Farniok and Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iowa has an in-home with Jackson tonight. I think NE is next weekend unless Iowa can convince otherwise.

Reportedly Farniok getting the full court press (again) at home tonight from several NE staff.........at some point some of these pursuits just become comical to a degree. Between the NE, IA, and MSU visits of late I would think the Farniok's front door is ready to fall off.

Last I knew there were no NCAA rules regarding Skype. Know some noted programs have used, wonder if Iowa does?

Reportedly Farniok getting the full court press (again) at home tonight from several NE staff.........at some point some of these pursuits just become comical to a degree. Between the NE, IA, and MSU visits of late I would think the Farniok's front door is ready to fall off.

Last I knew there were no NCAA rules regarding Skype. Know some noted programs have used, wonder if Iowa does?

For any of the schools, what can they actually be talking about at this point? The weather?

What the F*CK!? We're losing OFFENSIVE LINEMEN to Nebraska now? Thank goodness we've had great OL recruits lately.

*Sarcasm*

Yep we lost Farniok. I've wondered if part of our O-line recruiting problems stem from Brian's ego. He's done great things for the program, but he comes across as someone who really likes the sound of his own voice. I wonder if recruits catch on to this and it turns them off? It would turn me off--but that's me. Just a thought. The Reese Morgan disposition and approach is more my style.

Didn't really think Farniok would go to Nebraska. Wonder what made the difference? Its not like Nebraska is a program going in the right direction. Or maybe that's it. Maybe he thinks he will get to play more and sooner.

Didn't really think Farniok would go to Nebraska. Wonder what made the difference? Its not like Nebraska is a program going in the right direction. Or maybe that's it. Maybe he thinks he will get to play more and sooner.

I mean they had one losing season last year in which 5 of their losses came by a combined 13 points, and beat a pretty solid program in UCLA and the only B1G team to beat Michigan St. NOT defending them by any means but does no one remember when we went 4-8 three years ago? Michigan 5-7 last year? It's not like Nebraska is gonna go 6-7 every year. It happens everywhere.

If we expect them to be 6-7 every year we're getting our hopes a little high....As much as I wish that would happen, it's not going to.

We've never been able to out-recruit the Nebraska's, Michigan's, Penn State's, Ohio State's, Michigan State's or Wisconsin really. That's the way Iowa football works. We run on low to mid-level 3-star prospects and turn some of them into NFL caliber prospects.

Yep we lost Farniok. I've wondered if part of our O-line recruiting problems stem from Brian's ego. He's done great things for the program, but he comes across as someone who really likes the sound of his own voice. I wonder if recruits catch on to this and it turns them off? It would turn me off--but that's me. Just a thought. The Reese Morgan disposition and approach is more my style.

Agree 100%

I mean they had one losing season last year in which 5 of their losses came by a combined 13 points, and beat a pretty solid program in UCLA and the only B1G team to beat Michigan St. NOT defending them by any means but does no one remember when we went 4-8 three years ago? Michigan 5-7 last year? It's not like Nebraska is gonna go 6-7 every year. It happens everywhere.

If we expect them to be 6-7 every year we're getting our hopes a little high....As much as I wish that would happen, it's not going to.

We've never been able to out-recruit the Nebraska's, Michigan's, Penn State's, Ohio State's, Michigan State's or Wisconsin really. That's the way Iowa football works. We run on low to mid-level 3-star prospects and turn some of them into NFL caliber prospects.

Please stop using "we" when referring to Iowa. You aren't fooling anyone. Kthxbye

Please stop using "we" when referring to Iowa. You aren't fooling anyone. Kthxbye

Because I'm actually one of the few realistics on this board and don't think Nebraska is going to go 5-7 every year for the next decade.....that makes me a Nebraska fan?? Got it. Lol

Man, the delusion on this board is painful.

Who is our fallback recruit if Alaric Jackson doesn't commit?

I don't know of one that we for sure have in mind. 2016 class is pretty full. There's always a chance we offer someone last minute, but I would almost prefer to save that scholarship for 2017 class.

Otherwise, I would say give it to a walk-on that deserves it.

With that being said, I still think Alaric is a Hawk.

Because I'm actually one of the few realistics on this board and don't think Nebraska is going to go 5-7 every year for the next decade.....that makes me a Nebraska fan?? Got it. Lol

Man, the delusion on this board is painful.

Dude, you aren't even a good troll. Literally all of your posts are full of A. negativity towards Iowa B. positivity towards other schools at the expense of Iowa or C. backhanded compliments towards Iowa. Seriously. "Man, the delusion on this board is painful." perfect quote right there from someone who isn't a Hawk fan.

Dude, you aren't even a good troll. Literally all of your posts are full of A. negativity towards Iowa B. positivity towards other schools at the expense of Iowa or C. backhanded compliments towards Iowa. Seriously. "Man, the delusion on this board is painful." perfect quote right there from someone who isn't a Hawk fan.

Okay dude, you keep telling yourself that. All I said is how I'm frustrated that we can't land 4-star caliber recruits for this class after going 12-2, and that Ferentz needs to be more aggressive on the recruiting trail. I haven't been "negative" at all, unless you are just the most sensitive person in the world. I've stated countless times how much I love this class and how awesome 2017 is starting.

As for the "positivity" towards other schools, I'm not sure what you're referring to.....the fact that I said I don't think Nebraska will go 5-7 every year for the next decade? Is that "positivity" to you? I'm sorry, I consider it just being a person with common sense. Some people on here apparently haven't heard of that. Or that I said I admired Wisconsin's ability to recruit nationally? Is that what you're referring to? I would also consider that common sense. Schools like Iowa should be able to recruit nationally, instead of the same 5 states every year. Because I say something good about another school, it doesn't mean I'm a f*cking fan of them, for god's sake. Get over yourself.

Not everything is always dandelions and rainbows as an Iowa fan, I apologize for being maybe a little too judgmental of this staff at times, but I'm also realistic and don't think that we do enough on the recruiting trail. Sorry if that offends you......Here's an idea, don't reply.

Last edited:

All of this is spot on EXCEPT Iowa has had success recruiting against WI and MSU in the past. They should have more success vs NE going forward now that there isn't a glaring facilities gap. Iowa will never be able to recruit aganist OSU, MI or PSU for neutral recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.