-28-segment-5-signing-day-predictions/

Hahahah YOU were the one that said "I haven't seen a single source saying the visit was cancelled"

I provided you a link.

Thanks for providing one for me.

Maybe there is an in-home happening tonight, maybe there isn't. All I'm saying is I haven't seen anything about that until the link you sent

make sense spearchucker?

Wtf?? Who says that?

Last edited:
i thought maybe the paragraph above that. i really have a hard time following you.

regarding spearchucker - - who said that? i did.

Wow, you're IQ must be 12. No sh#t you said that. I guess Admins can say whatever the hell they want to whoever they want without being reported?? Got it.

Wow, you're IQ must be 12. No sh#t you said that. I guess Admins can say whatever the hell they want to whoever they want without being reported?? Got it.

funny.

why'd you say 'who said that' then?

btw, i'm pretty sure the bylaws of this site also include not using vulgar language or changing letters to get around that. but hey, i'm just saying whatever i want and getting away with it.

you should PM JD and report my behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.