Facebook -- Coach K

I think Rick will be an HC someday. The guy is no dummy. I just don't think that his communication methods wound up being a long term fit.

None of this is to say the other Iowa coaches don't crack the whip at times. It's football, and Kirk has a totally different 'voice' on the practice field than he does in front of a camera.

But there is a balance when breaking people down, and building them back up. I think Coach K was lacking a bit on the latter.

I'm sure there's truth in all this speculation, but the most telling sign we could get of what's happening internally would be the return of a defection. If Ferguson or Raymon were to return to the program, we could probably infer a few things. Maybe one of the coaches will accidentally run into Ferguson on campus some time and have an impromtu discussion if he's still enrolled there.

I'm sure there's truth in all this speculation, but the most telling sign we could get of what's happening internally would be the return of a defection. If Ferguson or Raymon were to return to the program, we could probably infer a few things. Maybe one of the coaches will accidentally run into Ferguson on campus some time and have an impromtu discussion if he's still enrolled there.

As interesting as that would be, could that really happen?

I don't see Raymon coming back. I think he is someone that needs to stay real close to home.

I don't see anyone else returning, either.

I'm sure Jon's right. I was just looking at it from a practical point of view, knowing nothing about the specifics of why those players aren't on the team.

In this case, it might make sense to talk to someone who could fill an immediate need. Especially if he was a good player and is already on campus. The view from Iowa City might be a little different after paying for school for a year out of your own pocket. Maybe something would happen, maybe it wouldn’t but it would certainly be worth the price of a conversation.

I dont think there are going to many cures for Iowa's immediate needs on the DL, afraid to say.

It really is astounding to me that after putting three guys in the NFL, Iowa can basically promise playing time next year to a top tier recruit and we get nothing... maybe THAT is a reflection on Rick. We can get kids to join at all the other positions because of playing time, why not the d-line?

It really is astounding to me that after putting three guys in the NFL, Iowa can basically promise playing time next year to a top tier recruit and we get nothing... maybe THAT is a reflection on Rick. We can get kids to join at all the other positions because of playing time, why not the d-line?

Iowa has two commits from four star DL's.

But DL is not a positon where a true frosh is gonna come in and save the day...even when a true frosh DL plays, its usually a desperate situation and not a good idea for your program, or a reflection of where things are at that time.

Iowa has two commits from four star DL's.

But DL is not a positon where a true frosh is gonna come in and save the day...even when a true frosh DL plays, its usually a desperate situation and not a good idea for your program, or a reflection of where things are at that time.

I know, I know, but Johnson is a DT and Ekatakie is pretty much known to be ranked for his potential. It seems like there are a handful of top ranked guys that could contribute right away... I know even then its not a good situation for the program, but it would be nice to get a snff from some of those guys given the opportunity.

I know, I know, but Johnson is a DT and Ekatakie is pretty much known to be ranked for his potential. It seems like there are a handful of top ranked guys that could contribute right away... I know even then its not a good situation for the program, but it would be nice to get a snff from some of those guys given the opportunity.

When has Iowa consistently landed such players?

When has Iowa consistently landed such players?

never, much less consistently... not saying we did. but usually we have a couple of those type of guys sniffing around (mike williams, ingram, cyrus k). and i dont recall a situation like we have now with so much recent success in the nfl and so much room on the depth chart. its just makes me scratch my head on how the situation got as bad as it appears.

I think Rick will be an HC someday. The guy is no dummy. I just don't think that his communication methods wound up being a long term fit.

None of this is to say the other Iowa coaches don't crack the whip at times. It's football, and Kirk has a totally different 'voice' on the practice field than he does in front of a camera.

But there is a balance when breaking people down, and building them back up. I think Coach K was lacking a bit on the latter.

Interesting, so this is a HUGH IF but with Mike Stoops still available could He and KF co-exist. From what I’ve seen of Mike he makes P. Rhodes look reserved on the sidelines. Really surprised he hasn’t signed on with one of his Brothers. Don’t see him taking a small college HC Job and not sure if he is a hirable candidate for a larger school this year.

Ingram was actually only a 3* recruit I believe. He was one of the lowest rated recruits in Bama's class that year.

Rivals had him as a 4-star and the 189th overall recruit, but he was still Alabama's 12th-highest rated recruit in the '08 class. Scout had him as a 3-star.

So this is the reason our defensive lines have been sub par? Even last year, with AC and company not performing, Daniels seemed like a force. Now Daniels kind of disappears this year. If coach K was the problem, I'm glad the Huskers now have that problem. We need a d line coach that inspires and motivates players, not alienate them!

Daniels ''disappeared'' when he hurt his ankle. IN the last few games,as his ankle got better,he came back.

No doubt when he was on a line with Clayborn,Ballard,and Klug...he saw fewer doubleteams.

I've had plenty of criticism for the Captain, but I do have confidence we are going to see an improvement with his next hire at this spot.

be honest between the two coaches we have as sp teams coordinators we deserve better special teams. special teams used to be a strength for iowa. outside of guthrie our special teams was not special this year. i am far from the fire kf fans. i think even with a 7-5 record he is the best coach for the iowa job. i know kf works a lot with our ol but i think he comes off as separated from his players and i think that is what happened a little with norm with the health problems and the d faltered the last few years. kf doesnt have the health problems so he needs to fix it. since sp teams is usually young frosh and soph i think it would be a good way to bring it back to where it used to be.

Very pleasant post, so please I'm not arguing with you, but honestly I can not agree with you here. The way I see KF approach players coming off the field, tearing up, reaching out on the field and patting fannies.....I just don't agree he isn't connected, interested and still fired up and giving it his all.

PS...I know you didn't say those last things I just got caught up in the moment....:D

Latest posts