Fant - Effort issues continue?

proudhawkfan21

From the Broncos website. Seems NFL players set high expectations for people based on how hard they work not how good they might be....

Check out the comments. Maybe the staff felt the same way. Anyone who has coached a kid with superior talent and a less than motivated effort can relate. The NFL will abuse him until he quits. Looks like he caught on though....

Screenshot_20190723-075638_Chrome.jpg

Noah is with the big boys now. Professionals in all the major sports make their living on spotting the weakest link in their opponent, whatever it is, and exploiting it. Finishing your route is like hustling down to first base on routine ground balls. It's part of being a professional.

Noah may make a huge play in a big playoff game some day. And he will remember that long ago hot day in July when some veteran scalded him for not finishing his routes.

There are tons of players with major league talent and a five year old's mental toughness. They usually don't last long, they get run out of the league to spend the rest of their lives wondering "what if"? Of course the reverse is true as well. Look at how long Kyle Korver has been in the NBA.

Last edited:
Randy Moss says "Hi"
Randy Moss was the most talented man to ever play the position of wide receiver in the National Football League. That guy could dog it if he wanted to. If Randy Moss had Jerry Rice's work ethic, it would have rendered any future discussions of the best WR ever moot, but Randy wanted to keep things interesting for future generations.

b4abeed53b688ce75865c950cf110f0c379e23ea99525463276c096dd8057a2d.jpg

I see a little bit of pre-Madonna characteristics in Fant. Sometimes I thought he and his family put himself on a pedestal a bit and rules were different for them. The Iowa coaches holding him out of the game in certain situations all makes sense now. They didn't put up with that crap. Hockenson was the polar opposite as a guy who maybe doesn't have all the natural talent and metrics but just works his azz off and finishes routes or blocks. Fant better get his shitick straight cause it's not cool ending up as one of the biggest first round draft pick busts, ala Ryan Leaf or Tony Mandarich.

Stop with the "I deserve this" attitude. Do your job.

b4abeed53b688ce75865c950cf110f0c379e23ea99525463276c096dd8057a2d.jpg

I see a little bit of pre-Madonna characteristics in Fant. Sometimes I thought he and his family put himself on a pedestal a bit and rules were different for them. The Iowa coaches holding him out of the game in certain situations all makes sense now. They didn't put up with that crap. Hockenson was the polar opposite as a guy who maybe doesn't have all the natural talent and metrics but just works his azz off and finishes routes or blocks. Fant better get his shitick straight cause it's not cool ending up as one of the biggest first round draft pick busts, ala Ryan Leaf or Tony Mandarich.

Stop with the "I deserve this" attitude. Do your job.
Love the play on words.

The actual Madonna paid her dues on the lower East side Manhattan scene for years. She was originally a drummer for a couple punk rock bands that didn't make it. She had to deal with the hard New York scene, being a woman, and being dirt poor before trusting her instincts and reinventing pop music. The people in the industry wanted her to be the next Pat Benatar or Deborah Harry.

The Lions during my entire lifetime of going on 54 years have always found ways to screw things up. But I like Matt Patricia. And TJ could be walking into a nice situation with an ascending team. A coach from the Bill Belichick tree is definitely going to know how to use a tight end.

I say this with caution and trepidation however. I mean these are the Detroit Lions.

The Lions during my entire lifetime of going on 54 years have always found ways to screw things up. But I like Matt Patricia. And TJ could be walking into a nice situation with an ascending team. A coach from the Bill Belichick tree is definitely going to know how to use a tight end.

I say this with caution and trepidation however. I mean these are the Detroit Lions.

It's going to be interesting to see if the Lions can finally get it correct and ascend and be one the next consistent teams in the playoffs. Just has that feel. It's neat when new teams come into the scene.

Love the play on words.

The actual Madonna paid her dues on the lower East side Manhattan scene for years. She was originally a drummer for a couple punk rock bands that didn't make it. She had to deal with the hard New York scene, being a woman, and being dirt poor before trusting her instincts and reinventing pop music. The people in the industry wanted her to be the next Pat Benatar or Deborah Harry.

Lol, in other words, THE Pre-Madonna was no Prima Donna. She paid her dues, man.

Fant, on the other hand, may actually be a Prima Donna

prima donna
[ˌprēmə ˈdänə]
NOUN
  1. the chief female singer in an opera or opera company.
    synonyms:
    leading soprano · leading lady · diva · (opera) star · 
    [more]
    • a very temperamental person with an inflated view of their own talent or importance.
      "the prima-donna behavior of some of the stars"

NFL Total Access just had a piece on Fant being one of two rookies in camp turning heads. Maybe he didn't run a route completely but he must be doing something right.

So true, about the Lions. But many think Matt Patricia is the next train wreck in the franchise's long history. I hope not, would love to see TJ do well...but not so sure about Patricia.

So true, about the Lions. But many think Matt Patricia is the next train wreck in the franchise's long history. I hope not, would love to see TJ do well...but not so sure about Patricia.

Yeah about every 10 years the Lions put together a roster and have some good success for a few years but then roster moves, free agency, Charles Johnson retiring early and things like that take the team back down. Too bad because they have a really good qb who should probably go free agent to try and get a ring.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I bet the Lions aren't having that trouble with their new TE.

You mean Jesse James. I am a Steelers fan so I am trying to be funny. I see what Patricia is trying to do .....not sold if it will ever work in Detroit.

Jeez, some people on this post seem to have it out for Fant. Read the rest of the article outside of the snapshot and you'll read that the Broncos OC feels that he is an "excellent run-blocker" and they are asking "a lot of him because he is capable of it." Going from College Football to the NFL is a big step and rookies make rookie mistakes, but they also improve.

Jeez, some people on this post seem to have it out for Fant. Read the rest of the article outside of the snapshot and you'll read that the Broncos OC feels that he is an "excellent run-blocker" and they are asking "a lot of him because he is capable of it." Going from College Football to the NFL is a big step and rookies make rookie mistakes, but they also improve.
I don’t think any of us have it out for Fant, but it’s not arguable that he was more of a prima donna than Hockenson and I’ve read two articles now pointing out that Fant is getting some shit for not working as hard as he should. If you follow twitter you’ll see Fant is all about putting himself out there for this reason and that reason, but how much do you hear from Hockenson? Not a peep, and by all accounts it’s because he’s probably too busy busting his ass in camp.

Fant’s a good dude and a good TE, but I know which of the two I’m picking in the draft first.

Latest posts